SWFC SUMMER 2022 TRANSFER RUMOUR MEGATHREAD - in memory of Gurujuan

1 hour ago, fpowl said:

Big Hec would be an outstanding signing but I’d also imagine it’s nothing but I pipe dream for some fans 

no chance he drops to league one I think

9 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

no chance he drops to league one I think

No there isn't. Aside from the fact he is way too good, his wage at Fulham was astronomical. 

Admittedly, he will be taking a pay cut  wherever he goes but as we couldn't compete when we were in the championship, unlikely now in L1. 

• Thanks 1

No way will hector sign for us , he’ll have plenty of options in the league above ? Pity can’t see it happening? Dean we might have a chance if Brum decide to let him go early to get him off wage bill and he wants to come here? Gibson I can see us going for again, but although he looked half decent he’s had injuries at wotever club he’s been at and id steer clear now ? Beevers is one that we might go for but although he’d do a job he’s in his 30s and yet more older legs? Guess we’ll see 

17 minutes ago, Screen Door Slams said:

I may be wrong , but , our first two signings may suggest that we are working under a more stringent wage bill.

It's only took him 7 years to learn.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Screen Door Slams said:

I may be wrong , but , our first two signings may suggest that we are working under a more stringent wage bill.

Well yea lge1 will do that to any club isn’t there a sort of wage cap or ffp involved with wages 

24 minutes ago, mogbad said:

It's only took him 7 years to learn.

You say this , and i totally get it  but then it’s annoying when you think we’ll prob miss out Vaulks and can’t compete for likes of Hector because we don’t pay big ,  double edged sword isn’t it 

3 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

You say this , and i totally get it  but then it’s annoying when you think we’ll prob miss out Vaulks and can’t compete for likes of Hector because we don’t pay big ,  double edged sword isn’t it 

Absolutely 

20 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

If DC had been financially prudent  in the beginning we would not be in a financial mess or in league 1. Paying the price of financial mismanagement now.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Asio otus said:

If DC had been financially prudent  in the beginning we would not be in a financial mess or in league 1. Paying the price of financial mismanagement now.

How do you know we wouldn’t have been in league one like ?  Big call that if ur suggesting he had been financially prudent from the off we could’ve fetched in a load of low earning players and easily got relegated  ?? 

Looks like reading in same position we was in last year? Frees and loans only ? So if they even sell joao can’t go out and buy a replacement? They might decide to stick with him rather than sell hoping he scores enough to keep them up this coming season. So might not get any money this season from them 

Another name that popped up on my scouting list of players released from Premier League club's development squads and academies.

I'm talking about ex Crystal Palace and Northern Ireland defensive midfielder Aidan Steele. 19 years old who captained very, very strong Crystal Palace U-18's side and did really well whenever I've seen him play. Strong in the tackle and cultured on the ball He looks like a player capable of playing at this level right now. Nya Kirby and George McEachran on the list of released PL2 midfielders, but Steele is lot younger than both and would ask for far lower wages. Could prove as a right steal for club wise enough to gamble on him. 

For those interested in watching him play you can by clicking on the link posted below:

Crystal Palace U18 vs Aston Villa U18

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Swfcsi said:

I thought the same about Dean ,Storey , Gregory and Bannan staying 

Complete different 

gregory 33 and from Sheffield 

bannan already contracted to club and us our captain 

other two was loans and are still championship players 

3 hours ago, Screen Door Slams said:

Our & DCs expectations for next season, may have to adjust downward too 

Lowering the budget and finishing higher in the table, is possible. But it shouldn't be expected imo