Derby takeover expected to collapse

9 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

Just been reading about a potential takeover of Birmingham by ex Watford owner Bassini. Sounds a proper dodgy bloke. Was banned for 3 years for misconduct. Surely the EFL won’t sanction it. 

More than ever before, seems to be some right chancers around trying to buy football clubs. 

I've no idea how Bassini would ever pass a fit and proper owners test, but I'm sure EFL will find a way.

Had a thought about the fit and proper persons test as the vultures are circling round Derby trying to buy them for as little as possible…

Mike Ashley for example, billionaire, seemingly waiting for the last minute to save a few million quid (a tiny fraction of his wealth) while businesses connected with the club don’t get what they’re owed, HMRC don’t get paid, thousands of fans don’t know if they’ll have a club to support, club staff don’t know if they’re going to have a job in a few weeks time… is that really something a fit and proper person would do, when they’ve (presumably) got the money to get the deal done and put an end to all of this uncertainty?

I’d be looking at that and thinking that these people are motivated by their own self interest rather than the club and the people connected to it. Just doesn’t strike me as a very fit and proper way to do things, but then again I’m not a billionaire

• Like 3

Personally I think they should be kicked out of the league and get liquidated.

They've blatantly taken the urine out of FFP for years and it's had a knock on effect of inflating transfer fees and wages that we've ultimately suffered from.

It's gone on for long enough now, time for them to go.

There was a change in the law ,so I think Derby are the first case where the HMRC are secured creditors.

If Derby think they are going to get away paying pennies in the pound the consensus seems to be that's a misapprehension on thier part.

There's been 36 football insolvencies in last 20 odd years

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Orlando_Trustful said:

Not at all. I don't want any clubs to go bust. Even the blunts. 

but the press/sky/bbc etc didn’t kick up this fuss when they went títs up. Why should shittŷ derby get preferential treatment 

• Like 3

On 13/06/2022 at 19:21, Road Runner said:

Chris Kirchner has now pulled out of the deal officially.

Struggled to get the money across, Reminds me of us in 2008 with Geoff Sheard. 

This Kirchner guy has wasted money on a Derby County coat. 

What’s he going to do with that now ?

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Kopparberg said:

This Kirchner guy has wasted money on a Derby County coat. 

What’s he going to do with that now ?

Take it back to Sports Direct for a refund /credit note ....

Depends if he bought it in store or online.....

He needs to have proof of purchase .....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, mildatheart67 said:

There was a change in the law ,so I think Derby are the first case where the HMRC are secured creditors.

If Derby think they are going to get away paying pennies in the pound the consensus seems to be that's a misapprehension on thier part.

There's been 36 football insolvencies in last 20 odd years

That will knacker Ashley's plans then....sure I read he was looking at repaying something like 8p in the £

12 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

Wonder if we will end up with an odd numbered league if Derby can't start the season.

Suspect that's exactly why the EFL are giving them chance after chance.

Needs resolving sharpish.

Club will end up in Mike Ashley's hands...efl can dress it up as much as they want but we know the outcome 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MSN SYSOP said:

Club will end up in Mike Ashley's hands...efl can dress it up as much as they want but we know the outcome 

I think that will be the case and they know it. 

That's if HMRC aren't secured creditors. He won't want to pay the whole bill.

If anything it's the small businesses connected to Derby that I feel sorry for.

19 hours ago, beswetherick said:

Had a thought about the fit and proper persons test as the vultures are circling round Derby trying to buy them for as little as possible…

Mike Ashley for example, billionaire, seemingly waiting for the last minute to save a few million quid (a tiny fraction of his wealth) while businesses connected with the club don’t get what they’re owed, HMRC don’t get paid, thousands of fans don’t know if they’ll have a club to support, club staff don’t know if they’re going to have a job in a few weeks time… is that really something a fit and proper person would do, when they’ve (presumably) got the money to get the deal done and put an end to all of this uncertainty?

I’d be looking at that and thinking that these people are motivated by their own self interest rather than the club and the people connected to it. Just doesn’t strike me as a very fit and proper way to do things, but then again I’m not a billionaire

That last paragraph: it's what makes them multimillionaires. A lack of morality over anything other than money. I've been thinking about it recently, but I wouldn't wish millionaire status on anyone. It must be 'lonely' having all that cash, and play with your mind so much. Your friends might be there just to leach off you and you'd have to make serious provisions for your estate. Not for me thank you. 

• Love 1

6 hours ago, Maddogbob said:

EFL will probably offer to pay off HMRC for him

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

53 minutes ago, smhouston said:

I don't think that'll happen. It'll just put future owners off if points deduction is applied due to that rather than taking a hit financially in the short term

It could happen this month if there is insufficient time for the deal to be completed....miss one month's salary run and it's -5

Mind you they don't have to pay roseignor now, so expect Rooney might be the next out, which will reduce the bill

1 hour ago, Anthndav said:

That last paragraph: it's what makes them multimillionaires. A lack of morality over anything other than money. I've been thinking about it recently, but I wouldn't wish millionaire status on anyone. It must be 'lonely' having all that cash, and play with your mind so much. Your friends might be there just to leach off you and you'd have to make serious provisions for your estate. Not for me thank you. 

I think I’d be happy to have a crack at it

• Haha 4

7 hours ago, Maddogbob said:

Yep - small businesses and also the staff on the non-footballing side who won’t know if they have a job during a cost of living crisis are the ones getting shafted the most, just so multimillionaires can try and save themselves a few mil