Summer 2017 non-mega transfer thread

Terry used to have a clause in his contract that his wages would increase to more than whoever was the highest paid player at the club. Must have been on stupid money. Even on his latest one year deal I'd guess he was on £100k a week.

Plus he's a weapons grade bellend.

Pass.

1 hour ago, Milan Missing Marble said:

Southampton are interested in Jaap Stam, apparently he's on their managerial shortlist.

Chelsea youngsters Tammy Abraham and Mason Mount could be heading to Dutch club Vitesse Arnhem.

An unnamed Championship club have had a £500,000 bid for Bury striker James Vaughan rejected.

Mason Mount played for Chelsea in that FA Youth Cup game where they knocked out our U18s. Incredible talent.

Tammy Abraham's loan move to Newcastle is supposed to be all done and dusted though, I'd be gobsmacked if he's not playing in the Premier League next season.

5 minutes ago, 442 said:

I'd pay Terry that. Sign Terry and make him captain you get promoted, I honestly reckon it's as simple as that. Absolutely fantastic defender and leader. 

You'd sign that utter ***********, who's well past it and an arrogant git to boot, pay him double the wages of anyone else at the club and expect him to single-handedly deliver promotion? Bloody hell I'm glad you're not in charge of recruitment.

7 minutes ago, 442 said:

I'd pay Terry that. Sign Terry and make him captain you get promoted, I honestly reckon it's as simple as that. Absolutely fantastic defender and leader. 

Hmmm how to split a dressing room and team morale. Having the best back four in the world, will not guarantee you anything in this league!

2 minutes ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

You'd sign that utter ***********, who's well past it and an arrogant git to boot, pay him double the wages of anyone else at the club and expect him to single-handedly deliver promotion? Bloody hell I'm glad you're not in charge of recruitment.

Try triple the wages and a handsome signing on fee. 

Any championship club are mad to think they can compete, even money bags Villa. 

1 hour ago, OughtibridgeOwl said:

John terry offered a "good" deal by Birmingham. 

Shirley we can offer similar if not better. I would certainly take him for the season or two. 

Not read the thread read so unsure if this has been covered 

Terry is the last person I would like anywhere near our club. Over paid, too big an ego, disruptive.

I admit he's been a good player in his time but not what we need. Get someone younger who has a future with us rather than a past with some other club

1 minute ago, steelcityowlsfan said:

Think brum are playing a very dangerous game here. 

They were strapped for cash when Rowett was in charge, now want Terry at £100,000 a week?

Thats a sure fire way to an embargo and or admin unless they go up which seems unlikely. 

They've got new owners. Who removed Rowett in the first place. They've not really had the opportunity to spend until this sunmer. There's no way Arry would be around if there wasn't going to be any money available. 

11 minutes ago, steelcityowlsfan said:

Think brum are playing a very dangerous game here. 

They were strapped for cash when Rowett was in charge, now want Terry at £100,000 a week?

Thats a sure fire way to an embargo and or admin unless they go up which seems unlikely. 

It's not surprising though - I remember a local journo from the West Midlands put the nail on the head with his response to Rowett's sacking, he described the new Chinese owners as "autograph hunters", seeking big name players and managers regardless of how they'll actually improve the team.

Edited by Groundhopping Owl

1 hour ago, pazowl55 said:

Did you think Terry was going to settle for a mere 20 grand a week. be surprised if it ain't more.

I wasn't sure what to expect to be honest. Surprised Birmingham can offer upwards of 100k a week. 

2 hours ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

Mason Mount played for Chelsea in that FA Youth Cup game where they knocked out our U18s. Incredible talent.

Tammy Abraham's loan move to Newcastle is supposed to be all done and dusted though, I'd be gobsmacked if he's not playing in the Premier League next season.

The likes of Chelsea and Man City and a few others have got some unreal young talent. We'd be smart to try and get one or two in on loan. Some of their youngsters are too good for this level but not quite ready for the top flight. I would like us to loan in a top young talent but like others said, it seems unlikely as we're mostly looking at readymade proven more experienced players. However, I think we'd be better off with bringing in a mix of experience and youth.

4 minutes ago, RichieB said:

Huddersfield have had a £7.2m bid rejected by Derby for Tom Ince and are expected to go back in for him. 

Originally it was a loan bid, and more recently £7.2mill like you said. Seems a few on here and a Derby fan on here were about right with his valuation and how much Derby might want for him, somewhere around £8mill-£10mill was mentioned.

9 minutes ago, Milan Missing Marble said:

The likes of Chelsea and Man City and a few others have got some unreal young talent. We'd be smart to try and get one or two in on loan. Some of their youngsters are too good for this level but not quite ready for the top flight. I would like us to loan in a top young talent but like others said, it seems unlikely as we're mostly looking at readymade proven more experienced players. However, I think we'd be better off with bringing in a mix of experience and youth.

Most of which potential will be wasted as they stagnate as millionaires before they have even kicked a ball in the professional game.

2 minutes ago, lukestheman82 said:

Most of which potential will be wasted as they stagnate as millionaires before they have even kicked a ball in the professional game.

Yeah it's sad to see all that talent go to waste. But not many, if any make it. But a fair few are good enough already for the Championship and League 1. It was good to see, quite a few given a chance on loan at this level last season, several of them were among the stand out players at this level last season. Those clubs are like mega rich corporations, with endless conveyor belts of staff coming and going. The likes of Chelsea had a ridiculous amount of players out on loan, and yet their youth team was still outstanding.

Considering the likes of Jota, Ince and Snodgrass are out of our reach and will probably all be in the top flight next season, who could we realistically get like that to improve us? The one I would like is Tom Lawrence from Leicester, who impressed at Ipswich last season. Would he be realistic on loan or to buy or would be be out of our reach too? It seems we're going to have to be smart and try and pick up a mixture of proven experience along with one or two less proven young loanees or foreign bargains?