1 minute ago, Holmowl said:

Why?

If he has been playing up, and Carlos still picked him!

I would suspect CC wanted to play counter attacking football. FF and J-Wow are the only forwards we have that can fully utilize that set up. Or he wanted to play rigid and hope for a bit of magic. FF is also the best player for that, with a Wallace thunderbolt as second.

Just now, Holmowl said:

Why?

If he has been playing up, and Carlos still picked him!

It may seem a bit fanciful, but maybe Carlos played him upfront against Preston in order to make his point, and has now decided to go public about the situation in order to reassert some power over Forestieri - if he selects him on the left next weekend, then Forestieri has a choice to make: either perform as the Hillsborough faithful know he can, otherwise the end is surely nigh...

As I say, maybe a bit fanciful, but I'm running out of straws to grasp on this one!

:duntmatter:

1 minute ago, DobbinTheDonkey said:

I would suspect CC wanted to play counter attacking football. FF and J-Wow are the only forwards we have that can fully utilize that set up. Or he wanted to play rigid and hope for a bit of magic. FF is also the best player for that, with a Wallace thunderbolt as second.

If he is that scared of Preston bloody North End, then Lord help us.

The end of CC will not be this situation, it will be Jordan Rhodes unless he can find a way to utilize him properly.

if he can't, then he HAS to bench him. And DC won't be happy with 10m quids worth of striker sat around

playing him at the moment offers zero value.

10 minutes ago, Grandad said:

I can't think of a player we have who tracks back more than FF

Reach? And Reach is certainly better defensively than FF. It seems to me Carlos is happy sacrafice FFs creativity for added solidity. 

This might be ok if we weren't desperately lacking in creativity in all other areas of the pitch.

11 minutes ago, Grandad said:

I can't think of a player we have who tracks back more than FF

He tracks back when he wants to. He also hangs about offside when he's been pressing. 

Playing wide he has to be more disciplined in his covering - which is not his game. 

Just now, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

It may seem a bit fanciful, but maybe Carlos played him upfront against Preston in order to make his point, and has now decided to go public about the situation in order to reassert some power over Forestieri - if he selects him on the left next weekend, then Forestieri has a choice to make: either perform as the Hillsborough faithful know he can, otherwise the end is surely nigh...

As I say, maybe a bit fanciful, but I'm running out of straws to grasp on this one!

:duntmatter:

Fair enough.

I must admit I have had several of my own conspiracy thoughts.

Here's mine...

Carlos was appalled over Norwich-gate and wanted rid.

DC said no, keep him, wrap his knuckles, but play him.

Interesting to see how this current mess works out.

He's not a striker, not a central one anyway. As part of a forward line off three then yes he can play upfront.

If we could do this you would have hooper and ff behind Rhoades/winnall/fletcher.

Failing that he needs to play out left on the wing.

Perhaps the team knew about this, set up him up to fail. Who knows.

44 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Hold on...

Carlos getting stick from 75% of fans for not playing FF left, then when he explains why he doesn't, Carlos is at fault!?

Of course it's CC's fault - he picks the team!

8 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Me neither. That's what makes his attitude so bloody stupid. He is wonderful at it. He wins the ball back in our half and turns round and starts an attack. It gets the crowd going. 

But if he thinks he is a striker, more fool him. He is a 15mil Prem winger, and a 5mil occasional pick striker in a good Championship side.

For me he is a wide attacker in a front 3. But enough is enough, I think he should go now.  I didn't like what happened at Norwich and I was uncomfortable at the time with keeping him.  If we do get a big fee for him, we should go out and sign a fast winger for the same money in the mould of Knock1aert.  If we do continue playing 4-4-2 which does look likely, Hooper is the better player in the no. 10 role so he wouldn't be missed. He is much stronger and doesn't get knocked off the ball.

1 minute ago, scram said:

Of course it's CC's fault - he picks the team!

Well yeah. 

The whole is he a winger or striker debate is a bit of a nothing issue for me at the moment. 

More about the manager and his authority or lack thereof  and a player who (if you believe what you read tonight) is playing up again. 

This is not how we want to be starting a new season. Terrible. 

Edited by SiJ