£1 million bid for Josh Windass submitted to SWFC

6 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

At the end of the day when we say 'we' miss out on the million, we don't. DC is the one who will miss out on the cash and it's his decision, probably after advice sought from the manager, to sell or not. 

If it is a million that would have been added to our transfer kitty or wage budget, then We missed out on the million.

• Like 3

If we've turned the offer down then two things need to happen. 1) fans have to get behind Windass now and support him to get us up next season and 2) Josh needs to stop winding the fans up on twitter with crpyic tweets and button pushing

• Like 2

1 hour ago, S26 Owl said:

If we've turned the offer down then two things need to happen. 1) fans have to get behind Windass now and support him to get us up next season and 2) Josh needs to stop winding the fans up on twitter with crpyic tweets and button pushing

There lies a problem, some fans won't let it go now.

• Like 1

I’m sure there are a few Championship clubs who would take a punt on Windass. If we are prepared to let him go for a mill I’m sure a few teams might be tempted to shell out a bit more. I’ve always liked Windass as a player but if he wants away to either play abroad or at a higher level then I can’t see it making sense to stop him. A mill goes quite a long way in L1….

5 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

I’m surprised that he wants to go to Argentina. He’s got about as much culture as George Whitebread ffs ? 

It’s a great opportunity for him to be fair. Talleres are 3rd in the Argentinian top flight and through to the knockout stages of the Copa Libertadores (South American Champions League)

Player gets a good move with no chance of him scoring against us next season, club gets more money than we paid for him which we can use to invest in players who will hopefully start more than 4 games next season, job’s a good un

13 hours ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Gobsmacked that fans want to sell out best players how will this advanced the club?

I don’t know.  Shall we ask Southampton or Ajax?  Seems to work fine.  

Unless they’re a Man City type with endless funds,  selling players and reinvesting the money sensibly is exactly how clubs should operate.  
A long history of turning down offers and holding on to injury prone players who contribute nothing for too long is part of the reason Wednesday never do progress.  

• Like 3

Just now, Lee A said:

I don’t know.  Shall we ask Southampton or Ajax?  Seems to work fine.  

Unless they’re a Man City type with endless funds,  selling players and reinvesting the money sensibly is exactly how clubs should operate.  
A long history of turning down offers and holding on to injury prone players who contribute nothing for too long is part of the reason Wednesday never do progress.  

Ajax, Southampton and Man City are shopping in the best shops,  we are kicking about in the gutter they can even take a gamble on a few players.  We can buy and pay three youngsters with 1m, I would say that we would be lucky to get one  decent player out of the deal.  Windass is a proven player with a decent scoring record.  Why take a unnecessary gamble?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, malek said:

If it is a million that would have been added to our transfer kitty or wage budget, then We missed out on the million.

Yes but you've still got a decent asset. Problem with having cash is you can't be certain the players you bring in will improve the promotion push. We certainly have wasted money in the past. It's a very tough call for DC, yet whatever he decides will be wrong in some people's eyes.

• Like 1

£1 million pound for an injury prone 29 year old 3rd division footballer in the last year of his contract 

its really a no brainer isnt it 

6 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Ajax, Southampton and Man City are shopping in the best shops,  we are kicking about in the gutter they can even take a gamble on a few players.  We can buy and pay three youngsters with 1m, I would say that we would be lucky to get one  decent player out of the deal.  Windass is a proven player with a decent scoring record.  Why take a unnecessary gamble?

Fair enough, can’t argue with most of that. 

but to me Windass himself is a gamble, his injury record isn’t great, he’ll most likely make 20 appearances in what is the final year of his contract anyway and as we’ve seen too many times at Wednesday, he then walks away for nothing.  

Definite sell for me.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lee A said:

Fair enough, can’t argue with most of that. 

but to me Windass himself is a gamble, his injury record isn’t great, he’ll most likely make 20 appearances in what is the final year of his contract anyway and as we’ve seen too many times at Wednesday, he then walks away for nothing.  

Definite sell for me.  

If the club believe that he's going to be a liability through injury then fair enough sell, the buying club will put him through his spaces before signing him.

Keep him and tell the Argies to shove their £1m where the sun doesn't shine, the Malvinas.

Get his fitness up and running for a starting place in April/May time next year, let him score 4 goals in his final 10 games and then he'll be fit again for another team to walk into on twice as much money.

But we'll have the glowing pride knowing he made ££££ from us and he gave it some on Twitter for us.