Summer 2017 non-mega transfer thread

Is DC's recruitment policy of signing experienced pro's who've had a taste of the big time making CC's job easier...

And is it a more difficult task to mould younger players into believing they are world beaters like Wagner and Jokanovic are doing at HTFC and FFC. 

Are we resurrecting careers or creating careers

23 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

weve got the fire power, if used correctly. its the supply and defence we need to sure up. just my opinion. 

the fire power is definitely there, do you think Jackson Irvine + a winger is going to do that? I suppose it depends who the winger is but that isn't Irvine's game is it?

2 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

the fire power is definitely there, do you think Jackson Irvine + a winger is going to do that? I suppose it depends who the winger is but that isn't Irvine's game is it?

Put Dunk and Knockaert into our 442 team last season and I feel we would have been closer to the top two.

Its asking a lot, but if we can get two top class players of a similar standard this summer then we aren't far off.  We haven't been for the past two seasons anyway 

1 hour ago, WalthamOwl said:

Hudds set to sign Mooy for 10 million. Would have loved him here but guess we can't compete with the lure of the Premiership, bloody Huddersfield. 

Still a slight risk for Huddersfield, paying ten million quid of their Sky wad plus the relevant high wages for a player who's not technically improving their promotion team given that he was part of it before, and has never played in the Prem but looked decent in the Championship. They know what they're getting though, and they can afford to take the chance now.

Good business for Man City - got a player last year for a small fee from their "sister club" in Australia who'll never become a first team regular for them, loaned him out to a lower league for a year and then sold him for £10m.

14 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

Put Dunk and Knockaert into our 442 team last season and I feel we would have been closer to the top two.

Add the other 9 players out of Brighton's first team and we'd have been promotedWTF:

5 minutes ago, Morepork said:

Add the other 9 players out of Brighton's first team and we'd have been promotedWTF:

Well Im happy enough with Westwood, Lees, Hutchinson, Bannan, Lee, Abdi, Forestieri, Rhodes, Fletcher, Hooper. And Hunt and Pudil have some good days 

41 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

Its asking a lot, but if we can get two top class players of a similar standard this summer then we aren't far off.  We haven't been for the past two seasons anyway 

Put Dunk and Knockaert into our team last season and no one would have seen us for dust.

1 hour ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

irvine, is to add drive to the midfield and along with a bit of defensive work.