20 minutes ago, Lawrie Madden said:

Now that spelling of thing you've come up with is a thing to behold and i'm having trouble unseeing it now lol

Now that spelling of I’m you’ve come up with is a thing to behold, and I’m having trouble unseeing it.

• Haha 1

Seems we have learnt our lesson with older injury prone players or more likely Darren has took control of signings and can easily spot when players are too much of a risk to offer big contracts too being an ex player himself. Good to see. 

• Like 1

When fit he was a class above in this league let’s not kid ourselves here. I’m sure there will be plenty of Championship clubs who will look to bring him in, even as a squad player still lots to give for 25-30 games a season. He along with most of our midfield are good enough to get into a mid table Championship side.

I think he turns 30 this season, probably wants one more 2/3 year deal on a decent wage whilst he’s still good enough. Sad to see him go but given our position and his injury record not worth the risk, especially given the number of good options we now have in the middle.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mrbluesky said:

I think you need to think about what you post.

Thinking about it,thinking is a thing you maybe you shouldn’t think about thinking about, what do you think about my thinking? Do you think I’m over thinking things?

That makes perfect sense to me I'm dyslexia 

Shame to see Massimo leave. When fit he was a decent player at this level but spent a long time injured for us.  

I actually think Massimo may look back in a few years and regret not signing on for us again.  The Club is moving in the right direction and offering contracts on what they believe the players to be worth rather than being held to ransom / paying over the odds.  If that is down to DC then well done.

• Like 1

He was a good player for us on his day. Thought he looked tired towards the end of the season. Honestly disappointed that he’s gone but we have already bought in some one with better fitness and athleticism in his position.

How is it "strange" for us not to agree terms? 

So we just offer players whatever they want with little regard for their age, average output and the financial situation the club finds itself in? 

Nonsense. 

• Like 1

Had he stayed, I didn't hold much hopes of him being fit for too much of the season anyway.

Undoubtedly a class player,  but doesn't cut the mustard on two counts of what I think Wednesday should be pursuing.

1) Up and coming with potential

2) Able to play almost a full season and contribute significantly

In my eyes, we cannot and should not invest in any player who doesn''t fit one or both of those criteria, it's just not something we can afford to do now.

4 minutes ago, DaveClark said:

Had he stayed, I didn't hold much hopes of him being fit for too much of the season anyway.

Undoubtedly a class player,  but doesn't cut the mustard on two counts of what I think Wednesday should be pursuing.

1) Up and coming with potential

2) Able to play almost a full season and contribute significantly

In my eyes, we cannot and should not invest in any player who doesn''t fit one or both of those criteria, it's just not something we can afford to do now.

What’s the point in developing up and coming potential if you’re going to drop them when they are performing at a high standard and in their prime 

what I mean is why do you need an up and coming potential when luongo was class for us 

I understand concerns from injuries but you can only ask a player to regain fitness and return to form 

luongo did that, we’ve lost a player in my opinion who we are going to struggle to replace 

• Like 3

The upturn in out form coincided with him returning to the team? He was a big point in us getting to play offs and will be hard to replace with the amount of tackles and interseptions he made . However he probably wanted a lot more than we were willing to go to and his injury record with us wasn’t great . 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mick70 said:

The upturn in out form coincided with him returning to the team? He was a big point in us getting to play offs and will be hard to replace with the amount of tackles and interseptions he made . However he probably wanted a lot more than we were willing to go to and his injury record with us wasn’t great . 

This......

55 points in the 25 games he played in, 30 points in the 21 he didn't play in. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, fpowl said:

What’s the point in developing up and coming potential if you’re going to drop them when they are performing at a high standard and in their prime 

what I mean is why do you need an up and coming potential when luongo was class for us 

I understand concerns from injuries but you can only ask a player to regain fitness and return to form 

luongo did that, we’ve lost a player in my opinion who we are going to struggle to replace 

Possibly  but given that he's been a 23/24 games a season man since he joined us our contract offer would likely, and certainly  should, have reflected that. We'd need to recruit a capable understudy for the half a season that he's generally been absent...... and that's without even factoring in the potential world cup absence.

Good player but not one to break the bank for IMO.