£1 million bid for Josh Windass submitted to SWFC

I can’t help but think that he only stayed last season on the proviso that if we didn’t go up he could leave. Just a case of us getting what we think he’s worth, not a stupid pie in the sky figure considering he’s in the last year of his contract.

Guest mrbluesky

I was just about to say how much the shirts in the adverts were looking better, then this beauty popped up!!!

7A77DB25-C74E-48B6-9F2A-DECC38C83F44.jpeg

2 hours ago, Ever the pessimist said:

Disagree with that. From what I understand (notably Jonathan Wilson in his excellent footballing history of Argentina) if you’re in your twenties and playing in Argentina you’re not up to much.

There’s great young talent looking to move to Europe, or 30 somethings returning from Europe. 

Yes he certainly won’t face top teams like he does here against the likes of forest green and morecombe.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 83owl said:

Yes he certainly won’t face top teams like he does here against the likes of forest green and morecombe.

Isn't morecombe what you request at the hairdressers? 

Anyway, one would assume that this club want to pay him a tidy sum to come and play for them and he gets on with his previous Rangers manager. 

If that's why he wants to move, then get the deal done and make sure we get a decent fee. 

He's a decent player, but we managed to get 85 points last season with him featuring in not many games. Appreciate he had some match winning moments - MK Dons, Plymouth at home, but still. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

11 minutes ago, 83owl said:

Again, my point wasn’t that league 1 is as good as the Argentinian top flight, but more that, although they’re a football mad country, their league is not a good standard.

1 minute ago, Ever the pessimist said:

Again, my point wasn’t that league 1 is as good as the Argentinian top flight, but more that, although they’re a football mad country, their league is not a good standard.

I doubt it will be much better than League 1. 

Perhaps a touch, but he won't be joining a top league with a host of world class players. The fact he's a potential big signing is pretty indicative of that. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, SiJ said:

I doubt it will be much better than League 1. 

Perhaps a touch, but he won't be joining a top league with a host of world class players. The fact he's a potential big signing is pretty indicative of that. 

Aye..I’m sure River Plate..Boca jnrs..Independiente etc would struggle to live with Wimbledon Forest Green Accrington etc..what a ridiculous comment garymegson

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The coach said:

Aye..I’m sure River Plate..Boca jnrs..Independiente etc would struggle to live with Wimbledon Forest Green Accrington etc..what a ridiculous comment garymegson

Well the team that finished third in the league are going all out to sign a Wednesday flop who played less than 10 games the season before. I mean that sounds like they’re either not very good or they have advisors that are in a similar league to Paxo. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, The coach said:

Yeah, bet you watch loads of Argentinian football. 

A few big names doesn't mean the division is awash with quality from top to bottom. Even someone as dense as you should be able to work that out.  

• Like 1

I’d jump at the chance to play in Argentina to be fair. Some historic clubs in that league. Not many English players do it.

To be fair if I was a footballer I’d take any opportunity to go play football in a foreign country. Why the feck not, you only live once. 

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I’d jump at the chance to play in Argentina to be fair. Some historic clubs in that league. Not many English players do it.

To be fair if I was a footballer I’d take any opportunity to go play football in a foreign country. Why the feck not, you only live once. 

Not blaming the lad if he fancies it, particularly if this club are offering him a good wage and signing on fee. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Yeah, bet you watch loads of Argentinian football. 

A few big names doesn't mean the division is awash with quality from top to bottom. Even someone as dense as you should be able to work that out.  

Argentinian outfits often win or get far in their equivalent of the CL or Europa comps..how far do you think Cambridge would get?? 🙈.".even sumbody as dence as me realises you are chatting outa yer rectum..quit while you are behind on this one...

3 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Or twice if you're James Bond lol

2 minutes ago, The coach said:

Argentinian outfits often win or get far in their equivalent of the CL or Europa comps..how far do you think Cambridge would get?? 🙈.".even sumbody as dence as me realises you are chatting outa yer rectum..quit while you are behind on this one...

Yep, still not picking up on the point that the entire division is unlikely to be awash with quality and top class players. A team are willing to stump up 1 million for a lad playing with us in League One...

I know you struggle with a lot of things (spelling being one), but still. 

Edited by SiJ
  • Haha 1

Just now, SiJ said:

Yep, still not picking up on the point that the entire division is unlikely to be awash with quality and top class players. A team are willing to stump up 1 million for a lad playing with us in League One...

I know you struggle with a lot of things (spelling being one), but still. 

They arnt stumping up anything...it’s not happening...as long as we don’t fall for this nonsense and give him a new contract..bout time we all moved on..and you could stop bein silly