Wednesday - Cheltenham - OMDT

44 minutes ago, Devonstrix said:

Sorry mate, tha's lost me theer. 

🥴

Oh, you’re making me feel old now. When I were a lad, with 1 tv channel, in black and white, that shut off at 1030 pm"…………………..

I could go on -so I will - it relates to when we had proper buses in Sheffield, with an open platform at the back and a conductor going round taking fares. You weren’t supposed to but you could jump on the bus whilst it was moving  in traffic, grabbing the bars as you did so, and jump off the same rather than waiting till it stopped. Health and safety - bah humbug !!

• Like 1

Cheltenham are actually quite a decent side on their day, but the fact they like to have a go at playing football and are safely in mid table and not fighting for their lives means we have to be looking to take charge today and get a solid win. 

The problem is I just don’t think we have the confidence to put this game to bed in the way we really should. They have more than enough to give us a tough day and even pinch a win if our mentality isn’t right. 

Praying for three points today. If not my prediction of a seventh place finish will start to look nailed on. 

49 minutes ago, doubleo said:

Oh, you’re making me feel old now. When I were a lad, with 1 tv channel, in black and white, that shut off at 1030 pm"…………………..

I could go on -so I will - it relates to when we had proper buses in Sheffield, with an open platform at the back and a conductor going round taking fares. You weren’t supposed to but you could jump on the bus whilst it was moving  in traffic, grabbing the bars as you did so, and jump off the same rather than waiting till it stopped. Health and safety - bah humbug !!

I was only joking mate. I tried to leave a winking emoji but it went wrong. I remember all that stuff. Catching the electric trolley bus from my Aunties in Wickersley in the early 60’s. Happy days! Hope we have another one today. 

9 hours ago, Rotherham Owl said:

Is that Andy Blair's son who plays for them?

Why do you think they have moved him into the centre forward position for the visit to Hillsborough?

He scored for them in the reverse fixture against us. His brother died recently. It meant a lot for him to have scored against us  in the reverse fixture

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matty_Blair

WAWAW

Great OMDT as ever M'Lud.

Going with Heart over Head with this one, Head says we're in a rut with no goal scorers available so at best will grind out a 0-0 bore draw. Heart says Spring is in the air, and our well rested magnificent midfield 3 Musketeers of Bannan, Byers and Luongo will dominate.

2-0 Wednesday win - Gregory and Bannan.

3 hours ago, FlyingOwl said:

My worry comes with their strikers. Alfie May bang in form and having a great season. Blair coming absolutely chomping at the bit to score at the ground his Dad played at and his late brother supported.

We have GREAT defenders, individually they’d all walk into most teams at this level. I just worry that it’s almost April and we still don’t know who our best three are and therefore we can’t build up any fluidity back there.

Hopefully Gregory can get off the mark for his second half of the season today. I’d be starting him up front with Sow.

A conservative prediction of 2-1 Wednesday.

Its going to be a massive game for Blair

I think he deserves a warm reception from our fans today

WAWAW

• Like 1

Morning Snoots good intro as ever…  Hoping that being at home will be the advantage and getting an early goal against Cheltenham will get the crowd behind the lads to keep up a positive attacking minded approach to the match. Going for a 2-0 win for Wednesday. UTO!!!

6 minutes ago, FlyingOwl said:

I know it’s just a daft superstition, but I always feel like we win on gloriously sunny home games like this.

☀️☀️☀️☀️

I feel the same too.

And with the weather we usually get in the UK, probably goes a good way to explaining why we're scrambling about in the third division! 😁