Derby takeover expected to collapse

1 hour ago, smhouston said:

Surely it's still no money signings though and under an embargo for a few seasons like we was?

Probably not. They've got new owners and have a clean slate. Spend on players and they'll be celebrated as the team that rose from the ashes every time they win. Still say they'll finish above us this season, just seems the way. 

• Like 2

We’re under a business plan yes 

but strangely it effects us less in league 1 than it would have in the championship 

I dunno how we fund the likes of Hourihane and Chester though, theres no way we get those deals through under the plan set by the efl 

im just happy its over and we can finally move on to talking about transfers and football, the circus has finally left the town (morris and his celebrity appointments) 

Rooney deserves a lot of resoect and we thank him for helping us through the storm but, itll be nice just being Derby County again without all the pimped out gimmicks Morris subjected us to ffs. 

I’d settle just for making frees and loans for the next two or three transfer windows 

and its odd but tonight has been fun reading the Forest forums... they’re in the premier keague but seem to be utterly seething we “got away with it” WTF:

as for finishing above you cant see it, we will be lucky to make the playoffs this season but getting our stadium back and having our club back is a heck of a relief and fantastic. 

• Like 1

We thought that when Mel was chucking the money around a few seasons ago though 

if its done one thing its finally made us realise nothing is a given and we dont expect promotion as a given inside a few seasons, theres a few clubs in this league that will be hard to get past yourselves included 

if anything Im glad rotherham went up because it means theres one less blood and guts team in the division 

id feel much more confident of getting out of this league if there were more footballing sides in it 

with Rooney gone there will be no media attention at all and we can get back to concentrating on our club and the football 

Said it all along, Derby are an awful club. I hated what they stood for under Mel Morris: thousands of sponsors plastered over their Lego-set, DIY stadium. And then when it went belly up, it was everybody elses fault: EFL, then Steve Gibson, then Rob Couhig, then administrators, then Mel Morris, then Chris Kirchner etc. etc: Derby County: the new Liverpool. I just knew they would come out of all of this smelling of roses, playing the victims after years of cheating. I used to actually go to Pride Park a few times a season when my brother-in-law couldn't go with my father-in-law, and I have never seen such a set of entitled, arrogant, disillusioned fans in my life. Genuinely maked me feel nausious. Definitely won't be going again. Living near Derby doesn't help but they are now, for me personally, just below L***s, Piggies and Toytown as my most despised teams. Like I said though, they will be automatics, or play-offs at least this year, guarenteed.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, DCFCOwls said:

We’re under a business plan yes 

but strangely it effects us less in league 1 than it would have in the championship 

I dunno how we fund the likes of Hourihane and Chester though, theres no way we get those deals through under the plan set by the efl 

im just happy its over and we can finally move on to talking about transfers and football, the circus has finally left the town (morris and his celebrity appointments) 

Rooney deserves a lot of resoect and we thank him for helping us through the storm but, itll be nice just being Derby County again without all the pimped out gimmicks Morris subjected us to ffs. 

I’d settle just for making frees and loans for the next two or three transfer windows 

and its odd but tonight has been fun reading the Forest forums... they’re in the premier keague but seem to be utterly seething we “got away with it” WTF:

as for finishing above you cant see it, we will be lucky to make the playoffs this season but getting our stadium back and having our club back is a heck of a relief and fantastic. 

Derby aren't 1/10th the club that Forest are.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Enjoy the premier league salli 

feels a bit weird batering with Wednesday fans tonight in regards to Mendez 🙂 actual football talk again its been a while 

as for Bury I think it was because they couldnt provide the funds to finish the season so had to be removed, we did have the funds that saw us through last season. 

i wont deny we were a horrible club at the back end of Morris tenure, he was toxic and the club had been run into the ground. 

the new owner is a much more business astute type though, seems a lot quieter than Morris, no silly gimmicks ie “The Derby Way” 

all we need now is to drop the stupid bounce 😉 

17 hours ago, DCFCOwls said:

Enjoy the premier league salli 

feels a bit weird batering with Wednesday fans tonight in regards to Mendez 🙂 actual football talk again its been a while 

as for Bury I think it was because they couldnt provide the funds to finish the season so had to be removed, we did have the funds that saw us through last season. 

i wont deny we were a horrible club at the back end of Morris tenure, he was toxic and the club had been run into the ground. 

the new owner is a much more business astute type though, seems a lot quieter than Morris, no silly gimmicks ie “The Derby Way” 

all we need now is to drop the stupid bounce 😉 

you can keep the bounce we dont want it haha

39 minutes ago, DCFCOwls said:

Fredowl 

its beyond cringe in my opinion 

Ill be glad when weve dropped it and gone back to just happy clapping 

Agreed it’s cringy, but looked good at your place.

• Love 1

They owe HMRC £30,000,000, I only owe em £100 for being 3 days late filing my tax return but doesn’t stop them sending me letters. 
 Total debt is £60,000,000 if that has all been wiped off it sends a precedent for all other clubs to do the same. 
EFL JOKERS.

I'm not one for asking impertinent questions with a view to an agenda - but, the question above about HMRC and money owed to them is a pretty good one that should be answered.

However I won't be emailing anyone to find out.

Im glad weve got a club still but

id love to know where the money went and the fact I was hounded to fizz for tax returns and threatened with jail etc (I paid it) 

yet here we are with us just going about it like nothing happened and obviously (again) paying high wages for the likes of hourihane ffs 

I can understand peoples frustration when they see clubs just taking the pi33