Derby takeover expected to collapse

Sounds like its done and we’re finished, big sh!t storm coming this week or next week apparently 😪

They just need to put the fans out if their musery at this point its cruel its been allowed to go on this long, the hope and all that 

weve been done for about 6 months rumours coming out 

How will the league operate? Could care less but 23 teams or say Mansfield going up and just moving a club up from each division below? 

i dont think we’ll be the last though, the dominos will fall if the rumours about us are correct :(

5 hours ago, DCFCOwls said:

How will the league operate? Could care less but 23 teams or say Mansfield going up and just moving a club up from each division below? 

i dont think we’ll be the last though, the dominos will fall if the rumours about us are correct 😞

They will run it missing a team, it's probably to late to move teams up. They will have budgeted for the league they were in. 

Imagine like the season with bury it'll be re jigged at the end of the season.

It hits other clubs in the pocket as well, as thats at least one game we all lose revenue for.

Unless the other teams have been put on standby. That's the way I see it playing out. Would only effect Mansfield and Solihull, that I know of but you'd have to move clubs up all the way down to a certain level.

Realistically this needed to have been sorted a few weeks ago. If Derby do go, I'll be sad to see them go. Grew up knowing a number of fans and stood on the popside with them and have a number of Derby supporting family.

Edited by Maddogbob

7 hours ago, DCFCOwls said:

Sounds like its done and we’re finished, big sh!t storm coming this week or next week apparently 😪

They just need to put the fans out if their musery at this point its cruel its been allowed to go on this long, the hope and all that 

7 hours ago, DCFCOwls said:

i dont think we’ll be the last though, the dominos will fall if the rumours about us are correct 😞

Not seen the rumours you're alluding to but seems like Tom Lawrence has had another 'car crash' error of judgement going golfing with Kirchner. 

I still think you'll survive and be fine in a season or 2. The league really don't want you to fold and are bending over backwards to help you. Almost seems unbelievable that you haven't been saved yet. Bury and Macclesfield were gone by now, and for far less. I do wonder if there's more to your situation than we realise, and your comment about domino's falling intrigues me. 

43 minutes ago, Rogers said:

When does this end? Derby have been on the edge and getting into bother over the past 12 - 18 months. 

I think it's crucial for a functional league structure that there is an end to this at some point, and ideally before the season starts. As even the Derby fan above has said, allowing this situation to just plod on benefits absolutely nobody. 

Of course the issue with that is "functional league structure", and while I've made my feelings on Derby as a club in this thread pretty clear, ultimately that's the problem isn't it. Derby are simply an extension of where our game has been heading for years and the clock has always been ticking on it biting an actually proper big club at some point. I think football in this country is due a reckoning and big changes are ahead, whether it's Derby going that does it, others following them, or the ESL plans being re-served up to us in a couple of years time (and that won't be stopped next time). Whatever it is, I think the traditional Prem + EFL league structure is due a reform. 

39 minutes ago, sheffield_dave said:

I think it's crucial for a functional league structure that there is an end to this at some point, and ideally before the season starts. As even the Derby fan above has said, allowing this situation to just plod on benefits absolutely nobody. 

Of course the issue with that is "functional league structure", and while I've made my feelings on Derby as a club in this thread pretty clear, ultimately that's the problem isn't it. Derby are simply an extension of where our game has been heading for years and the clock has always been ticking on it biting an actually proper big club at some point. I think football in this country is due a reckoning and big changes are ahead, whether it's Derby going that does it, others following them, or the ESL plans being re-served up to us in a couple of years time (and that won't be stopped next time). Whatever it is, I think the traditional Prem + EFL league structure is due a reform. 

It will be interesting to see how much rope the EFL give the next team that gets into this state/ administration

Feels like they have made a rod for themselves here

40 minutes ago, sheffield_dave said:

It certainly needs reform. Because it's really not working anymore, Derby would be the third club in serious trouble in as meny years.

10 hours ago, DCFCOwls said:

What rumours are doing the rounds?

9 hours ago, Rogers said:

When does this end? Derby have been on the edge and getting into bother over the past 12 - 18 months. 

It ends only when the EFL have facilitated a takeover resulting in local businesses getting 10p in the pound, money pouring in because it's Rooney, them beating us twice and pipping us for promotion. While we stagnate for another quarter of a century. Cynical aren't I?

• Like 2

10 hours ago, IWEDFM said:

What rumours are doing the rounds?

Road runner pretty much summed it up above. But the rumours are strong and from a reliable source that the club just isnt worth it for any logical thinking busissman, it’d take a pretty dumb one to take the club on, soon as they see our finances they run a mile laughing as thhey go, we’re fooked simple as that 😞 

road runner is correct, the admin begging for short term loans is sheer desperation and screams “dead” to me 

I think how long its took is a disgrace personally 

if you cant pay your bills in any other business its torn down simple as that 

Yet football clubs are allowed to fleece the local community (they love to tug at those heart strings) and never oay a penny back its disgusting 

talking about Leicester here, who brag about success after ******** over loads of companies back in the mid 2000s 

I say let the locals sort it, if they want to save the club as a community then so be it 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, DCFCOwls said:

Yet football clubs are allowed to fleece the local community (they love to tug at those heart strings) and never oay a penny back its disgusting 

talking about Leicester here, who brag about success after ******** over loads of companies back in the mid 2000s 

I say let the locals sort it, if they want to save the club as a community then so be it 

I read the auditors response to the letters sent. It looks like they were trying to justify the huge mistake they made.

I cant see a buyer paying the creditors at 25p to the pound. It doesn't make financial sense. Terrible situation for fans.

15 point deduction would be a bonus at the moment.

10 hours ago, DCFCOwls said:

You're so right, and the root cause is TV money making stupid wages possible. Clubs overstretch trying to reach the PL (promised land). I think we all know our game is irretrievably broken, it's really just an exhibition game for the few top clubs with spectators more interested in taking photos.

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, Bluesteel. said:

So with the fixtures coming out soon that must ramp up the pressure to bring this to a head 

Fixtures will already be sorted, they're released Thursday I think so they must have been doing em for a while. It takes a few days to sort em out cos there's a lot of things to consider. There was an article on it a bit back that was a good read. 

I'm assuming they've just put Derby in there and if the worst happens there'll be no fixture for a club each game week. It's too late to promote or reinstate anyone now so EFL must be praying they survive. Would explain why they're actively trying to save them unlike with teams in the past who were just allowed to die cos the league washed their hands of it. 

• Like 2

One thing we keep hearing about from EFL is the integrity of the league. They hate the prospect of a club folding mid season. So with Derby entering admin back in Sept, there was ample opportunity to put out a deadline “deal must be signed, sealed, delivered” by xxxx. (1st June seems most sensible date to me).

Did they naively think going into admin would see it all sorted quickly? Were they a bit complacent?

EFL are now in a position of having to go to the wire. Unless there’s a successful takeover, it’s too late to avoid a 23 team league, so the EFL will keep extending deadlines as long as possible.  They can’t boot out Derby until / unless they fail to turn up for a match as that would affect “the integrity”: even then, Bolton got away with cancelling a few fixtures. So I foresee this dragging on a few weeks yet.