Summer 2017 non-mega transfer thread

6 minutes ago, Andoverowl said:

This is when the reality of last season's failure starts to hit home.

Exactly this. We have had 2 amazing opportunities to get to the Premiership and have blown them. Next season that needs to change. People on here coming out with stuff like they would rather play in this league because some of the teams in the Premiership aren't exciting is just baffling to me. 

Edited by WalthamOwl

13 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Exactly this. We have had 2 amazing opportunities to get to the Premiership and have blown them. Next season that needs to change. People on here coming out with stuff like they would rather play in this league because some of the teams in the Premiership aren't exciting is just baffling to me. 

No ambition, might as well not bother turning up mate.

12 minutes ago, Andoverowl said:

Won't get a better chance than last season, and I hope I'm wrong but I can't see it.

And people said that the year before too.

So many average Championship teams turn into Barcelona during the off-season.  Some strong teams will be strong, some teams will surprise and fail/succeed against expectation, that's the nature of this league.  What will be will be, but the sooner we all forget about missing out last season (players included) the better.  If we perform and do our business properly, there's no reason we can't be challenging.  

1 minute ago, blueandwhitematt said:

So many average Championship teams turn into Barcelona during the off-season.  Some strong teams will be strong, some teams will surprise and fail/succeed against expectation, that's the nature of this league.  What will be will be, but the sooner we all forget about missing out last season (players included) the better.  If we perform and do our business properly, there's no reason we can't be challenging.  

Agreed. I don't see the autos being any harder this season and that's where we have to be aiming.

2 minutes ago, blueandwhitematt said:

Let's hope so mate.

Just now, Andoverowl said:

Let's hope so mate.

Don't get me wrong, we have to recruit properly.  And it needs doing early if we're serious about top 2 (even if that means paying a premium).

In previous years, if we had just lost out in the play-offs I'd have agreed that we had probably missed our chance.  With our resources these days though, you have to hope we can sustain challenges (at least for a few years).

12 minutes ago, NorthernOwl said:

It will be interesting to see if he can cut it in the premiership. I'm personally not convinced.....

I think when they sign other players of the same or better quality that will help him at the new level. So strange how he ended up at city at 27 years old after playing scottish football etc.

17 minutes ago, parkerowl said:

They are actually, because they've had no punishment whatsoever.

That's not true though is it? They were punished just refused to accept it and the league are still wondering what to do is how I understand it

1 minute ago, Plonk said:

That's not true though is it? They were punished just refused to accept it and the league are still wondering what to do is how I understand it

Possibly, yes, but as it stands they've had no action against them at all.

1 hour ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

I can't help but think we need a lot more than that to get promoted 

weve got the fire power, if used correctly. its the supply and defence we need to sure up. just my opinion.