Derby takeover expected to collapse

EFL are completely useless. I can't work out why he was deemed the preferred bidder.

Nixon seems to think he may still get the deal done but my opinion is Ashley will swoop in now. Seems to do the business quite quickly despite the negativity surrounding him.

This was predictable and exactly what Ashley was waiting on the sidelines for. Expect him to be the next owner of Derby at much less than was being paid in this deal.

As a side note the administrators should be dissolved they’ve been diabolical.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, swfcGibbo said:

EFL are completely useless. I can't work out why he was deemed the preferred bidder.

Nixon seems to think he may still get the deal done but my opinion is Ashley will swoop in now. Seems to do the business quite quickly despite the negativity surrounding him.

It’s not the EFL that deems the preferred bidder, it’s the Administrator.

The EFL just determine whether or not they are fit and proper!

11 minutes ago, Tamworthowl said:

It’s not the EFL that deems the preferred bidder, it’s the Administrator.

The EFL just determine whether or not they are fit and proper!

Thanks for the clarification 🙂

That actually makes it worse. Financially savvy companies dealing with insolvency on a regular basis should be in a position to assess properly. Still think it was bizarre he was chosen even if he completes the deal. Writing is on the wall when they are parading the club in Derby County hoodies before they have got their wallets out.

Guest DoesJackHunt
11 minutes ago, swfcGibbo said:

That actually makes it worse. Financially savvy companies dealing with insolvency on a regular basis should be in a position to assess properly. Still think it was bizarre he was chosen even if he completes the deal. Writing is on the wall when they are parading the club in Derby County hoodies before they have got their wallets out.

They’ll just go with the highest offer 

15 minutes ago, swfcGibbo said:

Administrators are only interested in using the funds of the highest bidder to 

1. Get the best deal for the many creditors 

2. Pay their own enormous fees.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, swfcGibbo said:

Writing is on the wall when they are parading the club in Derby County hoodies before they have got their wallets out.

I agree - hate to see this - giving people false hope etc

The serious guys talk with their money 

I want them to stay in business and afloat, but in a way that maximises our advantage ahead of them next season.

So a dragging out of the process that slows up any transfer activity, and maybe gives them a modest points deduction that stops them challenging for the top 6….sort it Carlsberg.  

• Like 5

The deal is in danger of collapse AND, apparently, Kirchner has failed to provide the money to  pay

the players May wages.

Absolutely scandalous!!

Whoever heard of players not being paid the wages due to them.WTF:

• Haha 4

20 minutes ago, Nero said:

It does affect us though. A potential rival being hamstrung is good news for us competitively. Players we might both be interested in are going to choose us. Like Gregory did last summer.

Yeah, Derby you would have thought would be a potential rival at the top of the table, I have no love for Derby but would not want them to disappear, however a protracted sale that screws up their recruitment and their competitiveness next season would not be a bad thing for us.. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, TrickyTrev said:

So would this mean Derby start next season on minus points if it doesn’t get sorted?

I’ve nothing against them but it wouldn’t hurt our chances of going up.

My thoughts too. 

And in fairness, considering Derby's previous history or not paying wages and the substantial period spent in administration, EFL should also retain oversight on spending, facilitated through ratifying player registrations.

A club who have been close to going bust for so long, shouldn't suddenly be allowed to spend recklessly. 

Edited by striker
  • Like 3