Derby takeover expected to collapse

11 hours ago, DCFCOwls said:

I say let the locals sort it, if they want to save the club as a community then so be it 

This is a point I've suggested before in this thread, and in threads on here about the same happening to Wednesday.

It depends what you think a football club really is. For me it is the community.. it's the family of the fanbase.. it's watching your team in your colours whatever form it takes. It's not paperwork or balance sheets or ownership. It's not even really bricks and mortar - even the most iconic stadiums come and go. 

Derby won't ever die if the fans don't want it to. You might have to play at Chesterfield for a bit and Forest fans will have a field day. But you'll have your club, on YOUR terms as a fanbase, and will probably be back playing them again in 10-15 years anyway. I know a couple of lads who just happen to support phoenix clubs who say it's invigorated their love of the game, including a former season ticket holder at Old Trafford who jacked United in for FC United and has never looked back.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, latemodelchild said:

Fixtures will already be sorted, they're released Thursday I think so they must have been doing em for a while. It takes a few days to sort em out cos there's a lot of things to consider. There was an article on it a bit back that was a good read. 

I'm assuming they've just put Derby in there and if the worst happens there'll be no fixture for a club each game week. It's too late to promote or reinstate anyone now so EFL must be praying they survive. Would explain why they're actively trying to save them unlike with teams in the past who were just allowed to die cos the league washed their hands of it. 

You mean like Sky deciding which teams they want to play each other on certain days?

• Like 1

20 hours ago, 31Dec1966 said:

It ends only when the EFL have facilitated a takeover resulting in local businesses getting 10p in the pound, money pouring in because it's Rooney, them beating us twice and pipping us for promotion. While we stagnate for another quarter of a century. Cynical aren't I?

This is issue.....the local suppliers get 10p in the £, but the football creditors get paid in full......and we have to pay for the shortfall in payment to HMRC in our taxes, even Morris gets £20m for the stadium 

Football is not impacted and Joe public picks up the tab.... they are in a different world 

On 19/06/2022 at 23:47, DCFCOwls said:

Sounds like its done and we’re finished, big sh!t storm coming this week or next week apparently 😪

They just need to put the fans out if their musery at this point its cruel its been allowed to go on this long, the hope and all that 

weve been done for about 6 months rumours coming out 

What is the latest DCFC? We dont hear anything, except whats on this thread

It seems an utter shambles by the EFL ( no surprise there)

• Like 2

How long were we in trouble with the HMRC? I seem to remember that it was the HMRC who wanted to wind us up in the high court. Just looked on Google to see how much Derby owe them and

The club has amassed almost £30m of debt with HMRC, owes a further £20m to the US investment firm MSD via various loans secured on the stadium, and a further £10m is owed to other "football creditors".29 Jan 2022

Why has the HMRC sat on this for 9 months or have they? I'm sure we didn't get that long or did we?

12 minutes ago, darra said:

How long were we in trouble with the HMRC? I seem to remember that it was the HMRC who wanted to wind us up in the high court. Just looked on Google to see how much Derby owe them and

The club has amassed almost £30m of debt with HMRC, owes a further £20m to the US investment firm MSD via various loans secured on the stadium, and a further £10m is owed to other "football creditors".29 Jan 2022

Why has the HMRC sat on this for 9 months or have they? I'm sure we didn't get that long or did we?

It's because they're in administration. A company can't be issued with a WUP when they are. Thought the same myself so checked it out

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, smhouston said:

It's because they're in administration. A company can't be issued with a WUP when they are. Thought the same myself so checked it out

Thanks. Does that mean they start this season on minus points? They seem to have had points deducted left right and centre I lose track 😀

33 minutes ago, darra said:

Thanks. Does that mean they start this season on minus points? They seem to have had points deducted left right and centre I lose track 😀

Isn't it -15 for starting the season in administration? They also need to prove funds to complete the season, so realistically they need to be out of administration really quickly 

3 hours ago, FattyOwl72 said:

If they go pop and aren’t replaced in lg1, our season will finish a week before everyone else’s.

Surely that can't be allowed to happen, can it?

It opens up all sorts of possibilities for teams to gain an unfair advantage - imagine if two promotion rivals playing each other went into their game knowing that a draw would see them both pip us on the final day, for example...

1 hour ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Surely that can't be allowed to happen, can it?

It opens up all sorts of possibilities for teams to gain an unfair advantage - imagine if two promotion rivals playing each other went into their game knowing that a draw would see them both pip us on the final day, for example...

If there’s 23 teams in the league one must finish early. 

6 hours ago, darra said:

I read that a team gets a points penalty if they start successive seasons in admin. As they went into admin in Sept they won’t get penalised. There might be other reasons for penalties though.

Just now, Sham67 said:

If there’s 23 teams in the league one must finish early. 

Clearly.

Which is why that can't be allowed to happen, can it?

The scenario I posted is just one of many which could transpire, which would seriously undermine the fairness of the competition.

Teams going into the final game of the season knowing their closest league rival's final points tally have a massive advantage, as they already know what result will potentially earn them promotion / a playoff place / league safety.

Does anyone know if there's ever been a precedent for this kind of thing within the EFL?

10 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Clearly.

Which is why that can't be allowed to happen, can it?

The scenario I posted is just one of many which could transpire, which would seriously undermine the fairness of the competition.

Teams going into the final game of the season knowing their closest league rival's final points tally have a massive advantage, as they already know what result will potentially earn them promotion / a playoff place / league safety.

Does anyone know if there's ever been a precedent for this kind of thing within the EFL?

Didn't League Two have 23 teams when Bury went into liquidation?

Same happened in the National League last season with Macclesfield. 

2 minutes ago, Beighton Owl 87 said:

Didn't League Two have 23 teams when Bury went into liquidation?

Same happened in the National League last season with Macclesfield. 

I wasn't sure what went on with Bury - just checked, and you're right - League One was reduced to 23 teams for the 19/20 season.

Because that season was cut short and decided on points per game due to covid, the kind of final day scenario I was talking about obviously never happened.

I just don't see how it can be risked, though?

Imagine losing your final game of the season a week before your closest rivals play each other, then watching as the two of them play out a final-day bore draw which conveniently leaves them both finishing a point ahead of you in the automatic promotion places.

If all games were played synchronously, then those rivals would have to assume you might win and would have to go for a win themselves as a result.

Knowing you lost a week before they kicked off would hand them both a huge advantage.

4 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I wasn't sure what went on with Bury - just checked, and you're right - League One was reduced to 23 teams for the 19/20 season.

Because that season was cut short and decided on points per game due to covid, the kind of final day scenario I was talking about obviously never happened.

I just don't see how it can be risked, though?

Imagine losing your final game of the season a week before your closest rivals play each other, then watching as the two of them play out a final-day bore draw which conveniently leaves them both finishing a point ahead of you in the automatic promotion places.

If all games were played synchronously, then those rivals would have to assume you might win and would have to go for a win themselves as a result.

Knowing you lost a week before they kicked off would hand them both a huge advantage.

Also gives teams an unfair advantage with potential "rest weeks" if you look at it from a different angle.

Also screws clubs budgets as they have budgeted for a certain amount of home games.

The EFL have seriously screwed the season for league one clubs here. That's on top of the loss of a historic club like Derby.

This should have been resolved weeks, if not months ago.

Edited by Maddogbob
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Maddogbob said:

Also gives teams an unfair advantage with potential "rest weeks" if you look at it from a different angle.

Also screws clubs budgets as they have budgeted for a certain amount of home games.

The EFL have seriously screwed the season for league one clubs here. That's on top of the loss of a historic club like Derby.

This should have been resolved weeks, if not months ago.

The EFL in its desperation to save Wayne Rooney FC have had a complete mare handling this mate. 

• Love 1