Defence looks weaker than last season

Let’s not forget, Moore has options to change that 3 around 

Few are acting like yesterdays lineup was the only option we’ve got, there’s some serious competition for places and likes of Iorfa now should be worried about losing that shirt 

He had Ihiekwe out on the left side to probably accommodate Iorfa,  we could see Famewo come in and Ihiekwe moved to the right ,  I know a few will disagree but imo we also have Ryan Galvin who can play on the left side of a three and I think the lad will challenge for a place 

Then there’s all the permutations of moving to a back four,  I think we could do that now better than last season as we’ve got Reece James who would be comfortable at left back , a position I don’t think we’ve ever really squared away since Daniel Pudil left 

Same problems as last season different names on team sheet begs the question what have they been doing in training pre season games etc since end of last season !!

As bad as Iorfa was the main problem was the tactics and roles given to them. It's why last year's defence also struggled at times. Moore like many managers these days has no defensive plan b when the opposition changes their approach. 

I mean hitting it behind the wing back is the oldest trick in the book. Concerning that this clearly hasn't been addressed.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, pussface said:

As bad as Iorfa was the main problem was the tactics and roles given to them. It's why last year's defence also struggled at times. Moore like many managers these days has no defensive plan b when the opposition changes their approach. 

I mean hitting it behind the wing back is the oldest trick in the book. Concerning that this clearly hasn't been addressed.

This is my main problem with Moore, his ability to think on his feet and adjust to changing situations.

Other managers seem to immediately recognise a problem and react accordingly. Moore reacts way too slowly or not at all.

• Like 2