SWFC SUMMER 2022 TRANSFER RUMOUR MEGATHREAD - in memory of Gurujuan

Can’t be bothered to find the post or poster that said contract offers weren’t made till last week.

I can categorically tell you that is 100% incorrect.

The club have to notify the EFL of their retained list, any player who is out of contract that has been offered a new deal has to be sent a registered mail contract offer (usually goes to the agent) and a copy has to be supplied to the league at the same time. This all had to be done by the 21st May 2022.

if anything has gone amiss with Mass then he needs to be asking his agent. Wouldn’t be the 1st time this has happened with a player.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, casbahowl said:

As mentioned in another thread, Luongo has only played in 66 of 138 league games in the 3 years he's been here ..... Even Hutch played more (73) over the same number of matches!

Mass has had 3 years of a top end championship contract, if the new one offered reflects his availability over those 3 years & estimated future availability & the division we're in then so be it!

Maybe our club have stopped being a pushover!

This. Always been the case that injured players get better the longer they are out. Mark Chamberlain was case in point. Darren Wood another.  

Loungo was decent, but we’ve upgraded with Vaulks. This league is as much about consistency and durability as it is ability. 

• Like 5

50 minutes ago, Teddy Nickelarse said:

Good post. Interesting. I must admit though that I thought I'd read that Hunt, Luongo, NML and Wildsmith had all been offered contracts a good while ago.... when the retained list was announced.

I hope that the club have acted appropriately. In the absence  of definitive evidence to the contrary I am at least pleased that things are being expedited in this shortened pre-season. Also it seems that we are cutting our cloth  more prudently than in the past.

I think when the club posted it they said the ones being retained will be offered contracts as opposed to have 

47 minutes ago, Mike Hunt said:

Same posters complaining that we have chucked silly contracts around now complaining the opposite 

Sounds to me the club are playing hard ball and rightly so 

Absolutely 

Unfortunately for Mass, I expect he’s not directly turned that contract down but was holding out for a better offer , clubs signed Vaulks and moved on in that timeframe

end of story really 

1 minute ago, striker said:

About time they used another club to better their contracts at Rotherham.

I don't like us being used as a stalking horse. 

I do hope we haven’t gone all in for Smith and Ihiekwe without a plan b.

Also,  it’s a bit daft to expect the club to keep Mass alongside Vaulks , Bannan , Byers , FDB and Adeniran 

Vaulks is a direct replacement 

Just now, 109Waddle said:

I do hope we haven’t gone all in for Smith and Ihiekwe without a plan b.

Agree. 

Do you know what, I'd much rather players who want to be here, rather than just here for the best financial deal they can get after whoring themselves around various clubs (and yes, I appreciate all.players chase the money, to an extent).

I'm more interested in signing Wilks than Smith TBH.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, 109Waddle said:

Ihiekwe feels like a rate long transfer saga and it only started on Monday night :laugh:

Hopefully resolved one way or another soon. I hope we aren’t being used as leverage. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 0114 said:

Ihiekwe feels like a rate long transfer saga and it only started on Monday night :laugh:

Hopefully resolved one way or another soon. I hope we aren’t being used as leverage. 

Of course we are ….as are Rotherham the other way round 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Beauchief Owl said:

True but TBH MK Dons really are a L1 side who have had a very short stay in the Championship. Are you sure you would like us to emulate them?

Weren't people saying the same thing a few years ago about Brentford and look where they are now.

we need a sustainable club and currently we are not bringing rising talent to develop, instead we are looking more like a dads army.

i can already hear the 2 games in a week excuse, or we have too many injuries etc etc. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Just now, room0035 said:

Weren't people saying the same thing a few years ago about Brentford and look where they are now.

we need a sustainable club and currently we are not bringing rising talent to develop, instead we are looking more like a dads army.

i can already hear the 2 games in a week excuse, or we have too many injuries etc etc. 

Regrettably agreed, unless we start targeting younger signings for the remainder of the window, it's clear we will be going for another sh*t or bust strategy...

1 hour ago, Beauchief Owl said:

Once Luongo didn't turn up for training on Monday, I think it was pretty clear he'd not signed and would be going. He apparently tweeted a message indicating he'd not refused the contract but then again you can't blame the club for moving whilst he considered other offers. Sad to see him go, however.

What a ridiculous assumption to make 

1) how many players reported for training on Monday 

2) how many players were scheduled and expected to report for training on Monday 

you’ve wrote that like luongo was instructed to be at training on Monday and he’s gone awol 

yet only a fraction of players were in on Monday 

we already know some players have been given extension 

and it’s quite plausible to assume that this first week in conditioning and assessment of players fitness level will be phased over the week and maybe next week 

I didn’t see anything from any foreign players 

Our new keeper 

our captain 

It looked like about quarter of the squad was present abs that’s just from pictures 

As it stands you know nothing about who was meant to Be there little about who was there, you probably don’t even know if luongo was there or not but you’ve taken that as he’s refused to go 

idiots post 

Guest DoesJackHunt
4 minutes ago, fpowl said:

What a ridiculous assumption to make 

1) how many players reported for training on Monday 

2) how many players were scheduled and expected to report for training on Monday 

you’ve wrote that like luongo was instructed to be at training on Monday and he’s gone awol 

yet only a fraction of players were in on Monday 

we already know some players have been given extension 

and it’s quite plausible to assume that this first week in conditioning and assessment of players fitness level will be phased over the week and maybe next week 

I didn’t see anything from any foreign players 

Our new keeper 

our captain 

It looked like about quarter of the squad was present abs that’s just from pictures 

As it stands you know nothing about who was meant to Be there little about who was there, you probably don’t even know if luongo was there or not but you’ve taken that as he’s refused to go 

idiots post 

I think he was just expressing his opinion, you obviously don’t agree but not sure Beauchief warrants being labelled an idiot for it mate.

43 minutes ago, fpowl said:

I think when the club posted it they said the ones being retained will be offered contracts as opposed to have 

This is hadly definitive but Alex Miller wrote in the Star on 31st May in an article about Luongo's world cup hopes:

'The midfielder played 30 times for Wednesday last season and has been offered a new contract to extend his stay at Hillsborough beyond the summer. The club await a decision'

Logically the club would have offered deals pretty soon after the retained list was announced so that it could put plans into place expediently for the new season. My thoughts are that there would  have been a time limit on the offer and personally I'm  happy with that.

• Like 1

Look, Luongo clearly wasn't going to sign that deal.

If he was going to sign the deal, he would've signed it by now, by putting that out on social media it makes him appear less of a villain to the fans.

That's all that's happened here.

• Like 2