SWFC SUMMER 2022 TRANSFER RUMOUR MEGATHREAD - in memory of Gurujuan

1 minute ago, Willow Owl said:

Then who do you sign if not proven league one players?

Gambling in hope, Really ?

Tell you what makes sense. Give the manager time to develop our academy while building a team to get out of this league. Signing proven players at this level will help us get out of this league quicker. Signing kids on the basis of hope is more foolish than our previous transfer blunders.

Theres a balance to be found and giving a manager time is paramount to this working. 

Question for you. If this transfer approach is designed to perhaps give DM the time to improve the Academy/Scouting, do you think he’ll get it because as much as I’d like to see him get the time,  sadly I don’t think he will?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Incredible scenes.

Slightly concerned about average age of the squad. And I do question the motivation of players who have clearly come here for a final big pay day before hanging up their boots.

But if they’re willing to give their all and show the quality they did last season, will be huge for us. 

I do think they will be coming here with the right motivation.

Wages will play a part, but I also believe that some players would prefer to be part of a SWFC promotion push rather than a Rotherham relegation battle.

Just now, SiJ said:

I do think they will be coming here with the right motivation.

Wages will play a part, but I also believe that some players would prefer to be part of a SWFC promotion push rather than a Rotherham relegation battle.

Basically it just shows how utterly poo it must be playing for Rotherham.

lol

2 minutes ago, Willow Owl said:

Then who do you sign if not proven league one players?

Gambling in hope, Really ?

Tell you what makes sense. Give the manager time to develop our academy while building a team to get out of this league. Signing proven players at this level will help us get out of this league quicker. Signing kids on the basis of hope is more foolish than our previous transfer blunders.

Theres a balance to be found and giving a manager time is paramount to this working. 

Point is that you need to sign mix of both, experience players that should guarantee results at this level and younger players that should bring money to the club. If you think that our transfer policy is one of a balanced approach (or that it had been for God knows how long) than you are wrong. Just look at squads of teams that got promoted from this league and did well in the Championship without spending fortune to do so and compare them with ours. Perhaps even more important question is how You think We will fall in line with a FFP if we are spending big money on wages and signing on fees and not earning it through players sales ?!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Guest Willow Owl
6 minutes ago, Jim said:

Question for you. If this transfer approach is designed to perhaps give DM the time to improve the Academy/Scouting, do you think he’ll get it because as much as I’d like to see him get the time,  sadly I don’t think he will?

I suppose that depends on the success we have as team this season. There has clearly been a reset at the club and so far D.C. is backing his manager and letting him make the plans.

Fingers crossed it all works out this year, I am pretty confident of getting promoted this year. 

15 minutes ago, fpowl said:

Could be a complete different formation by the time we have finished and I fully expect that forward line or attacking options to change before we are done maybe another three players 

with just rumours who was it wilks and the lad from Newcastle Anderson? 

the formations could be endless 

5695BDCD-DDD7-4F41-AA4A-334917528ABF.jpeg

DEE8BD5B-7887-40D7-9536-87B691189B74.jpeg

BC69DC72-FDB8-4254-A6AC-8418BCED373F.jpeg

0BF70D09-782F-40BB-B437-6E38B7858FB2.jpeg

3 4 1 2 with windass behind Gregory and smith. Johnson and Wilks our wide...goals galore 

15 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Incredible scenes.

Slightly concerned about average age of the squad. And I do question the motivation of players who have clearly come here for a final big pay day before hanging up their boots.

But if they’re willing to give their all and show the quality they did last season, will be huge for us. 

Me too. On his question and answer session earlier today Dom Howson said he expected 2 or 3 incoming loans later in the window. I would hope these might be younger players from the Premier or Championship.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The only way is S6 said:

Currently 13/2 second favourites to win league, behind Ipswich.

Apologies if already mentioned (cant be bothered to look back through the thread).

But Ipswich have signed John-Jules on a season long loan from Arsenal. 

The only concern I have is that Iorfa, Heneghan and Ihieke are all poor on the ball.

That is no problem at all for League One. You didn’t see Rotherham, Wigan or Wycombe Messing about with it at the back last season.

However, if Moore still insists on the keeper going short from every goal kick, then it’ll become a major problem.

Hutch, Storey, Dean & Palmer all comfortable with it. Those three definitely are not.

5 minutes ago, JemmoJemoJemmo said:

The only concern I have is that Iorfa, Heneghan and Ihieke are all poor on the ball.

That is no problem at all for League One. You didn’t see Rotherham, Wigan or Wycombe Messing about with it at the back last season.

However, if Moore still insists on the keeper going short from every goal kick, then it’ll become a major problem.

Hutch, Storey, Dean & Palmer all comfortable with it. Those three definitely are not.

how do we know Rotherham lad isn’t ? Iorfa was decent tbh but last season passing went off the boil . I do think we will sign another cb or 2 anyway 

35 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Incredible scenes.

I wouldn’t say final pay day it might be a little harsh 

let’s be right Rotherham pay peanuts 

this for the two Rotherham lads joining us is there last contract before the contracts get smaller and shorter so it’s arguably their biggest contract to sign of their career 

neither of them need to uproot their family 

they are joining a club that is well supported and will have every ambition to not only be successful but steam ahead from the club they are joining 

whilst they have been at Rotherham they have yo-yo,d between the divisions whilst we was in the championship playoffs this could be seen as us getting back to where we was after our embargo’s 

I understand why but you only need to see how smith plays and if he plays like he’s always done and grafts for his team I don’t mind that as a final payday 

these players are not on the decline they are very much in their prime 

These players really add to what we lacked last year 

we’re making some good strong early free signings in my opinion 

I’m pretty excited to see how the final squad looks 

We’ve not even finished yet or scratch the loan market 

I wasn’t best pleased with releasing hutch thought he could do a job again this year 

and I thought luongo would be a big miss now in positively looking forward to how Moore has us set up and playing come the start of the season 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Barnsleyowl1996 said:

how do we know Rotherham lad isn’t ? Iorfa was decent tbh but last season passing went off the boil . I do think we will sign another cb or 2 anyway 

Read the Rotherham forums.

They all loved him and say great defender but abysmal on the ball.