SWFC SUMMER 2022 TRANSFER RUMOUR MEGATHREAD - in memory of Gurujuan

3 minutes ago, Willow Owl said:

Players that are proven in this league, Players that don’t cost a lot, Players that will get us out of this league as quick as possible. 

We’re  in league 1, there aren’t many players that give you a decent resale value. Or would you happier for us to become a lower league feeder club. 

Alrighty then. Haven’t we been here before? Signed players to get us out of League one then struggled to transition back to the championship then we’re back to square(league) one. Isn’t it time we tried to break this cycle after 22 f**king years and counting in the footballing wilderness? 😩

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, WorrallOwl17 said:

Stockdale

iorfa

heneghan

Ihiekwe

hunt

byers

vaulks

Bannan 

johnson 

smith

gregory

wow. And windass, Paterson, FDB, Denis, Palmer in the wings 

Be more signings so hard to say for sure . Also it won’t be that back 3 . I think we will sign a left footed cb . It will be between Iorfa henegan ihikiwe and anyone else then for the right and central positions of a back 3. 

Guest Willow Owl
2 minutes ago, Jim said:

Alrighty then. Haven’t we been here before? Signed players to get us out of League one then struggled to transition back to the championship then we’re back to square(league) one. Isn’t it time we tried to break this cycle after 22 f**king years and counting in the footballing wilderness? 😩

So, do we sign a load of youngsters and hope for the best? No guarantee that they will be good enough for league 1 or the championship, then what ?

The players we are signing are good solid players for this level and will give us a good chance, half of them will also hack it in the championship.
Let’s get out this league first then build in the championship.

Would be interested in your sustainable plan. 

1 hour ago, Royal_D said:

I’ve no clue what we’re paying,  but I’d be a bit concerned if it’s around that level , I’d rather we didn’t start chucking stupid money about as would point towards the owner learning absolutely nothing of his past mistakes 

Agreed, not that that age either but I am sceptical about some of the figures which will be inflated by Rotherhams side of the fence 

32 minutes ago, WorrallOwl17 said:

Stockdale

iorfa

heneghan

Ihiekwe

hunt

byers

vaulks

Bannan 

johnson 

smith

gregory

wow. And windass, Paterson, FDB, Denis, Palmer in the wings 

looks a solid team does that. However for me we are missing creativity in that 11. Also are Gregory and Smith to similar to play together? 

• Haha 2

Guest Willow Owl
1 minute ago, WalthamOwl said:

looks a solid team does that. However for me we are missing creativity in that 11. Also are Gregory and Smith to similar to play together? 

In my opinion it may be either of Gregory or Smith to partner Windass. Will be fascinating to see which way we go. 

7 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

29 and 30 years old

Thought we’d done good business up until now - I expected us to be getting some youth through the door

Hopefully coming next, starting with Wilks. We've now got an experienced core to our squad. I hope the icing on the cake is some younger players to add energy. 

Personally I dont mind prioritising experience. Would be a bit dissappointed if we didnt use this window to be a little more long term with our recruitment though by the time the window ends.

10 minutes ago, Willow Owl said:

So, do we sign a load of youngsters and hope for the best? No guarantee that they will be good enough for league 1 or the championship, then what ?

The players we are signing are good solid players for this level and will give us a good chance, half of them will also hack it in the championship.
Let’s get out this league first then build in the championship.

Would be interested in your sustainable plan. 

Scout and buy young players or invest heavily in our Youth Academy and then develop them into good first team players who can benefit either us as a club in the team or bringing in revenue to avoid the P&S pitfalls that we have fallen into. Other clubs have done it including near neighbours like United and Barnsley but as I said in an earlier post our fans won’t accept it as your posts in particular clearly show. Tell me I’m wrong. Forget that you already have 🤪

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, striker said:

Hopefully coming next, starting with Wilks. We've now got an experienced core to our squad. I hope the icing on the cake is some younger players to add energy. 

Personally I dont mind prioritising experience. Would be a bit dissappointed if we didnt use this window to be a little more long term with our recruitment though by the time the window ends.

Two crucial positions CB and CF and I'm pleased to getting proven players who've got promoted from this division recently.

Certainly I would like to see some younger players also brought in but so far we've had an excellent window and DC has really dug deep to support his manager.

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

29 and 30 years old

Thought we’d done good business up until now - I expected us to be getting some youth through the door

Big positive is (or at least it should be) that with so much experience and quality (for this level at least) throughout our squad is that it should allow us to develop youngsters currently at the club.

Even with promotion as an all important goal next season and with so many games to be played across 4 competitions We should be able to give some playing time to talented youngsters such as Cadamarteri, Shipston, Fusire, Charles and Hall and they should be able to learn a lot by training and playing with the likes of Bannan, Vaulkes, Gregory, Smith, Stockdale, etc...

• Like 3