Carvalhal - YES or NO

It's a yes from me, this guy may not be a big name but he has got a poo poo load more to brag about on his CV than Stuart Gray did, I like Gray but was a little disappointed at his defensive set up which I thought shackled us many times

Not a lot to brag about.

The Portuguese has not been in charge of a club since 2012 when he left Istanbul BB after six months in charge, though he has continued to coach and wrote a book on coaching.

Carvalhal has been boss of 14 clubs in a 14 year spell, mainly employed in Portugal with a mixed record.

Guest Ellis Rimmer

Seriously mate what has this guy ever done? I'm not defending Gray, I wanted him replaced, but not with this joker

Well he's managed Sporting Lisbon and Besiktas who are bigger than us. He seems well respected in Portugal and he's meant to play attractive football. How can you say you are disgusted at this appointment, compared to Gray?

It's like any other managerial appointment it'll either work or not. Like one or two have said, how many people had heard of Wenger before he pitched up at Arsenal or Pochettino before he went to Southampton?

Why not try something different for a change from all the poo boring managerial appointments we've made for the last how many years. So it's a Yes from me.

Seriously mate what has this guy ever done? I'm not defending Gray, I wanted him replaced, but not with this joker

FC Vizela - 1st position when he left for bigger job

Leixoes -1st season: Portuguese Supercup Finalist (1st team of the 3rd Division to reach the final),  UEFA Cup qualification and qualified for next year’s SuperCup

Leixoes - 2nd season: Promotion to 2nd division, UEFA cup group stage as a 2nd division side!

Vitoria - Promotion to 1st league in 1st season

Braga - Reached UEFA cup group stages

Vitoria - Won league cup, got UEFA cup qualification

Sporting Lisbon - Europa League Qualification

Besiktas - Europa League Qualification

2x coach of the year awards, professional coach of the year award, as well as 3 other native coaching awards. 

before Porto i meant 

Mourinho could never have been described as 'crap'!

He had a win ratio of over 50% before he walked out on Benfica, then had União de Leiria (Who? Exactly!) challenging towards the top of the Portuguese league with a win ratio of 45%, which is why Porto came calling.

Guest Ellis Rimmer

I must be missing something, 14 clubs in 14 years. Not been in charge of a club since 2012, but he has wrote a book on coaching.

They are having a laugh.

Compare him to Gray mate

He managed Besiktas to 3rd place. That is like coming bottom of a 3 team league....the achievement of that is the sack.

He managed Lisbon for a few months and moved on.

I'm not comparing him to Gray but I will stick by my beliefs that due to the new found optimism we have (or had) this is the worst appointment I have ever seen

You are comparing him to Gray when you say this is the worst appoitment in 30 odd years, you're comparing him to all those managers

Well he's managed Sporting Lisbon and Besiktas who are bigger than us. He seems well respected in Portugal and he's meant to play attractive football. How can you say you are disgusted at this appointment, compared to Gray?

Because like has been said before,a large proportion of our fans seem to hate change and would rather see the gray philosophy of going out onto the pitch hanging onto a 0-0 rather than actually going out to try and win a game. All this stability and team harmony waffle is just ridiculous, we've got 13 players currently on our books not including the ones to be offered extensions, how can people say appointing a new manager will upset the apple cart? A new approach is needed and I'm absolutely all for this.

Some of these are obviously in the Portuguese lower leagues. That I will suggest is conference level

As for Europa League qualification with Lisbon and Besiktas is virtually a given.....interesting neither read Champions League qualification (probably why he got the bullet)

Unbelievable.  :laugh:

Is he going to be good - Nobody knows

Is he going to be bad - Nobody knows

Slating him before he has even got the job, let alone losing the first game, a bit simple don't you think.

Has Mr Chansiri taken a gamble on him (if he gets the job), hell yes.

Has Mr Chansiri taken a gamble on him (any manager), hell yes.

Some appointments work.

Some appointments work better than others.

Some appointments don't work at all.

Lets just give him (whoever it is) a nice warm welcome and see if it turns out for the best, because we have no influence on it whatsoever, apart from making the next manager so afraid he is scared to try anything that might just work.

I don't usually use this, but......

WAWAW

Supposedly.

Agree. Who knows. Certainly no one on here.

Let's see what playing staff are recruited

Guest totemowl

I suggest YOU check the facts. Jokanovic has won three titles to Carvalhal's 0 and would have had a forth if it hadn't been for us on the last day of the season.

Oh yes wow. Jokanovic won 3 titles in the Serbian and Thai leagues with SERIAL winners of said titles. Sacked and failed twice b4 Watford appointment so obvious choice to get them promoted.

Whereas Carvalho has more experience, promotions etc so in no way comes up to the Jovanovic standard pre-Watcord.

Ok perhaps you checked the facts. Can you understand them now?