Summer 2017 non-mega transfer thread

13 minutes ago, Finlux_Cup said:

Keep the nucleus of the current match day regulars but add some players who also possess pace and power!

Brighton nailed it last season and they were good to watch.

Yep, I think that's the way to go, they were quite smart after a few years of progression and building. If we're smart and can be a bit luckier with injuries, and keep a more settled and balanced side, then we could do something similar to them. We need to get the summer recruitment right this time.

4 hours ago, Milan Missing Marble said:

Southampton are interested in Jaap Stam, apparently he's on their managerial shortlist.

Chelsea youngsters Tammy Abraham and Mason Mount could be heading to Dutch club Vitesse Arnhem.

An unnamed Championship club have had a £500,000 bid for Bury striker James Vaughan rejected.

Sounds like a 90`s muck star. 

3 hours ago, OughtibridgeOwl said:

John terry offered a "good" deal by Birmingham. 

Shirley we can offer similar if not better. I would certainly take him for the season or two. 

Not read the thread read so unsure if this has been covered 

I expect Terry to go to China for a massive final payday before he retires. 

Oh , and dont call me Shirley. 

2 hours ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

It's not surprising though - I remember a local journo from the West Midlands put the nail on the head with his response to Rowett's sacking, he described the new Chinese owners as "autograph hunters", seeking big name players and managers regardless of how they'll actually improve the team.

Worked a treat with Zola. 

18 minutes ago, Milan Missing Marble said:

A few Championship clubs are interested in loaning 20 year-old Kosovan attacking midfielder Bersant Celina from Man City. He did well in loan at FC Twente last season. Is he someone we should be interested in? Maybe Nuhiu could have a word lol

An attacking midfielder?  And a loanee? 

As if he'd get games from Carlos lol

23 minutes ago, Milan Missing Marble said:

A few Championship clubs are interested in loaning 20 year-old Kosovan attacking midfielder Bersant Celina from Man City. He did well in loan at FC Twente last season. Is he someone we should be interested in? Maybe Nuhiu could have a word lol

And drop Bannan or Lee, not a chance.

1 hour ago, Milan Missing Marble said:

Considering the likes of Jota, Ince and Snodgrass are out of our reach and will probably all be in the top flight next season, who could we realistically get like that to improve us? The one I would like is Tom Lawrence from Leicester, who impressed at Ipswich last season. Would he be realistic on loan or to buy or would be be out of our reach too? It seems we're going to have to be smart and try and pick up a mixture of proven experience along with one or two less proven young loanees or foreign bargains?

He'd be outstanding.

1 hour ago, Milan Missing Marble said:

Yeah it's sad to see all that talent go to waste. But not many, if any make it. But a fair few are good enough already for the Championship and League 1. It was good to see, quite a few given a chance on loan at this level last season, several of them were among the stand out players at this level last season. Those clubs are like mega rich corporations, with endless conveyor belts of staff coming and going. The likes of Chelsea had a ridiculous amount of players out on loan, and yet their youth team was still outstanding.

At one time Chelsea had 38 players out on loan, some of whom helped our rivals Huddersfield (Palmer and Brown) whilst Abraham was a sensation at Brizzle.

However, I'm sure that loans come with strings attached so that Wednesday maybe would have to play them for so many matches. Difficult to do for a team aiming for promotion unless the youngsters hit the ground running. A few years ago Baker was recalled from us as he wasn't getting the games. 

Edited by Beauchief Owl

Played golf with Huddersfield pal this afternoon. He says they are rumored to be in for Ince.

Sad but true, that in a straight fight with Huddersfield over a player we will almost certainly lose out.

11 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Played golf with Huddersfield pal this afternoon. He says they are rumored to be in for Ince.

Sad but true, that in a straight fight with Huddersfield over a player we will almost certainly lose out.

They are welcome to him at £8-10 million. Huddersfield had a bid of £7.2 million turned down! 

15 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Never thought I would see the day Huddersfield would be seen as a more attractive option than us. Those bloody play offs :-(

6 minutes ago, Owls77 said:

They are welcome to him at £8-10 million. Huddersfield had a bid of £7.2 million turned down! 

25 goals and umpteen assists from RW over 2 seasons.

Ever-present.

25 years old.

Top drawer Championship player and every chance he can do it higher.

Guest wilyfox

If Forestieri were to leave, Ince would be the one I'd want to succeed him here. Neither move has happened yet, so I won't fret. 

3 hours ago, Milan Missing Marble said:

Considering the likes of Jota, Ince and Snodgrass are out of our reach and will probably all be in the top flight next season, who could we realistically get like that to improve us? The one I would like is Tom Lawrence from Leicester, who impressed at Ipswich last season. Would he be realistic on loan or to buy or would be be out of our reach too? It seems we're going to have to be smart and try and pick up a mixture of proven experience along with one or two less proven young loanees or foreign bargains?

Tom Lawrence is probably due a shot at Leicester.

3 hours ago, Pulixifer said:

Tom Lawrence is probably due a shot at Leicester.

3 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

If Mahrez ,gets the move he wants Lawrence may well get his chance. 

Yep, after his form last season you would think so.

But with the money they've got and potential sales, he may well still find his chances limited there, once they sign a few players. There's a good chance he might be loaned out again or if he sees little chance of making it there, he may ask for a move this summer. I hope we could get him but he might be out of our reach too, and may find a chance at one of the lower top flight clubs, newly promoted or parachute payment clubs. I'd be over the moon if we could get him though, has he looks a very good player for this level.