Defence looks weaker than last season

2 minutes ago, BOOFABI said:

All three goals from headers, two of which were free. We need a CB and Iorfa desperately needs to work on man marking.

Iorfa needs to be gone imo, looked terrible pre season and just as bad today.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

I did think the defence would be a bit shaky at the start of the season but not as shaky as that! 

Iorfa can be better than that. If he doesn’t get better though soon he’ll be dropped. Id even be more confident in Paterson in the role at the moment!

Nothing new from Iorfa. 

Heneghan looks a low end L1 signing, I can see why his stats are high in heading and clearances because he never ever takes a touch or wants to control the ball. Just attacks everything and gets dragged around following strikers. 

None comfortable on the ball either, we’ve lost that from last season. 

• Like 5

Is famewo left footed? Didn't watch many Rotherham games last season so couldn't comment on Ihiekwe, but we always look unbalanced with a right footer cutting back inside. I worry that'll be more obvious with a back 3 that are less capable of getting it down and playing. I'd prioritise a left footed centre half over Dean personally 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

Said earlier in week.

Storey Dean and Hutch are better than Iorfa,  Henegan and Ihekwie.

BPF comes for those crosses!

Wrong on nearly every comment but you enjoy thriving on negatively. 

What you really need to do is focus on what makes you happy and why x.

• Haha 2

We lost a lot of points from winning positions last season due to soft goals conceded.

The warning signs were there for this season after last Saturdays friendly at Wigan.

Today 3 crosses from the same side and we concede 3 goals.

Darren Moore has had a very long time now to get to grips with this defence and sort it out and he’s failed to do so.

With the players we have, we are more than capable of winning this league but with the manager’s inability to sort our defence out, I think it could be playoffs again.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, TrickyTrev said:

We lost a lot of points from winning positions last season due to soft goals conceded.

The warning signs were there for this season after last Saturdays friendly at Wigan.

Today 3 crosses from the same side and we concede 3 goals.

Darren Moore has had a very long time now to get to grips with this defence and sort it out and he’s failed to do so.

With the players we have, we are more than capable of winning this league but with the manager’s inability to sort our defence out, I think it could be playoffs again.

At best with Moore in charge.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1