SWFC SUMMER 2022 TRANSFER RUMOUR MEGATHREAD - in memory of Gurujuan

21 minutes ago, fpowl said:

I think he’s a good player and last year he was certainly effective and he’s on a free 

but that was his stand out career season 

maybe he’s just coming in to him prime or maybe it was a fluke 

he got 10 goals season before with Rotherham that was his third best year

and his second best year I think he got about 14 when he was at Swindon back in 2015 maybe 

I suppose what I’m saying is are a lot of fans judging smith on last season or his career

personally and take the goals out I think he’s exactly the kind of player we lack and need and will not only  enable us to play differently he will offer a danger from set pieces and a physical arial threat in play 

plus will help towards making us tighter at defending set pieces 

Added bonus he got 19 goals too 

Agreed, most especially the bit in bold.  Had we had that this season and maybe another aerially dominant CB I reckon there's a very good chance we'd have ended in the top 2

I’m not expecting anyone to hit 20 goals for us next season, new signing or not.

If we can have 3 or 4 players hit 10-15 goals then I’ll settle for that. Smith and Wilks would do this so they’d be decent signings IMO.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jim said:

I’m not expecting anyone to hit 20 goals for us next season, new signing or not.

If we can have 3 or 4 players hit 10-15 goals then I’ll settle for that. Smith and Wilks would do this so they’d be decent signings IMO.

Gregory would have easily got 20 last season had it not been for his injury lay off.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, WalthamOwl said:

Rejected 2 loan offers from Aberdeen and St Johnstone for Dawson. Stranger after just bringing a new number one in and also offering Wildsmith a contract. 

IMO Dawson will be given every chance to be Number 1 next season. Stockdale although the favourite is not guaranteed it. It's the vibe i got from his interview yesterday too.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Rejected 2 loan offers from Aberdeen and St Johnstone for Dawson. Stranger after just bringing a new number one in and also offering Wildsmith a contract. 

Most likely looking to sell if Wildsmith agrees new deal. Loan spell has put him in shop window. I thought he'd be number one this season before we signed Stockdale

13 minutes ago, s29wfc said:

Gregory would have easily got 20 last season had it not been for his injury lay off.

All depends how many games he plays but you could say that about all the forwards in our squad next season.

29 minutes ago, Jim said:

I think Byers has the potential to be a 10+ goals man if fit 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

I could mean Wildsmith has indicated that he's not signing, in which case Dawson will be needed for back up.

If Wildsmith does sign we'll then make a decision later in the transfer window for one of Dawson or Wildsmith to go out on loan.

4 hours ago, Tony Pulis said:

Is there anyone thats not been down ground for talks according to you.

There is quite a few players mentioned on here that have definitely not been down to the ground for talks !!#uto 

Just now, Beauchief Owl said:

Wildsmith has reportedly turned down his contract offer and is leaving the club. All the best for the future Joe.

Not surprised, or disappointed.

Good luck for the future, hope he goes somewhere and plays regular football.

1 hour ago, Swfcsi said:

Holds the play up puts the ball out wide and hangs about the box ,hes hooper's double 

Hooper came short, built up play, was very good with his back to goal, and timed his runs into the box.

Gregory is all about his work in the box and hitting the front post.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

Wildsmith has reportedly turned down his contract offer and is leaving the club. All the best for the future Joe.

Bet he was only offered a one year contract which I can understand him wanting to leave for first team football...   I wonder if we will look to get someone else in to allow Dawson to go out on loan or if Dawson will have to stay and be No2

18 minutes ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

Millwall are now favourites to sign Newcastle teen Elliot Anderson ahead of Bristol Rovers and Sheffield Wednesday

Elliot Anderson is a wanted man following his sensational season on loan for Bristol Rovers.

shame that. Sounds a very talented player. Would have really liked him here.