£1 million bid for Josh Windass submitted to SWFC

18 minutes ago, 0114 said:

Funnily enough he’s just started following Talleres FC on Instagram & also the journalist who is positing updates about the transfer. 

98FA0721-B372-40FA-B44B-A61DD94072A4.jpeg

Talleres record of sacking managers is mad - 125 Managers in their 108 year history. Most managers don't last a year. He'd be mad to move over their for a manager. 

Just now, owlerton said:

Talleres record of sacking managers is mad - 125 Managers in their 108 year history. Most managers don't last a year. He'd be mad to move over their for a manager. 

You think he’s just moving for a manager? I think that’s his way in, but I doubt he cares if Caixinha gets the boot personally!

It’s an unreal opportunity that doesn’t come up for many British players. It’s no mugs league down there.

This “transfer” saga has got a whiff of the Forestieri’s about it.

We shouldn’t let either Windass or the Argentinians take us for a ride, but we should get rid as soon as we can force a half decent fee. All up front too.

My main question about the Windass bids isn’t the amount but more the structure of the deal. How much of it is paid upfront? How much is guaranteed and how much is dependent on his performance and the performances of the club. 1m or 1.5m looks good on paper but are unlikely to be as straightforward as that. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Swfcsi said:

Seen some people saying the latest bid is £1.5 million if do we should be snapping there hands off for sombody who only played 8 games last season 

A reasonable bid TBH. 

An amount which would possibly buy Stockley, Tucker, for example, in view of likely fees/compensation. 

I get the desire to keep Windass, a good player at this level, but if we have aspirations of being a sustainable club, there is an argument to sell and reinvest in 2 or more new players. 

If Chansiri wants to keep him AND invest, happy days. Otherwise, understand and support any decision to sell and reinvest.

• Like 1

Windass is obviously keen on the move, you don’t send your reps for talks and start following the club and journos on Instagram if you aren’t bothered. Just get the feeling Wednesday are being played a bit here by player and club, all too public from their end but nothing official about the actual offers received. Chansiri will have a (overinflated) value on him and it’s up to them to meet it. If Windass wants the move that badly why not hand in a transfer request?

14 minutes ago, Swfcsi said:

Seen some people saying the latest bid is £1.5 million if do we should be snapping there hands off for sombody who only played 8 games last season 

Fair bid for someone with a year left on his contract....he could sign a pre-contract in January and then get 'injured' so we get very little back

Take it if it includes anything around £1m up front 

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, 0114 said:

You think he’s just moving for a manager? I think that’s his way in, but I doubt he cares if Caixinha gets the boot personally!

It’s an unreal opportunity that doesn’t come up for many British players. It’s no mugs league down there.

I'd agree with that. i personally see it as a gamble though, he's possibly a managerial sacking away from ending up on the scrapheap. 

Edited by owlerton

Wouldn’t want to keep a player who wants out according to 2 different sources on top of that he now follows them on Instagram. 

Eventually we need to compromise and agree to a decent fee for a player who doesn’t want to be here. I would settle for £1.5m on a player who wants out to reinvest on players who want to be in. 

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, Swfcsi said:

It's not that what worrys me windass wanted out of Wigan and there fans said his attitude stunk just hope he don't do it here if reports are true he wants the move , good shout on the stockley and tucker bit ..

That's a good point which nobody knows. I've always been an advocate of letting unhappy players leave and maximising financial return. 

However, at this moment no murmurings that's he is unsettled, although social media antics may be indicative of a changing mentality. 

Sure we'll find out in the next week or so.