Bannan Injury

Just now, owls maniac said:

Yeah keep clapping as DM easily gets us in the play offs with 85 points. When you going to give him any credit? 

Done very well, with the best squad in the league, but even a blind man could see changes were needed at half time, to rest key players for Friday.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Animis said:

he spent 20 mins walking around the ground with his daughter on his shoulders kicking a ball around, and waving to the crowd. I'd say he's gonna be alright.

This isn't a slight against this comment but I've got an image in my head of Sunderland lining up with daughters of wednesday players now and, to have a handicap, our players have other children on their shoulders

Forget pens, thats how ties should be decided

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

First sentence 'Bizarre Logic'

Second sentence "He should have been taken off because he was trying"

Foooook me

Get to bed you lunatic

lol

It’s very very simple.

The play offs were done.

He should’ve protected the key players.

Its not hindsight - loads around me said it at the time. Thousands in the ground will have thought it.

it was obvious!

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Despite all this advice some of our fans are handing out to Darren Moore he's ignoring them and getting us promoted

I'll stick with Moore thanks

UP THE OWLS

I can’t be arsed with arguing with the DM bashers now. We won 4-1, we are in the playoffs, we were fantastic today, the atmosphere was electric, it’s been a very exciting and enjoyable season. I also don’t think we’ve ever had a manager who looks after players as much as DM does. Yet something happened that no one could realistically have foreseen and the insults come trotting out. People saying DM is ‘brain dead’ and not taking Bannan off was ‘unforgivable’ and all that bilge. It’s pathetic. 

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, CircleSeven said:

I can’t be arsed with arguing with the DM bashers now. We won 4-1, we are in the playoffs, we were fantastic today, the atmosphere was electric, it’s been a very exciting and enjoyable season. I also don’t think we’ve ever had a manager who looks after players as much as DM does. Yet something happened that no one could realistically have foreseen and the insults come trotting out. People saying DM is ‘brain dead’ and not taking Bannan off was ‘unforgivable’ and all that bilge. It’s pathetic. 

Big time

No matter what he does they'll pour hate on him

Promotion won't be enough either

Neither would winning manager of the year or getting us promoted again to the Premiership

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

I don’t know why the journalists even bother asking Moore…. Hasn’t the penny dropped yet, he never gives anything away. And why should he give any snippets of information that the opposition can pick up on and prepare for?

Despite what people said earlier in the season, when they were ripping him apart because of his style of interview, it seems to me like all of Moore’s answers are well thought out, give the interview, give nothing away. Just because he doesn’t come on the radio and describe his tactics and go into the intricate details of our play, then automatically a section of the fan base decided that he doesn’t know what he’s talking about. It was pointless trying to go against the grain back then.

But back to the point, we probably won’t find out until the starting lineup is announced. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Horatio Hornblower said:

I’d explain again, but if you didn’t grasp it the first time, there’s not much point wasting more energy repeating myself. 

Citing Moores poor game management ‘lack of foresight’ in a thread about Bannan injury is not blaming Moore then? Ok 👌 UTO 

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Makes you wonder why that is really

He's just got us 85 points - EIGHTY FIVE

At home he's just got us 53 points - 16 wins - FORTRESS

He's got us playing attacking exciting football

We've stopped conceding many of the goals we have been doing

We have stopped giving goals and points at the end of games

We have new heroes playing out of their skin for him

We're getting promoted

But some just come on after a 4-1 win that secures playoffs and decide to immediately target and lay into Darren Moore

It's so weird 

So bizarre

I'm glad Moore is doing what he's doing - he's getting us promoted

Ignore the haters looking to pour scorn on our boss

He's gone from death bed covid, pneumonia and pleuresy to playoffs within a year

We should have walked this division tbh.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, JemmoJemoJemmo said:

It’s very very simple.

The play offs were done.

He should’ve protected the key players.

Its not hindsight - loads around me said it at the time. Thousands in the ground will have thought it.

it was obvious!

so what happens if you take off Gregory, Hutchinson and Bannan and then Luongo, Byers and Johnson all get injured?

Moore can’t win 

25 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I can only imagine what you would post if he had done exactly that and Hirst had gone on to score three more goals and knock us out the playoffs 

am sure you’d be supporting the substitutions at that point wholeheartedly 

Not sure how our substitutions could help Plymouth score 5 goals.

• Like 1