Carvalhal - YES or NO

No No No

And Glen Rodent can f o o o o k right of as well.

What a dumb thing to say. It amazes me that people can come to such a strong opinion of someone's involvement when they actually now bugger all.

Do you know anything about what Glen Roeder does? Do you know if he has any involvement in this?

Absolutely no point in sacking gray to fetch someone like this in, people saying let's find are own jokanovic, do you realise jokanovic was very successful before he went to Watford? This bloke has done absolutely nothing, why sack a manager who's done a good job in the championship for 2 years to replace him with a nobody? Imagine the reaction on here if leeds had done this, JV would be getting all sorts of stick. Would be a serious mistake to appoint someone like carvahal imo

It could be a master stroke or it could be a disaster.

I don't know enough about him to make a prediction either way. All I know is that plenty of managers come into English clubs now without much of a CV and flourish (Jokanovic, Warburton etc)

Would i want someone who I'd be more convinced about getting us up ie: Big Sam? Of course. 

But I'm not going to tweet the guy abuse and burn my season ticket if we appoint him, christ. Let's see what he can do. He could surprise us all.

The only thing we do know about him is that he's an attacking minded coach with poo poo loads of contacts. I like that.

Spot on.

As I said above, this wouldn't be my vision for our club, but then I'm not in charge, am I? If we appoint Carvalhal, then we have to give him a chance and get behind the team.

It would be a risky appointment, but sometimes such risks have a big pay out.

Guest wilyfox

Hard to say because I know so little about Carvalhal - but that in itself gives me a gut feeling inclined to say NO.

From me it would be a NO but lets be realistic our opinions do not count. We are not privy to what is said in the halls of Hillsborough. If he is employed as head coach then he will get my support. I would prefer some one with the word big at the front of his three letter name and his last name to begin with A.

Just like Big Ron Atkinson.

UTO

P.S Even though i dont like Big Sam A lol

He's trusted his gut that Gray isn't the man to handle a thrust for the play offs or beyond.  I think that's the right call.  Gray did do on the whole  a good job and with limited resources.  But there were periods of real drift in both his seasons (from Watford onward in 13-14); and in October and November and then from the Bolton game onward where he really didn't seem to know how to intervene.  The impression is he doesn't seem to know how to shape an attack.  Were there any doubt in Chansiri's mind, the Leeds game is likely to have removed it.

As to this, it's a gamble: as would any of the plausible candidates have been.  An old friend who has lived in Istanbul for years and vaguely follows Besiktas confirms that the guy was well thought of.  You get the sense that our owner has the capacity to bear the frictional costs of changing a manager if it doesn't work out.  On the whole, not displeased.  Some of the negative reaction is bizarre

It could be a master stroke or it could be a disaster.

I don't know enough about him to make a prediction either way. All I know is that plenty of managers come into English clubs now without much of a CV and flourish (Jokanovic, Warburton etc)

Would i want someone who I'd be more convinced about getting us up ie: Big Sam? Of course.

But I'm not going to tweet the guy abuse and burn my season ticket if we appoint him, christ. Let's see what he can do. He could surprise us all.

The only thing we do know about him is that he's an attacking minded coach with poo poo loads of contacts. I like that.

Some have done well, but even more have come in and failed despite having a decent track record.

This is such an unforgiving league based as much upon the attitude and determination with skill being the determining factor. maybe CC would come in and get us really motivated and fair play to him, but generally speaking it's a league that foreign coaches find a bit of a culture shock and we're talking about wanting promotion from it.

Even jokanovic took over a side that had been doing reasonably well for a few years with some real quality, we still need to get to that stage and I think we need a safe pair of hands

Edited by Bluesteel

Some have done well, but even more have come in and failed despite having a decent track record.

This is such an unforgiving league based as much upon the attitude and determination with skill being the determining factor. maybe CC would come in and get us really motivated and fair play to him, but generally speaking it's a league that foreign coaches find a bit of a culture shock and we're talking about wanting promotion from it.

Even jokanovic took over a side that had been doing reasonably well for a few years with some real quality, we still need to get to that stage and I think we need a safe pair of hands

In reality this is all ifs, buts and what could happens.

None of us know anything concrete about this guy that says how things are going to go next season.

It could be a master stroke and he takes us up at the first time of asking.

He could flounder and be sacked by Christmas.

We'll see. So far DC has given me no reason not to trust him so I'll support whatever appointment. 

All this flouncing about appointing CC is ridiculous. Let's see what signings we make and what football we play under him. 

Guest totemowl

Absolutely no point in sacking gray to fetch someone like this in, people saying let's find are own jokanovic, do you realise jokanovic was very successful before he went to Watford? This bloke has done absolutely nothing, why sack a manager who's done a good job in the championship for 2 years to replace him with a nobody? Imagine the reaction on here if leeds had done this, JV would be getting all sorts of stick. Would be a serious mistake to appoint someone like carvahal imo

carvalho's achieved more than jokanovic and has more experience and seemingly more to offer.

Suggest you check the facts.

Edited by totemowl

Biggs suggesting that the reason they might be leaving it until Monday to announce is to gauge public opinion over the weekend. If this is the case does anyone truly think this guy is the right man for the job?

My answer is a big fat NO.

Its a big fat NO from me. 

This bloke has had more clubs than Nick Faldo , and never sticks around long before getting his P45 . Defiantly not the man to take us forward. 

Its a definite No. We need stability, experience and someone who has done it before at this level. This guy has never shown any loyalty or lasted more than 12 months in his previous appointments. The Championship is a dog eat dog league in my opinion and Watford got lucky, this appointment would be rolling the dice and hoping it works out. Whoever is giving Chansiri advice is setting themselves up for one mighty fall.

My other point is this guy will not put bums on seats or sell grossly over priced corporate boxes.

Edited by Soul Power

carvalho's achieved more than jokan ovic and has more experience and seemingly more to offer.

Suggest you check the facts.

I suggest YOU check the facts. Jokanovic has won three titles to Carvalhal's 0 and would have had a forth if it hadn't been for us on the last day of the season. Edited by Rolfsson

Did he? I see a sacking at Sofia after 5 months and then his contract not renewed with Hercules. Are we seriously saying 'winning' the Thai championship is better than been appointed Sporting & Besiktas coach?

He won the double at Partizan in his first season as a manager and then became the first manager in their history to do the same again the following season. Great start to any managerial career.

He then managed for one season in the Thai league where he won the league championship at a canter and unbeaten. To belittle that achievement is not justified.

The Sofia situation was down to club politics and the fans didn't want him sacked, similar to our current situation with SG.

As for the Hercules stint, you can't blame him for the team already being rooted at the foot of the table when he took over.

He then succeeded at Watford where other 'big names' failed.

Yes i'd say his CV and success as a manager is considerably better than Carvalhals!

We need stability???ffs that's all we've had the past few years. Stability gets you nowhere. Live a little ffs

Charlton, huddersfield for example are fairly stabilized clubs, but will probably remain mid table for the next decade.

You assume stable means average clubs with an average budget.

Arsenal are also stable

Edited by Bluesteel

All appointments are a gamble, just look at Lambert, Holloway and Nigel Adkins, done a great job at some clubs whilst being a disaster at others.

Its a YES from me whilst hoping for some luck and decent backing in transfer market.