1 hour ago, Night King said:

Typically deluded Wednesdayite post. Reading have achieved a lot more then us in the last quarter of a century. 

really? most tin pot club with mk dons they both would be finalists every year . hardly anyone in reading attends there games , when i last went lovely sunny day in august and there was less than 10000 of them in the ground ,didnt hear them all game.  if luongo wants to end his football career there then he clearly has no ambitions , at our club we have a massive fan base and at least are aiming for promotion , what will he have there? bottom 3 

1 hour ago, edinburghowl said:

I don’t get the fuss about Luongo to be honest. He has finished once in the top half of the championship in his entire career and even that was a 12th placed finish.

A decent player but a bottom of the championship or top of L1 level player and that’s it. He’s also in a position that it’s relatively easy to replace and he had injury problems throughout his whole time at the club. We’ve done the right thing in not paying over the odds to keep him. In L1 he wasn’t worth breaking the bank for.

If Reading is where he ends up it sums up his career as a bottom half of the championship player. Absolutely replaceable  

They’re all cr@p once they’ve joined another club aren’t they.

1 hour ago, Blatter said:

They’re all cr@p once they’ve joined another club aren’t they.

I didn’t say that. He’s not crap and he contributed in his time at the club but Luongo is not a match winner or an instrumental and irreplaceable player like Bannan for example.

We wouldn’t be able to replace someone like Bannan. Luongo however is replaceable, we offered him a contract and he turned it down. We move on.

To be honest given his age and injuries in his time at the club and his wages I’m surprised we offered him a new deal. Decent player but like I said replaceable and not worth breaking the bank for. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, edinburghowl said:

I didn’t say that. He’s not crap and he contributed in his time at the club but Luongo is not a match winner or an instrumental and irreplaceable player like Bannan for example.

We wouldn’t be able to replace someone like Bannan. Luongo however is replaceable, we offered him a contract and he turned it down. We move on.

To be honest given his age and injuries in his time at the club and his wages I’m surprised we offered him a new deal. Decent player but like I said replaceable and not worth breaking the bank for. 

I agree with you 

I wanted Luongo to stay because i think he's a decent player, when fit, but of the 3 in CM he's the one i mind losing least because of his injury record 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, edinburghowl said:

Agreed, good player but not a match winning creative one. Was offered a contract based on that and also, quite rightly, his fitness issues. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, edinburghowl said:

I don’t get the fuss about Luongo to be honest. He has finished once in the top half of the championship in his entire career and even that was a 12th placed finish. 

How does that compare to the current squad?

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

Out of Bannan, Byres or Luongo it would be Luongo I’d prefer to lose.

Decent player but only played I think it’s 45% of the games over his contract and isn’t reliable - that’s why he will be on trial with Reading. 

I think Byres will now take his role because he likes to get stuck in and is reliable. Vaulks will come in and I believe this will be a better midfield than last season and free Bannan up more. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

How does that compare to the current squad?

Bannan, Iorfa, Paterson, Stockdale, Gregory, Byers, Jack Hunt, Vaulks, Marvin Johnson have all had higher finishes or played at a higher level. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

Be a loss for us imo. Also I didn’t realise established players of his quality go on trial with teams. 

He was rubbish anyway. (just incase ne one else has said it.)lol

Guest mrbluesky
42 minutes ago, Kelfin Platz said:

Now that spelling of Byers you've come up with there is a think to behold and I'm having trouble unseeing it.

I think you need to think about what you post.

Thinking about it,thinking is a thing you maybe you shouldn’t think about thinking about, what do you think about my thinking? Do you think I’m over thinking things?