SWFC SUMMER 2022 TRANSFER RUMOUR MEGATHREAD - in memory of Gurujuan

1 hour ago, McRightSide said:

For me the contract one is quite simple.

Agree a contract by June 30 or shake hands and move on.

Don't care if its NML, Luongo or the Dalai Lama

Generally agree,  however I'd be disappointed if they sat out the first 10 days of pre season while their treamates are busting their balls on the training pitch preparing for the new season. 

For me, the deadline should be Monday.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

Peterborough United are in negotiations to cancel Mark Beevers’ contract, Barry Fry has revealed, with four clubs interested in recruiting the centre-back this summer.

Solves a left sided CB problem, but I'd prefer some younger legs back there, particularly if we are still interested in Dean. 

4 minutes ago, striker said:

Solves a left sided CB problem, but I'd prefer some younger legs back there, particularly if we are still interested in Dean. 

Bring back Marlon Broomes .................... reyt sweeper.................... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

45 minutes ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

Sheffield Wednesday, Ipswich Town and Portsmouth are all keen on Barnsley’s 27-year-old striker Cauley Woodrow, it has been reported.

Would be a top signing for us that — really rate him as a player and think he’d fit in well with how we play, and it’d weaken the Dingles who you’d expect would also be aiming for promotion 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, striker said:

No idea what the story says, not wasting money. But based on the headline, a shame.

Doesn't appear from previous reports we went too strongly for him, wonder who we have in mind instead?

Shame about that one. It’s the sort of deal we never do and clubs like MK will and then sell on for a decent profit. What a back 3 they have this season with Darling, O’Hora & Tucker 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, 0114 said:

Shame about that one. It’s the sort of deal we never do and clubs like MK will and then sell on for a decent profit. What a back 3 they have this season with Darling, O’Hora & Tucker 

Agreed. Surely we could have competed with McDons. 

I'm happy with our recruitment to date, but this lad is a good player at a good age with bags of potential.

I'll reserve judgement until our business is done, but do think we need to start looking at players for next season and beyond, not purely focusing on the ultra short term (although I accept promotion is a necessity)

18 minutes ago, striker said:

Agreed. Surely we could have competed with McDons. 

I'm happy with our recruitment to date, but this lad is a good player at a good age with bags of potential.

I'll reserve judgement until our business is done, but do think we need to start looking at players for next season and beyond, not purely focusing on the ultra short term (although I accept promotion is a necessity)

Apparently they are prepared to lose Darling this Summer and they identified Tucker as his replacement. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, striker said:

that explains it then. 

Regular problem teams north of Milton Keynes have unfortunately.

Really need to be forging links with Leeds, forest, Manchester teams to overcome this.

• Like 1

Barnsley just signed Luca Connell from Celtic. Typical low risk high reward type of player they tend to sign who should improve their first team squad straight away and got good chance of further improving himself and earning them good money in the future.

• Like 3

On 16/06/2022 at 15:13, PTLiam said:

I think Byers has the potential to be a 10+ goals man if fit 

And bannan in if he plays that more advanced / free role he did from second half of the season 

• Like 1

Following on from the free agent post, here are a list of players in the last year of contract that could be gettable and at a decent price. Not saying they would be stand outs but could be decent value for money.:-

CB

Jordan Thorniley (25, Blackpool) - Yes that Jordan Thorniley. Did well in a loan spell with Oxford last year, and looks like he did well back at Blackpool towards the end of the season. One-year option to extend just taken but could come at a cut price. Could do well at LCB.

Ryan Edwards (28, Dundee Utd) - 4th highest in clearances and 6th highest in blocks in the SPL last year. 6ft 4, scores about 5 goals a season at this level.

Ryan Tafazolli (30, Wycombe) - Just a correction, put him down as an FA before but he still has a year left on his deal.

RB/RWB

Jason McCarthy (26, Wycombe Wanderers) - involved in about 6 goals a season at this level.

Chris Cadden (25, Hibs) - averages an assist every 4 games at L1. 

Peter Kioso (22, Luton) - Scored 5 goals and had 6 assists last time he was in L1.

LB/LWB

Cameron Borthwick-Jackson (25, Burton Albion) - Came through at Man Utd. Liked him when I saw him. Tall at 6ft 2.

CM

Ethan Hamilton (23, Accrington Stanley) - 6ft 1, came from Man Utds academy, scored 6 goals last year.

AM

George Thomas (25, QPR) - Gets about 9 goals on average a season in L1.

CF

Tyler Walker (25, Coventry) - Averages 19 goal involvements a season at L1.

Ryan Hardie (25, Plymouth) - 6ft 1, scored 16 goals last year. Involved in about 19 goals a year at L1.

James Collins (31, Cardiff) - Averages 19 goals a season at L1 level. 6ft 1.

• Like 1