Defence looks weaker than last season

4 minutes ago, RighthOwlon said:

If they can’t find themselves, how can we expect them to find opposing players?! :ghoulguy:

You need to understand DM's training methods.

First grasshopper, you have to experience pain. Only when you can control the pain with your mind will you be able to control your destiny.

Then you are ready to try and snatch the pebble from my hand.

Keep practicing in training.

Edited by theowlsman
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

No offence, but I'm pretty sure Ihiekwe played almost all of last season on the left of a three for Rotherham?

I only saw him play the two games against us, but both times he was RCB and Wes Harding was LCB.

I'm sure he'll be more comfortable playing on his preferred foot.

32 minutes ago, sage owl said:

Wrong on nearly every comment but you enjoy thriving on negatively. 

What you really need to do is focus on what makes you happy and why x.

I'm not wrong though!

Most people would want Dean and Storey!

What you need to focus on, is how rubbish that defending was and say its not acceptable.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

It is their first competitive game together and the system we play does leave gaps behind the wingbacks.

That said we need to do a lot better, poor defending today and the GK didn't cover himself in glory either. 

Moore likes balance and don't think it will be long before Famewo is in and Ihiekwe moves to the right.hans side,  replacing Iorfa 

• Like 1

Ihekwe should be a decent addition.

Henneghan looks capable.

Really not convinced about anyone else, including Stockdale.

From a defensive point of view, add Luongo leaving and we've definitely taken a significant step down in quality. 

Edited by davey_wells
  • Like 2

Guest Jack the Hat

We play out from the back but have now switched from ball playing  cb defenders to 3 who cannot play the ball out. Which is odd. So if they can’t do that and can’t defend crosses what are their strong point? That said I think hennigan could be ok and switch iorfa (dean would have been great) and we may be ok but today was a horror show.

45 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

We got rid of Hutch, our only ball playing centre half. These 2 new lads are basement lower league defenders who are rubbish on the ball.

Early signs look like a big own goal by Moore 

Can only agree with this. Thought Heneghen was ok first half but all of them awful in the 2nd.

Iorfa has been a liability since his injury and should have been moved on rather than Hutch

Ike looked lost on the left. Literally has no left foot at all and it hindered Johnson. Expect a lot more goals conceded down that side if he's kept there

Not a single comfortable ball playing defender in that backline today and no backups who can except Palmer who should have started

• Like 2

Defence "looked" weaker, but doesn't mean the defence was weaker.

A bit like deckchairs at the seaside.  A bit of wooden frame and a single sheet of cloth, looks weak, but can stand the weight of a 20 stone creature from Tinsley.

Look beyond the apparent weaknesses, the strength is in the design.  Wednesday's defence looks weak, but is strong by design.

It's actually a genius plan.