Carvalhal - YES or NO

If Biggs is correct, then I'll put my vote down as a big NO.

more of a worry is that DC was coming across as a man of action and decisiveness. If he really wants to see how fans react before making an appointment, well he's soon lost those qualities when it comes to one of the biggest jobs he has to do.

Guest Distraught!

It's fantastically inspirational or a disaster waiting to happen (my money's on the latter).

There's no middle ground with this one IMO.

Oh. He was originally brought to Besiktas as an assistant and stepped in as interim manager after the previous guy had to leave, http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/carvalhal-has-no-regrets-about-leaving-besiktas-job.aspx?pageID=238&nID=17583&NewsCatID=362

Seemingly fell out with their star player too.

He's popular there, but perhaps he's got cult status like Sean Macauley did here for a while lol

Wouldn't be my obvious choice, mainly because I know nothing about him. I would have gone for big Sam, jokanovic or warburton personally. But, I'm not going to ridicule this guy and tweet him abuse (a) because that's pathetic and (b) we should give him a chance before judging him.

I'll go with that !

The most worrying thing for me is if Biggs is correct and Chansiri is listening to the fans.

If it was up to Owlstalk we would currently be managed by Colin and be preparing for a League 2 campaign.

If it's the owners Wish, then a definite Yes from me. I'll back the new guy as much as possible, but then I'm just an ex-pat Who only gets to one game a season when I'm lucky. I did read all the Posts on here after a home game though. The Standard of football sounded dire. I did get to the Huddersfield game in April and after getting over the thrill of being back at Hillsborough,left quite disappointed. It seems to me that CC would promote a more continental flowing style to the football, so we 'd be more entertained and wouldn't be complaining about hoofball any more.

Edited by Germanowl

I'm as surprised by the apparent appointment as i was about SG leaving.

Just checked the guys record and it isn't inspiring, apart from being the first coach to get a third tier team into the UEFA cup.

Done a couple of other decent things too but the rest are not so good.

He is a friend of Jose Mourinho's though, maybe he can get some Chelsea favours?

**** see my 'revelations' in the STARTING SQUAD FOR NEXT SEASON thread (page 4) 

Every time we are looking to appoint a new manager (head coach in this instance) do we have to put up with the fookwittery comments from folk who obviously open mouth before engaging brain

The appointment of Stuart Gray was met with derision by many who preferrered Warnock as manager, what can I say

If Carvalhol is appointed he will be in the same position as Gray, a decimated squad that's in the process of a massive rebuild

Either way, failure to succeed next season would have brought the chop down on Grays head, much like it will this new guy.

I'm more than happy to support this approach that DC is implementing and look forward to our player recruitment, so it's a yes from me

It's a great big NO from me....

But if he does get the job, he'll get my full support.

Although I disagree with the top line, that's fine it's your opinion.

But the bottom line I think we must all get on board with. And that includes if he doesn't get off to a flying start!

(Whoever is made manager)

Edited by paulmat