Carvalhal - YES or NO

Guest Ellis Rimmer

I'll educate you in European football.

In Turkey and Portugal you have three major team and two champions league spots.

In both jobs he has not made the top two and that is good bye and your out.

Europa League qualification isn't hard managing those clubs in those countries in fact its absolutely no achievement what so ever

So only a man good enough to overthrow Porto and Benfica, Fenerbace and Galatasary is good enough for us lol

The King is dead as have been many before him. Looking forward to Mr Carvalhals arrival and coronation.

My view on managers is, provided they have a modicum of tactical nouse, they are as good as the squads and resources that they inherit.

Our squad currently thin does however contain a couple of Portugese seniors and given this is where some of the VFM signings are coming from this may prove to be a very shrewd move indeed.

We have a plan brought in by DC, that while not unique, represents a new method. Rest assured if the plan fails it will be changed but it has to be given a chance.

So without flouncing get behind Mr Carvalhal and wish him well.

Embrace the change; A big Yes from me lol 

Really terrible CV. Really?

Has managed and/or qualified 5 teams in UEFA Cup or Europa League including Sporting Lisbon and Besiktas. The other three teams he got in to Euro competition he got to completely play above their standard and worked miracles with them.

FIFA website called him a miracle man for his feats with one Portuguese team.

Besiktas and Sporting fans have nowt but good things to say about him.

Recently been paid poo poo loads to coach in Middle East.

So yeah. Worse CV of any manager we have had in last 15 years.

NOT!

FFS. What were we expecting to get? Mourinho?

Guest Ellis Rimmer

If he was that good he at the very least get a champions league spot.

It's a bit like say Van Gaal has achieved wonders at Man U. He's finished at the bare minimum he should have done

Who did you expect would be the new manager? Seems like you have over-expectations to me. Remember we are a mid table 2nd tier side, at the highest level we've been for many years now.

Sorry, Gray not written a book about coaching. Have you seriously looked at his track record. Got to be better people out there.

Gray not a patch on Carvahal on a judging criteria of success, big clubs managed and books written mate

Instinctively a NO disappointed that post Gray sacking we have not appointed a  successor yet (should've been a done deal already), why the delay are we fumbling/panicking like a rushing fool trying to lure somebody here.

Then again if Carvalhal gets the job it is certainly a left field 'Spin the Wheel of Fortune' type of punt that Chansiri is taking on the strength of his advisors.

Whatever 'appens the new head Head Coach will be welcomed even though we maybe frustrated at his perceived insignificance, we are simply not in the running for the likes of Big Sam or characters of his magnitude yet.

Sit back and enjoy the ride, it is exciting to be on the crest of a wave and full of optimism, let the good times roll.

UTO

Guest Ellis Rimmer

2014/15

Sporting Lisbon finished 3rd 16 points clear of 4th in a 34 game season - Europa League

Besiktas finished 3rd 10 points clear of 4th in a 34 game season - Europa League

Hardly setting the world on fire. Add to that a few promotions from the Portuguese conference and here we have the best head coach we could hire

What a joke

Have you not considered he must be pretty highly rated to get those jobs in the first place?

Guest Ellis Rimmer

And lost both within a year

You never answer a point. Just cancel your season ticket and go to the lane lol

I'm not strongly yes or no to be honest. If it is this guy I'd just say that initially I'm disappointed as I thought SG was doing a great job and was disappointed to see him go but felt it would be worth it if the new manager was someone really ambitious and exciting. This appointment does not supply that at all.

However, we just don't know. He could turn out to be a masterstroke of a decision by the committee and see us attracting top players via his links in European football. This could see us as a real challengers.

On the flip side he could be a disaster like that darko what's his face at Leeds last season.

Time will tell IF he's appointed.

And lost both within a year

Since Carvahal was at Lisbon in 2010 they have had 11 different managers 8 of which were permanent. Since he was at Besiktas in 2012 they have had 4 managers in 3 seasons. It's a short term post nowadays in these clubs. 

Guest Ellis Rimmer

If he's appointed I'm calling it a day.

I'll be burning my old shirts, ripping up all my memorabilia and never setting foot at Hillsborough again.

I'm gonna douse my Ian Nolan corinthian in petrol and set it on fire if we appoint somebody i've never heard of!

If he's appointed I'm calling it a day.

I'll be burning my old shirts, ripping up all my memorabilia and never setting foot at Hillsborough again.

Ramone has quit Wednesday and is starting up a new club. They won't be playing football, they'll just be sitting in a dark room holding hands and hoping nothing happens. Reckon you could spice that up a bit.