Lee Gregory

1 minute ago, BIG D said:

Not worth it for us to sell him. Would make no sense whatsoever 

I dunno, there are scenarios where it does. E.g., the next Scott Twine becomes available on a free, then Gregory's salary can be used to get that player to us, and then the fee for Gregory gets reinvested in a midfield replacement for Luongo. 

Don't get me wrong, I would be pretty disheartened if we sold Gregory, but there are ways we can make pretty much any possible transfer out work for us... except maybe a Bannan transfer.

Do I trust us to make that sort of savvy move if our hand was forced? No, probably not... but yeah. I'd like to think/hope we can maneuver a little in the market if the opportunity presents itself.

• Like 1

If there’s one thing Chansiri has shown during his time here it’s that he only sells players he wants to sell, even if that means them running their contract down and going on a free.

He’ll only leave if we want him to.

• Like 1

Derby? They're having trouble funding their wages at present.

Boro' and Wigan if true, could be attractive as they offer Championship football but he's contracted to us for another year so it's up to us and whether we are willing to sell.

DC will back whatever Moore wants to do.

Tell you what though, if there is any truth in that story, it makes your wonder what sort of market most EFL clubs will be operating in. 

Gregory is a very good striker, but he's 33 and scored 18 goals in League One. Are clubs like Boro (who you would think will be wanting to challenge top 6) looking at that sort of player profile for recruitment? 

They might as well snap up Fletcher who just got released by Stoke if they are. 

We should definitely be looking to keep him unless silly money is being offered. We should also probably be offering a new contract to prevent end of season out of contract-itis. The same with everyone we want to keep this season that's entering their last year. Otherwise performances will drop like I think they did with luongo the last two months.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1