Bannan Injury

6 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I can only imagine what you would post if he had done exactly that and Hirst had gone on to score three more goals and knock us out the playoffs 

am sure you’d be supporting the substitutions at that point wholeheartedly 

That’s just it, it didn’t matter if hirst did score three more.

Did you not look at the other scores?

• Love 1

48 minutes ago, Horatio Hornblower said:

The play off spot was secured at the 60 minute mark.Was expecting to see Bannan and Gregory substituted to conserve energy and protect them from injuries but for some reason Moore kept them on until Bannan was subbed with 8 minutes to go. It’s these decisions and lack of foresight that I think DM really struggles with. Incredibly frustrating if Bannan did pick up an injury in the last few minutes. 

People won't accept this on here, but you're 100% right,at 60 mins Bannan & Gregory should have been off.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just now, @owlstalk said:

yeah but that doesn't fit with the Moore haters desire to pour as much hate on Moore as possible (again)

True - I think what fans have to remember that it's the player who determines what he does when on the pitch.

BB's 60 yrd sprint with the ball trying to set up a 5th goal, is simply instinctive. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, JemmoJemoJemmo said:

He should’ve taken Hutch, Bannan & Gregory off with 30 minutes to go.

Absolute stupidity, unforgivable and no excuse.

Brain dead.

Then if we had drawn 3-3 you wouldn't have said a word about it. Would you?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, marconi said:

Three laughing emojis so far.

Won’t be laughing if our talisman misses out.

Of course we won’t. But some of us are intelligent enough to realise some things happen freakishly and you can’t mitigate every single risk or use it to have a pop at the manager with. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, dumboldowl said:

Then if we had drawn 3-3 you wouldn't have said a word about it. Would you?

No that is my point. That’s why he should’ve done it. I said to the friend I go with it didn’t matter if we lost 4-3 - which is why he should definitely have made changes.

• Like 1

There is a HUGE difference between being able to cope without your best player and not missing them.

He is by far the best outfield player in this division over the course of the season, and the one player other teams adjust their gameplan around.  

Can we win without him? sure, of course Luongo, Byers, Dele and the rest of the midfield are not exactly slouches, but B.B is by far and away our danger man, it will be harder without him in the team.

I hope its nothing serious and he is fit for the playoffs, we are much stronger with him in the team.

Edited by leftpeg
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, JemmoJemoJemmo said:

It wasn’t hindsight, I said it at the time.

It was obvious.

Me too mate, I was looking at the Management Team, from 60 mins, & thinking get Bannan & Gregory off. Lots who know football were thinking the same.

Hopefully cramp.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, JemmoJemoJemmo said:

No that is my point. That’s why he should’ve done it. I said to the friend I go with it didn’t matter if we lost 4-3 - which is why he should definitely have made changes.

He’d have got slammed for losing us the home tie in the 2nd leg if we draw the game. Moore can’t do right for some on here. 

• Thanks 2

Just now, JemmoJemoJemmo said:

Bizarre logic.

you can’t blame a player for trying, that’s why he should’ve been off. 

First sentence 'Bizarre Logic'

Second sentence "He should have been taken off because he was trying"

Foooook me

Get to bed you lunatic

lol

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop