SWFC SUMMER 2022 TRANSFER RUMOUR MEGATHREAD - in memory of Gurujuan

2 hours ago, Teddy Nickelarse said:

Yes totally see your point in your first paragraph. 

Regarding your second; obviously autos is the ambition but it cannot be guaranteed. This is just my opinion and I know it will be opposed by many but if the real risk of missing out meant we were back to square one with even less money and a paucity of playing and/or saleable assets then that leaves me cold. I get what your saying and totally respect your opinion, and certainly how you express it, but it's  fundamentally at odds with mine.

With regards to Dele, I thought that he showed real improvement last season and its quite feasible that he may make similar forward  strides next season. He offers something that no other player on the books mirrors. Adeniran is the nearest but without the power. Dele has played the vast majority of his games with us as a 19/20 year old. His performance against MKD was terrific and showed a window into what he might develop into. Next season as a 21/22 year old will be very interesting in terms of what he brings to the party. I wouldn't be loaning him out personalty. 

I get what your saying and Dele for me is what I think we as a club need to look at I think we are if I’m not mistaken on the same page 

the point I make is Dele for me in his raw size athleticism etc for his age looks like he can go on and have a huge impact or saleable asset. I suppose I see him in Similar brackets to Antonio, Barkley, wickham, joao etc. You just see a young player and you think they are going to do well maybe not so much yet but they have age on their side 

the difference between Dele and the others I mention is the others parents club loaned them out to develop so it didn’t hinder or compromise their first team.

Can they come in and do a job - yes 

can they Sustain it over 40 plus games and the club still meet its ambition on promotion I’m not sure 

hindsight would have me loan Dele out a bit like cammy last year and see how he fairs up 

would we have missed him too much? I don’t think so 

would he have benefited from more games and Is know more about his level and developed more? Yes I think so 

I applauded the club last year for getting more players out on loan I think this Is the way forward unfortunately I don’t think we have many players tapping on the door for first team starting roles yet 

Dele is arguably one of those 

my point is how much game time do we think Dele will get? That’s not a critism. However if we get promoted and then step up a level and not utilised him too much as a real first team regular starter where does that leave him?

out on loan? He’s at the age where that could still be a benefit. 

but would that mean this is a somewhat stagnant season for him 

I use him as an example as I think he out of our squad is the one currently we could go on and get huge value for money for or be an outstanding player for us but again that’s currently based on potential not current and are we holding is development back on his current role with us or comprising a first team shirt?

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Barnsleyowl1996 said:

Wonder who’s next . Wilks / vaulks ? Tucker ? Smith ? 

Wilks is my guess 

I have a feeling that’s agreed or pretty much agreed 

other three still a way to go 

think If we are in for vaulks and smith too they will be taking their time and talking to a few clubs they won’t be short of championship offers especially smith at his age 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Barnsleyowl1996 said:

Hope that’s true I think he’d be a cracking striker .

smith

Gregory 

Windass

wilks

Fantastic options + few others 

I’d be over the moon with this. If you add Paterson and Sow as cover that is an excellent six options at this level. There is also the possibility of Cadamateri getting a few games as well.

• Like 1

Smith would be a fantastic signing if it could be done, he lives in Barnsley so he wouldn't have to uproot his family but I'm not so sure if his wages would be a problem depending on which championship clubs may be after him, plus the Rotherham fans bought him an Alan Shearer signed shirt and he knows the rivalry etc so that may sway him unless of course the contract is to good to refuse. 

7 hours ago, Mighty Quinn said:

Smith would be a fantastic signing if it could be done, he lives in Barnsley so he wouldn't have to uproot his family but I'm not so sure if his wages would be a problem depending on which championship clubs may be after him, plus the Rotherham fans bought him an Alan Shearer signed shirt and he knows the rivalry etc so that may sway him unless of course the contract is to good to refuse. 

Money talks 

35 minutes ago, Mick70 said:

Money talks 

It does indeed. It’s a short career and he will go where the money is. I would suggest if he’s got a bigger offer and it’s championship then that’s where he will go. 

1 hour ago, Mick70 said:

Money talks 

Money might well talk, but it isn’t everything.

If we offered £x and a good chance of playing most games, would that be a better offer overall compared to, for example £x +10% and a back up role at the Pigs? Or better than £x +15% and the upheaval of a move to say Bristol C?

Only the individual knows the value of stability in their home life and playing regularly which presumably we’d be offering.

Then again, perhaps Smith would be happy to take a pay cut to get away from Barnsley?

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Tamworthowl said:

Money might well talk, but it isn’t everything.

If we offered £x and a good chance of playing most games, would that be a better offer overall compared to, for example £x +10% and a back up role at the Pigs? Or better than £x +15% and the upheaval of a move to say Bristol C?

Only the individual knows the value of stability in their home life and playing regularly which presumably we’d be offering.

Then again, perhaps Smith would be happy to take a pay cut to get away from Barnsley?

He’ll go where it suits him, whether that be financially cus likely this will be his last big move, or like you said other reasons? Modern footballers are mercenaries they usually go where the money is! Let’s hope he not that way inclined and he’ll choose to come here not uproot his family and play a big part in our seasons? We’ll soon see

6 minutes ago, Mick70 said:

He’ll go where it suits him, whether that be financially cus likely this will be his last big move, or like you said other reasons? Modern footballers are mercenaries they usually go where the money is! Let’s hope he not that way inclined and he’ll choose to come here not uproot his family and play a big part in our seasons? We’ll soon see

Probably the longest contract will win his signature. 2 year deal with another yr option would swing it.