Derby takeover expected to collapse

So a 23 team league means that the team who has a bye week on the last day of the season could be at a disadvantage. I am now utterly convinced that the EFL are expecting Derby to fold and that is why we play them last game of the season even though we played them last game 2 seasons ago. Pure vendetta against us dressed up as a coincidence. And if they don't fold they will have had the maximum time possible to gell as a team and will be stronger than they have been all season, thus having a better chance of beating us. I will not be listening to reason on this subject, I'm going down the full on pure rage conspiracy theory route and I won't be swayed. They hate us and will do everything they can to hurt us, except when decisions go our way which I will conveniently ignore. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, latemodelchild said:

So a 23 team league means that the team who has a bye week on the last day of the season could be at a disadvantage. I am now utterly convinced that the EFL are expecting Derby to fold and that is why we play them last game of the season even though we played them last game 2 seasons ago. Pure vendetta against us dressed up as a coincidence. And if they don't fold they will have had the maximum time possible to gell as a team and will be stronger than they have been all season, thus having a better chance of beating us. I will not be listening to reason on this subject, I'm going down the full on pure rage conspiracy theory route and I won't be swayed. They hate us and will do everything they can to hurt us, except when decisions go our way which I will conveniently ignore. 

Full on qanon nonsense.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

The EFL in its desperation to save Wayne Rooney FC have had a complete mare handling this mate. 

Bingo. Said earlier any other manager it would've been sorted out months ago

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Pablo Bonvin said:

Some local property developers has had a bid accepted apparently.

Liam Rosenior in as interim manager.

They reckon Rosenior was the brains behind the Rooney team anyway so I can understand making him into manager, quite a shrewd appointment

I did read somewhere or another that one of the reasons that Derby are not being treated like Bury is because there is cash in place for them to operate next season. 

Think it was Alan Nixon who tweeted it. 

I can't understand why the administrators refused to acknowledge Mike Ashley's interest. I know what Newcastle fans think of him but he was exactly what Derby needed. An astute businessman who would run them in the right way

• Like 4

5 hours ago, IWEDFM said:

I can't understand why the administrators refused to acknowledge Mike Ashley's interest. I know what Newcastle fans think of him but he was exactly what Derby needed. An astute businessman who would run them in the right way

Seems to be forgotten that Newcastle were consistently a Premier League outfit under Ashley, save for two seasons where they avoided a relegation firesale and won The Championship at an absolute canter. 

He is an utterly odious man and the way he runs his businesses is open to deserved scrutiny. But from a purely football perspective, his role is little different to what Milan did for us. In order for buying Derby to fit into Ashley's plans and be worth his time, they would have to stabilise, get out of this league and then become a stable upper end Championship side to sell on for profit. At least with Ashley the business plan is clear. He's a lot of things but he's not a chancer like this Kirchner character ended up being.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sheffield_dave said:

Seems to be forgotten that Newcastle were consistently a Premier League outfit under Ashley, save for two seasons where they avoided a relegation firesale and won The Championship at an absolute canter. 

He is an utterly odious man and the way he runs his businesses is open to deserved scrutiny. But from a purely football perspective, his role is little different to what Milan did for us. In order for buying Derby to fit into Ashley's plans and be worth his time, they would have to stabilise, get out of this league and then become a stable upper end Championship side to sell on for profit. At least with Ashley the business plan is clear. He's a lot of things but he's not a chancer like this Kirchner character ended up being.

Agree

I think Ashley deserves far more credit than he gets. Yes, he wasn't overly ambitious but he did spend money on the playing squad when the right player became available (£40m on Joelinton, £20m on Callum Wilson etc.) and hiring Rafa Benitez wouldn't have come cheap. Newcastle fans only had to look at Sunderland to realise that in actual fact Ashley didn't do a bad job

• Like 1

I think Ashley’s (football) reputation suffers more too because of the club he did it with. I’ve got a lot of time for Newcastle fans themselves, but it’s hard to deny they think a lot of themselves. The Ashley MO just didn’t fit with that. They felt they were better than it. They probably were too, but that doesn’t mean the job he did was a disaster. 

• Like 1

On 21/06/2022 at 09:12, sheffield_dave said:

This is a point I've suggested before in this thread, and in threads on here about the same happening to Wednesday.

It depends what you think a football club really is. For me it is the community.. it's the family of the fanbase.. it's watching your team in your colours whatever form it takes. It's not paperwork or balance sheets or ownership. It's not even really bricks and mortar - even the most iconic stadiums come and go. 

Derby won't ever die if the fans don't want it to. You might have to play at Chesterfield for a bit and Forest fans will have a field day. But you'll have your club, on YOUR terms as a fanbase, and will probably be back playing them again in 10-15 years anyway. I know a couple of lads who just happen to support phoenix clubs who say it's invigorated their love of the game, including a former season ticket holder at Old Trafford who jacked United in for FC United and has never looked back.

Totally agree 

i was never against moving away from pride park for a bit if it was needed, just not Stoke or Coventry ffs, there was a rumour your ground could have been a share but I think wed need to whack that on the head... we cant be stealing your stadium as well WTF:

if this clowes takes over at least we keep our home as well which is a nice bonus 

we might need to accept league 1 footy for a few seasons but the fact we might be saved literally does make me well up a bit. 
and we’ve got a rivalry with Wycombe to look forward too, the utter bast@rd that owns them 

1 hour ago, marcx666 said:

Honestly, if Rooney has gone through his agent t pay players and staff while the EFL, Administrators, the fake buyer and everyone else is f*cking about, fair play to him.

couldn’t agree more 

although it’s probably completely against EFL rules re agents involvements 

clearly more to Rooney’s departure one would think 

from our point of view, the longer the chaos remains at derby the better