Summer 2017 non-mega transfer thread

2 hours ago, s6 owl said:

Chris Wilder is now Sunderland's 1st choice and apparently he's interested in talking to them lol Oh how I would laugh

Crystal Palace have joined Sunderland in showing an interest in Chris Wilder after Big Sam's resignation, he personally recommended Wilder to the Palace hierarchy. Looks like he could be off :ghoulguy:

Whilst it would be a wrench to leave united he has Demi god status there and that could change quickly should they struggle next season. A move to Sunderland or the Premier league would maintain that, earn him more cash and enhance his reputation. 

Megson left at a time that kept his rep intact here at a former club/his club. Had Jones left after promotion he'd be better remembered too.

Would be hilarious too.

8 hours ago, Milan Missing Marble said:

Why are you unconvinced by him?

If we brought him in, I honestly could see him having a Lee or Forestieri impact on the team. He's versatile; skillful, improving, exciting, scores good goals, assists and he's an international. From what I have seen of him, he looks like he's going to get better and he's already a significant cut above Reach to be honest. We'd do well to bring him in or anyone better, as it already seems the likes of Ince; Snodgrass and Jota, etc are out of our reach and maybe Lawrence might be too? I hope not, because I would love us to sign him or someone like him to improve us.

It's easier when you're the top dog in a poor side we're nothing's really expected but it'd be totally different here, chuck in a inflated transfer fee and we'll have another Reach situation IMO.

15 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

It's easier when you're the top dog in a poor side we're nothing's really expected but it'd be totally different here, chuck in a inflated transfer fee and we'll have another Reach situation IMO.

That's a fair point but from what I have seen of him, especially for Ipswich and Wales, he looks like he's more than just a flash in the pan or a show pony among donkeys. He drives them on, links up well and he looks exciting whenever he gets a chance for Wales too. He's a former Man United youngster like Lee. I reckon he needs to be given a full season somewhere, and he will improve further. A season long loan with a chance of a permanent deal or between a couple of million to a few million, will be good value if he continues to improve. Personally I think he would be far better than Reach and would improve us. I could be wrong but to me he looks like he's got something about him to do well.

Edited by Milan Missing Marble

1 hour ago, Tamworthowl said:

To play regular first team football?

Not quite the point im making. No player actively WANTS to drop down. All players playing in the Premier League WANT to do well in the Prem. 

Obviously the major difference is is that not all can.

34 minutes ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

Boro fans are wondering about a swap deal with Snodgrass and Traore. No idea if that's on the table but they're both players that seem to bounce around a fair bit searching for the right fit.

Traore imo is another JJ or Helan, great pace but no end product 9/10. Not Premiership class imo. Snodgrass is a much better player.

Edited by WalthamOwl

54 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

Second club in for Liam LIndsay, is Barnsley, who have moved after hearing of fee accepted by Partick Thistle. Got to say they are usually good at spotting developing young talent in lower leagues, much better than ourselves.

Really like their recruitment philosophy. Very interested in how some of their new signings will do next season.

Talking about Barnsley... Would anyone like to see Matty James here. If he can stay injury free, he would be top end Championship player.

8 minutes ago, malek said:

Really like their recruitment philosophy. Very interested in how some of their new signings will do next season.

Talking about Barnsley... Would anyone like to see Matty James here. If he can stay injury free, he would be top end Championship player.

Matty James would be a good signing. Equally adept in midfield and defensively. Matty James would improve us defensively whilst Tom Lawrence I reckon would improve us going forward. If we could get them both from Leicester that would be very smart business. Barnsley do seem to discover some young gems. If they were smarter with their contracts, then they would probably bring more money in and do well. The player that stands out there for me is their new captain and centre back Marc Roberts, he looks like someone that could play for a top Championship club or at a higher level.

16 minutes ago, malek said:

Agree with you there.

Why do we only buy players like Lindsay after they've proved themselves a team teams like Barnsley and they prices have increased x10 rather than just do some scouting and buy in players cheaply ourselves? 

Baffling. 

4 hours ago, Saxondale said:

I was going to post a reply similar but didn't want to get accused of being a shittstirrer. I'd be very surprised if FF was here come the start of the season.

Have you heard that FF is leaving or has requested to leave? 

2 hours ago, Beauchief Owl said:

Oxford have had a bid of £350,000 accepted for Leeds target, Liam Lindsay, a 6'3" CB aged 21, who plays for Partick Thistle. Should we be looking at this lad who played 42 matches last year and scored 7 goals? A second club has matched the fee but have not been named.

If you had time to build, random gems are a great way to do it. 

I think we're trying to rush it

1 hour ago, 19owl08 said:

Have you heard that FF is leaving or has requested to leave? 

If Forestieri leaves, we will have succeeded in turning an exciting side, capable of playing scintillating football, into a side so dull, and lacking inspiration, we can barely watch it, in less than 12 months. You don't sell players like Forestieri, you build a side around them

16 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

If Forestieri leaves, we will have succeeded in turning an exciting side, capable of playing scintillating football, into a side so dull, and lacking inspiration, we can barely watch it, in less than 12 months. You don't sell players like Forestieri, you build a side around them

You don't sell players like FF if there 100% committed to the cause... I'm unconvinced that's the case 

Getting to the point where I'm not that fussed anymore. Too much baggage and how long before the toys come out of the pram?

Good player but he's no Carbone. We have a great chairman who has and will continue to back us in the transfer market. We aren't a slave to players in this league. 

8-10 million could help us reshape the squad with players that are hungry for success. I trust DC to make the right call either way. 

4 minutes ago, steelcityowlsfan said:

Getting to the point where I'm not that fussed anymore. Too much baggage and how long before the toys come out of the pram?

Good player but he's no Carbone. We have a great chairman who has and will continue to back us in the transfer market. We aren't a slave to players in this league. 

8-10 million could help us reshape the squad with players that are hungry for success. I trust DC to make the right call either way. 

Firmly believe that it is Forestieri's call, if he says he wants to leave then this time we won't stand in his way. But I don't think we will be actively looking to sell him.