Carvalhal - YES or NO

The difference here is that Jokanovic had an excellent CV before he went to Watford.

If Carvahal had a similar track record, Owlstalk would be in a different kind of meltdown.

Did he? I see a sacking at Sofia after 5 months and then his contract not renewed with Hercules. Are we seriously saying 'winning' the Thai championship is better than been appointed Sporting & Besiktas coach?

I think if someone was to suggest a European coach as a wind up and had a list in front of them he'd be one of the first picks.

His record is to say the least is very poor, I don't think he's spent more than 18 months at any one club that he's managed.

49 years old and has managed 14 clubs in around 15 years, to his credit he won the Portuguese League Cup and........feck all else.

I was disappointed when SG was sacked but I thought if we get a big name, a successful coach,  someone who's been there and done it, someone who know what it takes to get out of The Championship and more importantly knows how to stay in the Premier League and can attract quality players, SG's sacrifice would be to the benefit of the club.

Carlos Carvalhal IMHO is not that man, to say I'm underwhelmed is a Massive understatement !!!

Leeds spent a fair whack on foreign players too and a season later they are seemingly going back to the buy from England approach again.

I know what you mean yunga as it is his approach, I'm just annoyed that someone has convinced him that this is the only way to go. It isn't and it's the riskier.

Whilst it is very different for swfc, one thing remains the same. It's the cheaper option on the transfer front, getting better value abroad and hoping it works out.

Edited by Bluesteel

If he is appointed I don't think there will be many turning up for the first few home games.

I think attendences will be the same as usual,

But.........

If we lose our or fail to get off to a decent start the attendances will drop rapidly and lots of abuse aimed at Carvalhal

Big big gamble by DC

We have chosen a manager who has progressed from lower leagues and continued onto bigger clubs each and every time and had mild success at all of them.

The Besitkas fans loved him. He is obviously highly rated to have managed the club's he has.

Looking at his cv in the other thread he has moved a lot but he has been reasonably successful in some places.

Technically he's probably a step up on previous managers in terms of him being used to working with skillful players. But these things take time to bed in and the championship isn't always about flair it's a bit barbaric in style compared to places Portugal and very unforgiving. it could be a huge culture shock.

Would many fans look at this and think - yes we now have a great chance of promotion?