Carvalhal - YES or NO

^^As JOC above.

I don't have a clue about him but presume the blokes in charge do, so why not!

So that means if they appointed, say, Hockaday or Carver, you'd say 'the blokes in charge must know what they are doing, so why not'??

Don't have so much faith in people who obviously haven't a flippingclue about what they are doing!

Guest davylowe

Why not,

We move forward in an unknown direction

Can it be that bad?

Let's give whoever it is a fair chance.

When SG was sacked, I thought, okay the club want a bigger name to bring players to the club then carvalhal happened and now I'm thinking, why not just have stayed with SG?? Maybe SG isn't a yes man, cos this carvalhal feels like a yes man kiss up. It's a no from me.

Guest davylowe

Why not,

We move forward in an unknown direction

Can it be that bad?

Let's give whoever it is a fair chance.

On the fence....

I admit I had not heard of him! To be fair I think he deserves a bit more credit than he's getting.

If we say no to this, I can bet you people will be less happy with what follows.....

So that means if they appointed, say, Hockaday or Carver, you'd say 'the blokes in charge must know what they are doing, so why not'??

Don't have so much faith in people who obviously haven't a flippingclue about what they are doing!

I have less faith in the many posters on Owlstalk who are getting their pants in a twist over some bloke they know nothing about than the people advising Chansari who may already have a good knowledge of Carvalhal from their extensive involvement in the world of football. 

I think it's quite obvious that the people in charge do have a plan for what they're doing. Chansari and his advisors are trying to set up a European model of a footballing committee with a coach who is used to working in similar setups. Similar models have had success at other clubs such as Watford, Southampton and Swansea, let along elsewhere in Europe.

The names people have banded about on here - other than being unrealistic are unlikely to have experience of or want to work in such a committee. Big Sam, Klopp, Klinsmann et al. are never going to come to Wednesday (in our current position) and aren't going to want to be anything but the main man.

I don't get the over-the-top reaction of most people on Owlstalk. It ain't like Carvalhal has dropped his CV off at reception and someone's seen it and though 'yeah he'll do'.

In all fairness...if he is appointed, only time will tell.

Someone must have done their homework on this chap though. Could be a great coach which would work well under the committee.

I still say that Roeder will be the reason we won't be appointing the likes of Allardyce, Lambert or other reasonably big names.

I thought that we would now be able to afford a manager with a track record of promotions, instead of gambling every 12 months.

This guy might be good, but his record suggests he's a bit of a gamble.

He's not going to cause a surge in season ticket sales.