SWFC SUMMER 2022 TRANSFER RUMOUR MEGATHREAD - in memory of Gurujuan

52 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

How do you know we wouldn’t have been in league one like ?  Big call that if ur suggesting he had been financially prudent from the off we could’ve fetched in a load of low earning players and easily got relegated  ?? 

For a start we wouldn't have had to sell the stadium. 

Club financially managed correctly , selling as well as buying, etc 

If you throw a load of money at it and it doesn't work as we can testify then you end up in the brown stuff. 

Sadly DC was pretty clueless about running a football club. He is now playing catch up.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Screen Door Slams said:

I may be wrong , but , our first two signings may suggest that we are working under a more stringent wage bill.

I hope you are wrong, I don't want to be entertained by lesser players than we are capable of attracting.  (No offence to the players, it's the principle).  We need to be attracting better players than last season if that can be done by offering lower wages than all well and good but I doubt thats the case.     

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Mick70 said:

No way will hector sign for us , he’ll have plenty of options in the league above ? Pity can’t see it happening? Dean we might have a chance if Brum decide to let him go early to get him off wage bill and he wants to come here? Gibson I can see us going for again, but although he looked half decent he’s had injuries at wotever club he’s been at and id steer clear now ? Beevers is one that we might go for but although he’d do a job he’s in his 30s and yet more older legs? Guess we’ll see 

How many games has Hector played in the past 3 years, and how well has he played?... Both factors that may restrict his appeal to championship teams 

24 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

I hope you are wrong, I don't want to be entertained by lesser players than we are capable of attracting.  (No offence to the players, it's the principle).  We need to be attracting better players than last season if that can be done by offering lower wages than all well and good but I doubt thats the case.     

The only person who knows the budget is DC and financially we are still unclear where his money comes from!

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

Surely that needs further investigation.. how can someone be happy in Rotherham?

Stacey Dooley investigates next Monday on bbc 1

Well they are in the Championship for a start so they will be happy about that.lol

6 hours ago, Owl said:

Really !! lol I think you need to take a long look in the mirror mate ! #uto 

Just did. I’m a handsome fellow!!  Seriously though, all this ‘he’s been down to the training ground stuff’ is wearing a bit thin’ especially when it’s obviously not true.

Edited by Owlabroad2001
  • Like 2