Derby takeover expected to collapse

And still havent signed a proper number 1 yet though :rolleyes:

The fact weve had to sign a whole new squad with no fees being paid is to be resoected though 

weve signed like 18players so far with freebies and loans and re signs, the wages are a bit dodgy for Hourihane esp though 

A proper number 1 goalkeepr, another wide player and maybe a right back and its been a fantastic few weeks 

its gonna take a few weeks to get them gelling now though 

6 hours ago, DCFCOwls said:

And still havent signed a proper number 1 yet though :rolleyes:

The fact weve had to sign a whole new squad with no fees being paid is to be resoected though 

weve signed like 18players so far with freebies and loans and re signs, the wages are a bit dodgy for Hourihane esp though 

A proper number 1 goalkeepr, another wide player and maybe a right back and its been a fantastic few weeks 

its gonna take a few weeks to get them gelling now though 

Scott Loach from Chesterfield seems an odd signing. Spent the last 5-6 seasons playing in the National League. I can only assume he's signed as an experienced back up. 

Don't you think Wildsmith will be your number one this season then?

No chance in hell you're signing another Gk. 

Wildsmith will be number 1. Read an article that said Loach is 3rd choice back up. 

Derby remind me of when we signed clinton, teale et Al. 

18 signings, mostly big names, but mostly 30+ too

2 hours ago, Beighton Owl 87 said:

Scott Loach from Chesterfield seems an odd signing. Spent the last 5-6 seasons playing in the National League. I can only assume he's signed as an experienced back up. 

Don't you think Wildsmith will be your number one this season then?

God I hope so🙏 lol

1 hour ago, fudge27 said:

No chance in hell you're signing another Gk. 

Wildsmith will be number 1. Read an article that said Loach is 3rd choice back up. 

Derby remind me of when we signed clinton, teale et Al. 

18 signings, mostly big names, but mostly 30+ too

And players whose careers are on the way down....

On 02/07/2022 at 01:00, DCFCOwls said:

We’re under a business plan yes 

but strangely it effects us less in league 1 than it would have in the championship 

I dunno how we fund the likes of Hourihane and Chester though, theres no way we get those deals through under the plan set by the efl 

im just happy its over and we can finally move on to talking about transfers and football, the circus has finally left the town (morris and his celebrity appointments) 

Rooney deserves a lot of resoect and we thank him for helping us through the storm but, itll be nice just being Derby County again without all the pimped out gimmicks Morris subjected us to ffs. 

I’d settle just for making frees and loans for the next two or three transfer windows 

and its odd but tonight has been fun reading the Forest forums... they’re in the premier keague but seem to be utterly seething we “got away with it” WTF:

as for finishing above you cant see it, we will be lucky to make the playoffs this season but getting our stadium back and having our club back is a heck of a relief and fantastic. 

The only way I can think of managing to tempt hourahan etc. Is in other sports which have strict salary caps they just offer ridiculous objective bonuses.like winning titles or promotion being secured. A few of the Aussie RL sides years ago used to do it as it bypassed wage rules. Also the rugby union sides here when it was strictly amateur would give players cars / houses or fake jobs getting paid shed loads . There's always ways around things .