12 minutes ago, scram said:

Liverpool fans should take responsibility where they were to blame

The authorities and police likewise

Going to the city a game is being played without a ticket is not an issue - its the intention to get in come what may that causes the problems.

There were extraneous issues with local gangs - Madrid are reporting similar

Some of the handling of the fans was disgraceful - that should not be denied nor downplayed cos Liverpool...

I agree its called shared responsibility. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Mountain Owl said:

Most fans are sticking together on this one and believe Liverpool fans should quite rightly share some of the responsibility.

If they were to do that, no none-Liverpool linked person would ever forget it. It’d be forever held against them. 

Hypothetically - Opposition Prem clubs (or in the cups) might later say that ‘Liverpool tried the same thing’ with us… and it’d be taken as fact. 

I presume it’d also hinder Liverpool from a legal/insurance stand point. 

Unbelievable ( or not really) report in the Guardian saying that the French Authorities have ONLY actual proof of 2800 forged tickets.

You can't downplay 2800 forged tickets in one set of supporters hands

Quite rightly the comments section is ripping this biased reporting to shreds.

The anti Liverpool chants next season are going to be something else. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bannofan said:

Unbelievable ( or not really) report in the Guardian saying that the French Authorities have ONLY actual proof of 2800 forged tickets.

Bit of a step down from the 40,000 the French government were talking about earlier on in the week. Proof they don’t have a clue what they are on about. 

2 hours ago, Bannofan said:

What was the allocation for each club? 20,000? 

Is that 2,800 for the Liverpool section only or for both clubs? 

French ministers saying 40 thousand fake tickets. Only 2800 were scanned at one gate though. A piffling amount. Can't belive it caused an issue. Even the Libération editorial piece describes it as 'only 2800 at gate A' and questions where the other 37000 fans went. As if 2800 fake tickets is anything to even comment on. I bet every big match in every country has a similar number of fake tickets presented. Every champions league final will have had loads more than that, I'm sure the numbers won't lie. Only 2800 at one gate? Definitely the fault of the organisers who should have made sure it didn't happen instead of targeting innocent, young, disabled, old Liverpool fans with asthma. 

Only 2800 at one gate. Only. 

How many gates were there BTW? On the night there were reports that there were 5 but 4 had been closed due to behaviour issues. If that 2800 number is extrapolated across 5 gates then that's only 14000 fake tickets. So less than half the number the French minister claimed. Typical French exaggeration there, make it look like there's loads of fake tickets when there's actually only 14000. 30 to 40 thousand they said, that number dwarfs the 2800 that were actually presented.

And don't forget, those 2800 were the only 2800 that were present. There weren't any more amongst the fans who hadn't made it as far as the turnstiles due to the incompetent organisation. All those fans had genuine tickets bought through official channels. Its well known that supporters of all clubs make sure those amongst them who have fake tickets go first in an orderly manner and if they're found out they turn around and walk away silently cursing their bad luck leaving the way open for genuine ticket holders to enter. 

Only 2800 fake tickets printed out and distributed then presented at one gate. Only. 

I'm assuming that at some point, probably today, the 2800 fans who were sold fake tickets will be making some kind of statement demanding to know why their tickets they bought turned out to be fakes. I know if I bought one and the first I knew of it was when it didn't scan I'd be fuming. 

• Love 1

Weren't there only two gates open or something ridiculous like that? 

Read a few reports that due to that, plus the layout of the ground, use of police vans/barricades, that it created a bottleneck and there were concerns over people getting crushed to death etc. 

The whole thing sounds decidedly grim. 

You have to feel sorry for the normal Liverpool fans who've just gone there to watch their team and got caught up in all this crap. 

• Like 1

Anyone that does manage to get in any football match with a fake ticket, that was already sold out is guilty of ‘taking up space’ that would normally be kept free. 

Which in a large about could lead to something bad. 

No ‘fake ticket fan’ should be putting themselves before their fellow fans in that way. 

They need to have more about them than that. 

• Love 1

6 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Weren't there only two gates open or something ridiculous like that? 

Read a few reports that due to that, plus the layout of the ground, use of police vans/barricades, that it created a bottleneck and there were concerns over people getting crushed to death etc. 

The whole thing sounds decidedly grim. 

You have to feel sorry for the normal Liverpool fans who've just gone there to watch their team and got caught up in all this crap. 

I said earlier in the thread that they expected trouble and problems and the measures they put in place to prevent it, actually created trouble and problems. 

2 minutes ago, Kopparberg said:

Anyone that does manage to get in any football match with a fake ticket, that was already sold out is guilty of ‘taking up space’ that would normally be kept free. 

Which in a large about could lead to something bad. 

No ‘fake ticket fan’ should be putting themselves before their fellow fans in that way. 

They need to have more about them than that. 

There were only 2800 of em. 

2 minutes ago, latemodelchild said:

I said earlier in the thread that they expected trouble and problems and the measures they put in place to prevent it, actually created trouble and problems. 

They created problems yes, but they were relatively minor. If it stopped more serious trouble and problems then was it worth it?

This is the Paris police.

The ones who have dealt with riots and public order every weekend for years.

They know what they are doing.

7 hours ago, belfast owl lad said:

28 pages and not one mention of the the North African gangs from nearby St Denise who went on a pre planned rampage of theft and muggings of decent football fans.

Not seen those stories. I saw the stuff about warnings beforehand telling fans they could be the victims of pickpockets etc. Obviously these were laughed at as it's scousers innit and they Rob everything, even the eiffel tower. 

9 hours ago, belfast owl lad said:

28 pages and not one mention of the the North African gangs from nearby St Denise who went on a pre planned rampage of theft and muggings of decent football fans.

The gangs are out in force for every sporting occasion I believe,  innocent, drunk sports fans being seen as easy pickings. 

Anyway,  all people are saying is that Liverpool fans are held to the same standards and accountability as other football fans, and not be completely absolved of any blame for anything they are involved in. 

• Like 3

On 31/05/2022 at 21:25, scram said:

There were extraneous issues with local gangs - Madrid are reporting similar

10 hours ago, belfast owl lad said:

On 02/06/2022 at 08:31, latemodelchild said:

Not seen those stories. I saw the stuff about warnings beforehand telling fans they could be the victims of pickpockets etc. Obviously these were laughed at as it's scousers innit and they Rob everything, even the eiffel tower. 

There is plenty of footage of perps,The French authorities should be ashamed of themselves for putting ALL the blame on innocent Liverpool fans who,this time,are completely innocent.Gonna be fun when the Olympic games comes to this dump.

• Haha 4