SWFC SUMMER 2022 TRANSFER RUMOUR MEGATHREAD - in memory of Gurujuan

18 minutes ago, CalmJimmers said:

Following on from the free agent post, here are a list of players in the last year of contract that could be gettable and at a decent price. Not saying they would be stand outs but could be decent value for money.:-

CB

Jordan Thorniley (25, Blackpool) - Yes that Jordan Thorniley. Did well in a loan spell with Oxford last year, and looks like he did well back at Blackpool towards the end of the season. One-year option to extend just taken but could come at a cut price. Could do well at LCB.

Ryan Edwards (28, Dundee Utd) - 4th highest in clearances and 6th highest in blocks in the SPL last year. 6ft 4, scores about 5 goals a season at this level.

Ryan Tafazolli (30, Wycombe) - Just a correction, put him down as an FA before but he still has a year left on his deal.

RB/RWB

Jason McCarthy (26, Wycombe Wanderers) - involved in about 6 goals a season at this level.

Chris Cadden (25, Hibs) - averages an assist every 4 games at L1. 

Peter Kioso (22, Luton) - Scored 5 goals and had 6 assists last time he was in L1.

LB/LWB

Cameron Borthwick-Jackson (25, Burton Albion) - Came through at Man Utd. Liked him when I saw him. Tall at 6ft 2.

CM

Ethan Hamilton (23, Accrington Stanley) - 6ft 1, came from Man Utds academy, scored 6 goals last year.

AM

George Thomas (25, QPR) - Gets about 9 goals on average a season in L1.

CF

Tyler Walker (25, Coventry) - Averages 19 goal involvements a season at L1.

Ryan Hardie (25, Plymouth) - 6ft 1, scored 16 goals last year. Involved in about 19 goals a year at L1.

James Collins (31, Cardiff) - Averages 19 goals a season at L1 level. 6ft 1.

Looking from the outside in, Hardie at Plymouth seems a good player. 

Still under contract and Plymouth don't want to sell to League 1 competitors.

Him and Camara good signings for someone if available. 

• Like 1

Agree Telford is a player I’d take a chance on, i liked him a lot when I saw him play for Plymouth ,  Unfortunately another one I could see rocking up at Franchsie FC and bagging 20 + and sold on for profit 

2 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Agree Telford is a player I’d take a chance on, i liked him a lot when I saw him play for Plymouth ,  Unfortunately another one I could see rocking up at Franchsie FC and bagging 20 + and sold on for profit 

I'd personally love us to sign someone like Woodrow, May or Smith but I'd still like us to take a gamble on a lower level player or some younger players. Anderson would be an exciting signing if it happens. But we need to sign some players with potential to improve and with some potential resale value, in order to progress both on and off the pitch. 

• Like 1

I remember a couple of seasons back Att Chansiri started randomly following Dom Telford on Instagram, when he was a bit part player at Plymouth, and somebody said we'd signed him because of it, people going mad because they'd never heard of him......should get Att scouting our players, do a better job than stuffing boy!

1 hour ago, Mick70 said:

Tucker to mk done deal ….we must have our eye on someone else 

Maybe Heneghan and Dean on frees and Gibson back on loan?

Hopefully whatever we’re doing we are being wise with our money.  If we can get the mentioned players in and Woodrow and Camara for nominal fees it’s probably good business. 

Still hope we have our eye on younger players, even if it’s just on loan.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Southie_Owl said:

Hopefully whatever we’re doing we are being wise with our money.  If we can get the mentioned players in and Woodrow and Camara for nominal fees it’s probably good business. 

Big Hec would be nice 

1 hour ago, Southie_Owl said:

No inside knowledge but think we might be in for Caleb Taylor at West Brom 

Captain of their under 23s, centre half who just pushed through to first team. Reports saying they want him out on loan next season 

5 minutes ago, El Toro said:

With Iorfa and Heneghan our only recognised CBs I’d like to think we’d still be in for another 3 if we are playing 3-5-2 predominantly next season. One of those really needs to be left-footed too for balance.

Who do we think they will be?

Dean and Gibson, With Brennan and Palmer in the wings too

10 minutes ago, fudge27 said:

Dean and Gibson, With Brennan and Palmer in the wings too

Wouldn't surprise me. 

Although highly likely that Iorfa, Gibson would be missing for a large part of the season and Dean too maybe. 

We'd then be looking at a first (and only) choice back 3 of Brennan, Heneghan and Palmer.

Good enough players, but it's a bold decision to place reliance on players with such poor recent injury records. 

• Like 1