CHANSIRI STATEMENT

Our time is NOW!

I've never felt so positive about our club.

Love the chairman, love the manager, love the fans (apart from a few on here and the beer trumpers...)

I just hope some of the thousands get to Hillsborough next season and make it even more special

We got £4m from the play offs?

I thought gate receipts were split between us and Hull? And of course some of it will have gone to the FA/FL etc

I've no idea about the actual numbers but we get a quarter of the total gate receipts from the 4 semi final games too (after deductions FL/Police/Stewards etc.). Also, in the past the winning team have given all the gate receipts to the losing team. I've not heard if Hull are doing this.

What a contrast.

Dave Allen made a statement that left me spitting blood & wanting to punch him.

Mr Chansiri makes a statement & I have a tear in my eye.

"We're on our way, we're on our way, we might be delayed but we're on our way".

Doesn't feel like it right now.

But I think we're in for an even better season next year.

Last season we finished 13th.

This season we finished 6th and made the play-off final.

If we were to improve by the same again we would be Champions.

With Newcastle coming down that's probably an unrealistic expectation.

But top 2 will definitely be the target, and even finishing again in the play-offs, the experience this season mixed with the extra quality would give us a far greater chance of success.

At least with Villa and Newcastle coming down, Barnsley coming up, and Rotherham staying up, there are some better fixtures to look forward to next season as well, both in terms of better support coming to Hillsborough, and better away grounds to visit.

Will competing at the top of the Championship with Newcastle, Norwich, Derby, Villa etc really be that much worse than scrapping about at the bottom of the Premier League with the likes of Hull, Burnley, Bournemouth, Watford? I honestly don't think so.

We got £4m from the play offs?

I thought gate receipts were split between us and Hull? And of course some of it will have gone to the FA/FL etc

After all expenses including hire of the stadium and staff have been met, then the gate receipts are divided as follows.

50% to the Football League.

25% to each of the two finalists.

Television and advertising rights are not taken into account.

I would guess that Wednesday would receive considerably less than £4m from the Final, but would receive payments from the two Semis.

Great statement from a great chairman.

My favourite bit;

Those scenes on Saturday will stay with me for a very long time and only increase my desire and total commitment to take us back to where the football world saw this club belongs – the Premier League.

He has basically said f##k all and people are wetting themselves very odd

The difference is that it's not an Allen or MaCabe who's saying it.

It's a guy who is willing to back his words.

Edited by Big Malc

He has basically said f##k all and people are wetting themselves very odd

I think he said quite a lot for someone from the far east given my business dealings with them. It's usually an unwillingness to commit or guarantee anything to save losing face. Whilst he didn't say how much or how/who for next season, I think you can read between the lines and say he felt Saturday and he is going to do something about it. He's also a shrewd businessman who knew he had to do some stakeholder management today with his source of revenue - us the fans.