Summer 2017 non-mega transfer thread

7 hours ago, Holmowl said:

25 goals and umpteen assists from RW over 2 seasons.

Ever-present.

25 years old.

Top drawer Championship player and every chance he can do it higher.

Far, far, far from a 'top drawer' Champ player. Hes one footed, selfish, cant dictate a game and to top it off hes massively arrogant  

£7.2m is mental

4 hours ago, Milan Missing Marble said:

Yep, after his form last season you would think so.

But with the money they've got and potential sales, he may well still find his chances limited there, once they sign a few players. There's a good chance he might be loaned out again or if he sees little chance of making it there, he may ask for a move this summer. I hope we could get him but he might be out of our reach too, and may find a chance at one of the lower top flight clubs, newly promoted or parachute payment clubs. I'd be over the moon if we could get him though, has he looks a very good player for this level.

Not convinced about Lawrence. There was a clamour on here last summer for Reach after a supposedly successful spell at Preston and we know how that turned out WTF:

11 minutes ago, MOwl said:

Far, far, far from a 'top drawer' Champ player. Hes one footed, selfish, cant dictate a game and to top it off hes massively arrogant  

£7.2m is mental

Being an arogant tvvat hasn't done Ibra any harm. 

As for 7.2m......here are his goals since his brief spell in the Prem

Pl 45 scored 14 

Pl 42 scored 12 

Pl 18 scored 11

And he is 25 and English.

7.2m might well be mental, but it wouldn't buy him.

Edited by Holmowl

55 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

Not convinced about Lawrence. There was a clamour on here last summer for Reach after a supposedly successful spell at Preston and we know how that turned out WTF:

Why are you unconvinced by him?

If we brought him in, I honestly could see him having a Lee or Forestieri impact on the team. He's versatile; skillful, improving, exciting, scores good goals, assists and he's an international. From what I have seen of him, he looks like he's going to get better and he's already a significant cut above Reach to be honest. We'd do well to bring him in or anyone better, as it already seems the likes of Ince; Snodgrass and Jota, etc are out of our reach and maybe Lawrence might be too? I hope not, because I would love us to sign him or someone like him to improve us.

We shouldn't be using this window to bring in players who will add to areas where we lacked strength in depth last season The brief needs to be more specific than that. We need to add the qualities the side lacks.

There is strength in depth aplenty up front, but only Joao has any real pace. Pace throughout the side is a must, and must be rectified in this window. In modern football, you will not be successful without it. Likewise, we don't just need to add to our centre backs, we need to add a leader who gives us some sort of aerial dominance. The shortcomings are not necessarily a lack of numbers in any one position, but more a complete absence of certain skill sets

1 hour ago, Great Big Galaa said:

Maybe Preston know how to get the best out of their wingers? McGeady was supposedly flying last season and as you say Preston fans rated Reach. Can't think of any winger who has been a success for us since CC has been here. You could argue a good case for Wallace but most of the time he's playing very narrow.

Edited by Walt

Birmingham City have reportedly made a £7.5m offer for West Ham United target Henry Onyekuru.

His current club Eupen have told the Hammers that they will have to pay £7.87m to sign the winger to aid his chances of gaining a work permit.

But Blues are said to be going head-to-head with the London club to land the highly-rated 20-year-old.

2 hours ago, MOwl said:

£7.2m is mental

Best get on the phone to Wagner before he makes a huge mistake then 

Villa will have to stump up more than £1million if they want to sign top midfield target Glenn Whelan.

The 33-year-old has already been the subject of a £500,000 bid which was rejected out of hand by Stoke City.

Villa might now need to double their offer in order to prise the Republic of Ireland international away from the Potters.

1 hour ago, Milan Missing Marble said:

Why are you unconvinced by him?

If we brought him in, I honestly could see him having a Lee or Forestieri impact on the team. He's versatile; skillful, improving, exciting, scores good goals, assists and he's an international. From what I have seen of him, he looks like he's going to get better and he's already a significant cut above Reach to be honest. We'd do well to bring him in or anyone better, as it already seems the likes of Ince; Snodgrass and Jota, etc are out of our reach and maybe Lawrence might be too? I hope not, because I would love us to sign him or someone like him to improve us.

Aren't Newcastle after Lawrence?

We don't really stand a chance of getting any of the stand out championship players while we're still here ourselves. Lawrence, Ince, Jota, Wood etc...All on the up. Forestieri would be out of our league by now if he wasn't ours.

Our policy seems to be to go for players from promoted teams, who aren't expected to cut it at PL level and deemed surplus to requirements.

13 hours ago, Milan Missing Marble said:

Considering the likes of Jota, Ince and Snodgrass are out of our reach and will probably all be in the top flight next season, who could we realistically get like that to improve us? The one I would like is Tom Lawrence from Leicester, who impressed at Ipswich last season. Would he be realistic on loan or to buy or would be be out of our reach too? It seems we're going to have to be smart and try and pick up a mixture of proven experience along with one or two less proven young loanees or foreign bargains?

Lawrence, Watkins, Robinson three fairly versatile targets off the top of my head.

14 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

Slutsky at Hull has revealed that they have an agreement in place with Chelsea to loan players. So looks like Hull have dibs on any Chelsea players they want. 

Abramivichs best mate. 

3 hours ago, Great Big Galaa said:

It turned out reasonably well. Reach is a good player, good engine, versatile and plenty of potential to improve further. He cost a few bob but will grow into his price tag given time.

Some people can't get past the price tag, it doesn't bother me, I didn't buy him with my own money.

1 hour ago, TheEnchanter said:

Slutsky at Hull has revealed that they have an agreement in place with Chelsea to loan players. So looks like Hull have dibs on any Chelsea players they want. 

Looking at some of these reports we could be in danger of being left behind on the transfer front.

11 minutes ago, prowl said:

It turned out reasonably well. Reach is a good player, good engine, versatile and plenty of potential to improve further. He cost a few bob but will grow into his price tag given time.

Some people can't get past the price tag, it doesn't bother me, I didn't buy him with my own money.

The price tag is a problem for a lot of our fans, but even if we'd have got him on a free I'd have been less than impressed last season. He gets a lot of the ball but his usage is far too frequently poor. His confidence did seem to take a hit, but I'm not so sure this would explain it.

He does have a good engine, and he is versatile - I also like how no matter how bad his game has been he'll always make himself available; he never tries to 'hide'. I'm not sure about this 'potential to improve further' though; he's 24 now, and I'd say this is going to have to be a big season for him. If we really are to go 3-5-2 next season then maybe this could suit him, but he'll necessarily have to become a key-player in that set-up if we're to make it work. Even in a 4-4-2, it's clear that Reach is the type of wide-midfielder CC prefers, rather than the more conventional winger type, so either way I imagine he'll be CC's first choice

2 hours ago, WTF said:

Best get on the phone to Wagner before he makes a huge mistake then 

For all i know he could end up being a top drawer Prem player. I dont think he will be though. 

56 minutes ago, prowl said:

Nothing to do with the price tag, i just don`t rate him.

Good engine and has 1 DECENT game in every 6 or 7 ,  but he is desperately weak for someone his size, loses every 50 - 50 challenge and his first instinct is almost always to pass backwards.

A bit like Joao he has all the raw materials but very rarely makes the most of them.