£1 million bid for Josh Windass submitted to SWFC

10 hours ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Have they got that far?  

That Star's article does have comments from the club president to a local paper.

"With Josh Windass there is an agreement and yesterday the offer was sent to Sheffield Wednesday"

Of course, you never really know what's true and what's not.

The star now saying - 

Wednesday have a one-year extension option on Windass’ deal, meaning the club effectively have the former Wigan Athletic man under contract until the summer of 2024.

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/sheffield-wednesday-the-vital-contract-detail-that-made-owls-josh-windass-decision-easier-as-club-eye-fresh-target-3715001

10 minutes ago, BadBoy1762 said:

The star now saying - 

Wednesday have a one-year extension option on Windass’ deal, meaning the club effectively have the former Wigan Athletic man under contract until the summer of 2024.

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/sheffield-wednesday-the-vital-contract-detail-that-made-owls-josh-windass-decision-easier-as-club-eye-fresh-target-3715001

Does it have a release clause if - for example - a million pound bid was madE?

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Does it have a release clause if - for example - a million pound bid was madE?

Given that we've just rejected a million pound bid, then it's safe to say that any release clause (and there's nothing to suggest there is one) must be higher than that.

1 hour ago, BadBoy1762 said:

The star now saying - 

That changes the situation a fair bit, we’re right to hold out for a bit more money this summer then.

I’ve made it quite clear I thought we should take the money on offer for him, but I can see the logic behind keeping him for another year if we’ve got an extension clause. If we get an offer of closer to £2m or higher I still think we should take it and reinvest though 

• Like 5

36 minutes ago, beswetherick said:

That changes the situation a fair bit, we’re right to hold out for a bit more money this summer then.

I’ve made it quite clear I thought we should take the money on offer for him, but I can see the logic behind keeping him for another year if we’ve got an extension clause. If we get an offer of closer to £2m or higher I still think we should take it and reinvest though 

Spot on, I said the same thing and absolutely agree with your comments.

I now understand our reluctance to sell.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, BadBoy1762 said:

The star now saying - 

Don’t understand this at all. Loads on here knew all the details of the offer, and the contract Windass has. And criticized DC on the back of it. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 3

15 hours ago, ChapSmurf said:

You obviously know very little about running a business.

Let me know when you sell your house. I'll offer you 2/3rds it's value and see what you say to that.

Using your own analogy we bought Windass for 500k, selling for 1m gives 500k equity to reinvest in our portfolio, with reduced rent and rates. Seems like good business …

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

Using your own analogy we bought Windass for 500k, selling for 1m gives 500k equity to reinvest in our portfolio, with reduced rent and rates. Seems like good business …

No it doesn't, because his market value is higher than the £1M on offer. You've also failed to list who we would replace him with, and at what cost.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ChapSmurf said:

No it doesn't, because his market value is higher than the £1M on offer. You've also failed to list who we would replace him with, and at what cost.

How can his market value be higher than a mill? I guarantee  we won’t get offered more than a mill..by anybody in the world..in fact I don’t think we will recoup a penny of our outlay...remember winnall?? We couldn’t lose on that deal...picking him up for 500k...guess what? We did lose big time...that’s wot we do

1 minute ago, The coach said:

How can his market value be higher than a mill? I guarantee  we won’t get offered more than a mill..by anybody in the world..in fact I don’t think we will recoup a penny of our outlay...remember winnall?? We couldn’t lose on that deal...picking him up for 500k...guess what? We did lose big time...that’s wot we do

Do you actually think a football club puts in a market value bid for it's first offer? £1.25 - £1.5M is far more accurate, and that is what we will end up getting.

1 minute ago, ChapSmurf said:

Do you actually think a football club puts in a market value bid for it's first offer? £1.25 - £1.5M is far more accurate, and that is what we will end up getting.

1 minute ago, ChapSmurf said:

Argentina..who have been exporting world class players all over the world..and one of their top flight teams want josh windass..and want to pay money they haven’t got to get him.garymegson........reyt...let’s see how this plays out 😂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, The coach said:

Argentina..who have been exporting world class players all over the world..and one of their top flight teams want josh windass..and want to pay money they haven’t got to get him.garymegson........reyt...let’s see how this plays out 😂

If they don’t have the money they can’t have him

20 hours ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

Not sure, a championship standard striker with 2 years left on a contract who we don't need to sell....1m + should be the least we would accept. About time we made some returns on transfers.

9 hours ago, ChapSmurf said:

So as a a renowned business guru you are aware that for there to be a “market value” there has to be a buyer and a seller wishing to exchange? DC and previous owners have a long and damaging track record of overvaluing players. Result we can’t sell, players run down contracts and leave for nothing. Therefore we make a huge loss. In Windass case,  💯 mark up on something would be better than 150% of nothing if no one is prepared to meet your arbitrary market value.

Of course I haven’t listed who we would replace him with and at what cost you silly sausage. I am not a football agent. I have no visibility of who’s available or the demands of their clubs and agents. What I can do, to continue your property analogy is “list recent sales of similar properties in your area” 

Will Keane free transfer

Ross Stewart 300k

Alfie May free transfer

Cole Stockton free transfer

Scott Twine free transfer

Matt Taylor free transfer

Michael Smith undisclosed 

• Like 7