SWFC SUMMER 2022 TRANSFER RUMOUR MEGATHREAD - in memory of Gurujuan

Starting to look a lot better. Still work to do, but impressed with our business so far.

Doesn't help the average age, but looks very strong already.

Stockdale (36)

Dawson (26)

Hunt (31)

Brennan (22)

Iorfa (26)

Heneghan (28)

Palmer (30)

Ihiewkwe (29)

Johnson (31)

Bannan (32)

Byers (26)

Adeniran (23)

Dele-Bashiru (21)

Vaulks (28)

Gregory (33)

Windass (28)

Paterson (27)

Smith (30)

Plus:

(Alex) Hunt (22)

Sow (25)

Brown (23)

Just now, WalthamOwl said:

We definitely seem to be signing more physical players. I really like that. Nothing worse than seeing Wednesday players bullied off the ball. Hopefully we will be the ones bullying. 

Heneghan isn’t no push over either, bit of a unit 

4 minutes ago, Swfcsi said:

How poo must your club be if you have a new stadium just got promoted and you still can't keep your best player from joining a league 1 side lol as blakey would say whooo this as made my day ..

Somewhere in Rotherham..."I hate you Wednesday"

OrnatePlumpJapanesebeetle-max-1mb.gif.26dd112b9935e2998ae642caa55fd074.gif

• Haha 5

Still think DM will go for Rayhaan Tulloch on loan from WBA,  could possibly compliment Smith and Gregory aswell 

We need a different option up there, someone rapid who can play off shoulder of last man 

1 hour ago, Royal_D said:

I’ve no clue what we’re paying,  but I’d be a bit concerned if it’s around that level , I’d rather we didn’t start chucking stupid money about as would point towards the owner learning absolutely nothing of his past mistakes 

In essence this is true but maybe it shows that DC is still pretty wealthy enough and keen to continue to bankroll the club?

Smith and Ihiewke might get us out of this league which of course is the priority but long term I doubt they’ll help us push on far enough but happy to be proven wrong.

• Like 2

Guest Willow Owl
3 minutes ago, Jim said:

Continuing to sign players with no re-sale value.

Players that are proven in this league, Players that don’t cost a lot, Players that will get us out of this league as quick as possible. 

We’re  in league 1, there aren’t many players that give you a decent resale value. Or would you happier for us to become a lower league feeder club. 

13 minutes ago, Jim said:

Continuing to sign players with no re-sale value.

Would be correct if we’d paid a fee for them.

of course there’s signing on fees and wages to consider. But really, signing two players of their pedigree for no transfer fee is great business even if they both leave for nowt in a few years.

• Like 4