Carvalhal - YES or NO

Until yesterday, I had never heard of him. Does this make him bad? Not necessarily, however his track record hardly inspires me. Does his track record mean he will be unsuccessful if appointed? It is hard to say I guess but looking at other managers out there I would hope we could do much much better.

I would be very disappointed if we had sacked SG to bring in a manager of this type, so it is a no from me.

Until yesterday, I had never heard of him. Does this make him bad? Not necessarily, however his track record hardly inspires me. Does his track record mean he will be unsuccessful if appointed? It is hard to say I guess but looking at other managers out there I would hope we could do much much better.

I would be very disappointed if we had sacked SG to bring in a manager of this type, so it is a no from me.

Let's not forget stuart gray's managerial record was nothing short of dire when he was appointed as our manager.

I don't 'presume' he'll have an agent. I think that is a certainty in this day and age.

Yes but see below...

Conned by an agent? Get real. Just because you've never heard of him doesn't mean our committee has never heard of him either.

Blinkered and ignorant is an understatement

He might be the next best thing for all I know but based on the info at hand I'm thinking No.

Chansiri wants instant success, in my view stability has a better chance of doing that and this committee experiment could take a long time to work out.

Obviously Gray isn't coming back but we need someone known in this country IMO to build on what we have.

Is he going to be good - Nobody knows

Is he going to be bad - Nobody knows

Slating him before he has even got the job, let alone losing the first game, a bit simple don't you think.

Has Mr Chansiri taken a gamble on him (if he gets the job), hell yes.

Has Mr Chansiri taken a gamble on him (any manager), hell yes.

Some appointments work.

Some appointments work better than others.

Some appointments don't work at all.

Lets just give him (whoever it is) a nice warm welcome and see if it turns out for the best, because we have no influence on it whatsoever, apart from making the next manager so afraid he is scared to try anything that might just work.

I don't usually use this, but......

WAWAW

Supposedly.

YES YES YES YES

Let's find our own Jokanovic

How many of you had heard of Watford manager before ??He must be rubbish if he managed sporting Lisbon

The difference here is that Jokanovic had an excellent CV before he went to Watford.

If Carvahal had a similar track record, Owlstalk would be in a different kind of meltdown.

First thought - Who?

Second thought - Why?

Currently thinking it would be an underwhelming, uninspiring and deflating move.

If it happens there will need to be some spectacular transfer dealings to enthuse the fan base for the new season

Exactly this for me

It's random as owt, piggies are p1ssin em sens at us, but we have no idea what the plan is, we could up with some real quality players in front of us next season that we bring in from Portugal or Europe, at the end of the day this is modern football & a lot of clubs we'll be taking this route. Mangers are a thing of the past, it's about head coaches now, coach the team, show off your tactical knowledge & man management skills, you don't need to be involved in everything else like a manager is, because you can concentrate on the team, then when we have the committee meetings let em know what type of player we want.

If people want to go to the next level then you're gonna have to get use to summit different, ask Watford fans if they're complaining about the success they've had the last few seasons

We've got no idea how this season is gonna go & that's what makes it so exciting

It's not mandatory that we need to change the way we operate to bring success. Committees have been controversial and fractious at other clubs too particularly Newcastle and WBA.

Like Gray I prefer the Bournemouth approach to the Watford one.

If we are going for this approach then it might be a big ask for instant results to go with it.

Edited by Bluesteel