Summer 2017 non-mega transfer thread

4 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Being an arogant tvvat hasn't done Ibra any harm. 

As for 7.2m......here are his goals since his brief spell in the Prem

Pl 45 scored 14 

Pl 42 scored 12 

Pl 18 scored 11

And he is 25 and English.

7.2m might well be mental, but it wouldn't buy him.

I'm not a massive fan of Ibra either. 

They're reasonable goal-scoring statistics. Nothing special. Im basing my opinion of him on the times ive seen him play - dont rate him one bit. 

Obviously though my opinion means nothing. I'd be concerned about Hudds coming after Forestieri though if theyre after Ince..

1 hour ago, cowl said:

The price tag is a problem for a lot of our fans, but even if we'd have got him on a free I'd have been less than impressed last season. He gets a lot of the ball but his usage is far too frequently poor. His confidence did seem to take a hit, but I'm not so sure this would explain it.

He does have a good engine, and he is versatile - I also like how no matter how bad his game has been he'll always make himself available; he never tries to 'hide'. I'm not sure about this 'potential to improve further' though; he's 24 now, and I'd say this is going to have to be a big season for him. If we really are to go 3-5-2 next season then maybe this could suit him, but he'll necessarily have to become a key-player in that set-up if we're to make it work. Even in a 4-4-2, it's clear that Reach is the type of wide-midfielder CC prefers, rather than the more conventional winger type, so either way I imagine he'll be CC's first choice

I think that's all pretty reasonable He's not particularly an inspiring signing and yes, I do think Boro saw us coming Quite honestly, for that sort of money we could have got a better winger, or indeed, a better full back He is young enough to improve, so let's hope he does so

On 5/19/2017 at 00:30, 19owl08 said:

Others at Villa that will apparently be allowed to leave are:

Jordan Veretout

Jordan Amavi

Tommy Elphick

Aaron Tshibola

Also available from so called local rivals are:

Josh Scowen

Marley Watkins

Charlie Taylor - read Pulis won't sign him unless Leeds agree the fee as he won't risk a tribunal

Elphick would be nice... 

5 hours ago, MOwl said:

Far, far, far from a 'top drawer' Champ player. Hes one footed, selfish, cant dictate a game and to top it off hes massively arrogant  

£7.2m is mental

He scored 7 times as many as Reach last season. What do you value Reach at?

45 minutes ago, MOwl said:

I'm not a massive fan of Ibra either. 

They're reasonable goal-scoring statistics. Nothing special. Im basing my opinion of him on the times ive seen him play - dont rate him one bit. 

Obviously though my opinion means nothing. I'd be concerned about Hudds coming after Forestieri though if theyre after Ince..

Nah, he is hated by the fans there. I know that fans are fickle but I just cant see it happening.

Plus he didnt even have a great season for us, Ince is a safer bet.

1 hour ago, prowl said:

It turned out reasonably well. Reach is a good player, good engine, versatile and plenty of potential to improve further. He cost a few bob but will grow into his price tag given time.

Some people can't get past the price tag, it doesn't bother me, I didn't buy him with my own money.

Spot on. Fans were saying the same about Brunt before he kicked on.

3 minutes ago, Saxondale said:

Without being accused of trying to be "ITK" by the miserable ballbags on here, been told we are trying to do a deal with West Ham to get Snodgrass here on a seasons loan. Time will tell.

Amazing business if we can pull it off. Not convinced we can though.

17 minutes ago, Saxondale said:

Without being accused of trying to be "ITK" by the miserable ballbags on here, been told we are trying to do a deal with West Ham to get Snodgrass here on a seasons loan. Time will tell.

Would be an awesome signing if true. 

8 minutes ago, vulva said:

We are looking at players to replace FF, and Snodgrass is one of them. 

I was going to post a reply similar but didn't want to get accused of being a shittstirrer. I'd be very surprised if FF was here come the start of the season.

Edited by Saxondale

45 minutes ago, Saxondale said:

Snodgrass was introduced to the lads a few weeks ago, down at the training ground.     UTO