£1 million bid for Josh Windass submitted to SWFC

Rejecting the offer is a 1m gamble on promotion really isn’t it. We could re spend it on two players and i wouldn’t be against that as even if not as good as Windass it improves two areas. But as we’ve seen we will lose probably 10m at least next season at a guess, so if that was 9m because we sold Windass and didn’t go up but could show some examples to the EFL/the fans of bringing some funds in and good business sense then it’s questionable what is best. A tricky one.

Amazing that some of our fans blindly accept what the Chairman of some small Argentinian club says the offer is. He and the Talleres manager are negotiating through the press for their clubs advantage to put pressure on Wednesday to sell and you chumps go in hook line and sinker.

Lets see the money first. 

Edited by Nero
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Nero said:

Amazing that some of our fans blindly accept what the Chairman of some small Argentinian club says the offer is. He and the Talleres manager are negotiating through the press for their clubs advantage to put pressure on Wednesday to sell and you chumps go in hook line and sinker.

What pressure?   Do you think Chansiri is reading Owlstalk saying "oh poo, Wednesday fans want to sell him 'cos they think it's £1m?  The offer is only £150k.  What do I do?  WHAT DO I DO?  I'm under PRESSURE ARRGGHHH".

No-one on here has any influence about anything to do with anything or any one.  We're all nobodies.  We can discuss to our hearts content what's wrong with Wednesday/Football/the World and put it all bang to rights, but no-one is listening to us because we're nobodies, and nothing will change based on discussions on a message board.

No-one gives a fizz whether someone from an online forum who has a username based on his favourite teddy bear's favourite dessert 80 years ago is upset or angry.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Just now, Manwë said:

What pressure?   Do you think Chansiri is reading Owlstalk saying "oh poo, Wednesday fans want to sell him 'cos they think it's £1m?  The offer is only £150k.  What do I do?  WHAT DO I DO?  I'm under PRESSURE ARRGGHHH".

No-one on here has any influence about anything to do with anything or any one.  We're all nobodies.  We can discuss to our hearts content what's wrong with Wednesday/Football/the World and put it all bang to rights, but no-one is listening to us because we're nobodies, and nothing will change based on discussions on a message board.

No-one gives a fizz whether someone from an online forum who has a username based on his favourite teddy bear's favourite dessert 80 years ago is upset or angry.

OWLSTALK SORTED IT

• Haha 4

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, Manwë said:

I'm sorry, I'm not listening to you 😉

5 hours ago, Manwë said:

Keep him and tell the Argies to shove their £1m where the sun doesn't shine, the Malvinas.

Get his fitness up and running for a starting place in April/May time next year, let him score 4 goals in his final 10 games and then he'll be fit again for another team to walk into on twice as much money.

But we'll have the glowing pride knowing he made ££££ from us and he gave it some on Twitter for us.

Why would that happen?  If he does he usual he will play 30 odd games and score a few goals.  

1 hour ago, Nero said:

This. They’ve probably offered £80k, a nice steak, Juan Cobian mouse mat and a VHS copy of Evita. 

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, Manwë said:

Windass is allegedly wants to go there and The Star are reporting that they have offered £1m. They are the tactics. Repeating this  fantasy and then criticising Chansiri fir not taking the money is just nonsense.

18 minutes ago, Nero said:

Windass is allegedly wants to go there and The Star are reporting that they have offered £1m. They are the tactics. Repeating this  fantasy and then criticising Chansiri fir not taking the money is just nonsense.

Has he been quoted as saying that?  Not seen anything one way or the other.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

You don't agree personal terms if you don't want to move. I suppose we have to trust that the information is correct.

37 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

No. Its all through them.

The interest in Windass is confirmed by Talleres. Club president Andrés Fassi had an interview with Como Te Va, and corroborated that the pursuit is on for a summer transfer.

“We are in talks with an English player, who Pedro already had in Europe as a player, he wants to come and live the experience of Argentine football,” said Fassi.

That player is Josh Windass.

1 minute ago, Nero said:

No. Its all through them.

The interest in Windass is confirmed by Talleres. Club president Andrés Fassi had an interview with Como Te Va, and corroborated that the pursuit is on for a summer transfer.

“We are in talks with an English player, who Pedro already had in Europe as a player, he wants to come and live the experience of Argentine football,” said Fassi.

That player is Josh Windass.

Cheers or are they just saying that?  Cunning these Argie types.  

• Like 1

Just now, Inspector Lestrade said:

Cheers or are they just saying that?  Cunning these Argie types.  

Yes thats my point. Some fans are reacting to this BS as if its fact.

All of the comments have come from them.

We want him, he wants to come and weve offered a million.

Probably only the first is really true.

• Love 1

14 minutes ago, Nero said:

Yes thats my point. Some fans are reacting to this BS as if its fact.

All of the comments have come from them.

We want him, he wants to come and weve offered a million.

Probably only the first is really true.

100%,  Windass  hasn't, made his thoughts public, not that he would get into details, but he's not even giving any hints as to his thoughts about staying with, or leaving, the English Leagues in general, Wednesday specifically.

21 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Personally wouldn’t sell Windass unless we can guarantee a better replacement.

I highly doubt it. 

I get the logic, but we can probably get promoted from League One with players who aren't quite as good as Windass. He's a Championship standard player, really.

We came within 5 points of managing it last season, and that's without our best defensive midfielder or anything resembling a proper defence for half the season. 

If selling Windass allows us to bring in two or three top quality League One players in key positions, then that would be a decent deal.

• Like 6

On 29/05/2022 at 20:33, StudentOwl said:

Utter clown if true

You obviously know very little about running a business.

Let me know when you sell your house. I'll offer you 2/3rds it's value and see what you say to that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1