SWFC SUMMER 2022 TRANSFER RUMOUR MEGATHREAD - in memory of Gurujuan

4 minutes ago, Tony Pulis said:

Look, Luongo clearly wasn't going to sign that deal.

If he was going to sign the deal, he would've signed it by now, by putting that out on social media it makes him appear less of a villain to the fans.

That's all that's happened here.

I’m a fan and it doesn’t appear that way to me 

Just now, Fablon Dunlop said:

Any news on Malik Wilks? That seemed like a real possibility but it's gone quiet.

Hull want to sell, player apparently wants to come, maybe just the fee that's the stumbling block?

When/if that's sorted, hopefully it moves quite quickly to completion.

I hope we haven't stalled and  prioritised chasing Smith, prefer Wilks. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, striker said:

Hull want to sell, player apparently wants to come, maybe just the fee that's the stumbling block?

When/if that's sorted, hopefully it moves quite quickly to completion.

I hope we haven't stalled and  prioritised chasing Smith, prefer Wilks. 

Wilks will be free surely, Hull still owe us their share of playoff finals money ?  haha

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, room0035 said:

Weren't people saying the same thing a few years ago about Brentford and look where they are now.

we need a sustainable club and currently we are not bringing rising talent to develop, instead we are looking more like a dads army.

i can already hear the 2 games in a week excuse, or we have too many injuries etc etc. 

I agree that we need a more sustainable long term model but I seriously doubt we’ll ever get it under the current ownership? Also the fans will not buy in to it either. If we don’t go up

next season, it’ll be apocalyptic on here in particular.

3 minutes ago, striker said:

Any news on Malik Wilks? That seemed like a real possibility but it's gone quiet.

Where did all this confidence re him signing for us come from?  I have not seen anything from a journo and I don't understand how a tweet between him & Windass was construed to mean he is coming here; in fact, his words were "not ready yet" which I thought meant either "I am not ready to move" or "My current , or prospective new, Club have not yet finalised their offer." Mind, I don't understand modern-day phone language so perhaps someone can explain.

Notice Harrogate are signing a few, including Mattock, so perhaps the friendly we have arranged enables us to run the rule over Patterson, with perhaps Jaden Brown going the other way.  Also, surely Sunderland will have Jack Diamond surplus to requirements?

Guest Willow Owl
5 minutes ago, Jim said:

I agree that we need a more sustainable long term model but I seriously doubt we’ll ever get it under the current ownership? Also the fans will not buy in to it either. If we don’t go up

next season, it’ll be apocalyptic on here in particular.

What are we currently doing that’s not sustainable?

3 minutes ago, Swingin' Sixties said:

Where did all this confidence re him signing for us come from?  I have not seen anything from a journo and I don't understand how a tweet between him & Windass was construed to mean he is coming here; in fact, his words were "not ready yet" which I thought meant either "I am not ready to move" or "My current , or prospective new, Club have not yet finalised their offer." Mind, I don't understand modern-day phone language so perhaps someone can explain.

Notice Harrogate are signing a few, including Mattock, so perhaps the friendly we have arranged enables us to run the rule over Patterson, with perhaps Jaden Brown going the other way.  Also, surely Sunderland will have Jack Diamond surplus to requirements?

Been several bits on the Wilks link. Some of them below. 

Diamond an interesting one, no formal link as yet, but the type of player we ought to be looking at. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/football/news/sheffield-wednesday-summer-transfer-target-24261741.amp

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/mallik-wilks-sheffield-wednesdays-pursuit-of-hull-citys-former-leeds-united-forward-gathering-pace-3725621

https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/sheffield-wednesday-linked-with-hull-citys-mallik-wilks-as-tyler-smith-set-for-exit-3723477

• Like 1

Portsmouth have joined the battle with Plymouth Argyle, Fleetwood and Lincoln City to sign free agent Mickel Miller.

Portsmouth have joined the pack of teams circling to get the signature of Rotherham forward Mickel Miller on a free transfer at the end of the season.

Guest Willow Owl
1 hour ago, Is That It said:

Can’t be bothered to find the post or poster that said contract offers weren’t made till last week.

I can categorically tell you that is 100% incorrect.

The club have to notify the EFL of their retained list, any player who is out of contract that has been offered a new deal has to be sent a registered mail contract offer (usually goes to the agent) and a copy has to be supplied to the league at the same time. This all had to be done by the 21st May 2022.

if anything has gone amiss with Mass then he needs to be asking his agent. Wouldn’t be the 1st time this has happened with a player.

21st May the Yorkshire post reported on the players released and that Hunt, NML, Luongo, Wildsmith had been offered new contracts.

To many fans looking to blame the club for everything and anything, without any information to back it up.

It’s a short preseason and the club cannot wait for ever for players to sign new deals. They could miss out on other targets by doing this.

Sign or goodbye 

2 minutes ago, Mighty Quinn said:

Who the devil are you then, Zorro, the Lone Ranger, some other masked man..Tommy Tynan....lolor perhaps Timmy Tinman..

My guess it that it's either the scarecrow or the cowardly lion.

He'll be following Massimo Luongo on the yellow brick road back to Oz soon.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

Portsmouth have joined the battle with Plymouth Argyle, Fleetwood and Lincoln City to sign free agent Mickel Miller.

Portsmouth have joined the pack of teams circling to get the signature of Rotherham forward Mickel Miller on a free transfer at the end of the season.

Mick Miller?

Must be some kind of joke?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Royal_D said:

Also,  it’s a bit daft to expect the club to keep Mass alongside Vaulks , Bannan , Byers , FDB and Adeniran 

Vaulks is a direct replacement 

Is he tho or is he Wings replacement as we are still shy a CM...or a CDM..Thought Vaulks was more of a box to box?..

UTO...