Wednesday - Cheltenham - OMDT

Watched Plymouth beat them 2-0 in the week without breaking a sweat. Cheltenham will come to play football but weren’t that well organised at the back. Alfie May was their only real goal threat and he had a header ruled out for offside. He will be a threat for sure, and sadly was not really at it on Tuesday night. This of course makes me fear that he will be this afternoon. He has 22 for the season so I think those in attendance at S6 today are in for a nervous 90, watching May's darting runs. 

5-0 to the blue and white wizards then. 

• Like 2

Quality if somewhat brief omdt mi lord.

Fear not, the view from the Bishops Cleeve over  the course is beautiful this morning & I bagged a 40/1 winner on the Thursday. 👍 All is good.

Sincerely hope the spluttering form doesn’t continue & we win & p off up the table.

Cautious approach from me.

2-1 to us. 
Value for money at £10.

UTO

• Like 1

Thank you Snoots, another Saturday starts well, let's hope this one ends well.

It's an opportunity we really need to capitalise on, again, cashing in our game in hand and getting into those chuffing playoff places.

It's like we're playing our 'It's a Knockout' joker. I do miss Eddie Waring.

Let's have a massive win you big wonderful Wednesday.

Come on Wednesday!

Thanks Snoots. If we are serious about the playoffs we have to win today. This is our last match in hand over our nearest rivals, Oxford, Sunderland and Wycombe. Mentally, this  is a sh*t or bust match for me. We can’t go on missing opportunities to get in the top 6. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My worry comes with their strikers. Alfie May bang in form and having a great season. Blair coming absolutely chomping at the bit to score at the ground his Dad played at and his late brother supported.

We have GREAT defenders, individually they’d all walk into most teams at this level. I just worry that it’s almost April and we still don’t know who our best three are and therefore we can’t build up any fluidity back there.

Hopefully Gregory can get off the mark for his second half of the season today. I’d be starting him up front with Sow.

A conservative prediction of 2-1 Wednesday.

• Like 1

Ahhh Joffrey, what a character!

I say this most weeks but given our last 2 draws, today is a must win. Now is the time to show we mean business. I hope we go with Dean Hutch Storey at the back. 

COME ON WEDNESDAY!!! 🦉 

14 minutes ago, doubleo said:

Thanks Snoots. If we are serious about the playoffs we have to win today. This is our last match in hand over our nearest rivals, Oxford, Sunderland and Wycombe. Mentally, this  is a sh*t or bust match for me. We can’t go on missing opportunities to get in the top 6. 

When it comes to missing opportunities, this club's in a league of its own.

A frustrating afternoon ahead.

1-1

With Cheltenham's goal coming from a set piece.

9 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

A must win game today and one we should have enough quality to do so. Really need to step up our performances and results if we want to keep in touch with the top 6. 

Not being pedantic or having a go, but with just 7 matches left after today the time for keeping in touch with the top 6 is over. We need to be on the train not still running down the platform as it pulls away.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, doubleo said:

Not being pedantic or having a go, but with just 7 matches left after today the time for keeping in touch with the top 6 is over. We need to be on the train not still running down the platform as it pulls away.

Ha, I love that train analogy. Very apt. I’ve done it a time or two when I was in the military. I never caught up with the train and it was always expensive in lost days days pay and leave, after the inevitable disciplinary! 

Motto to Wednesday - ffs get onboard today and stay onboard until reaching the destination on the 21st May. 

1 minute ago, Devonstrix said:

Ha, I love that train analogy. Very apt. I’ve done it a time or two when I was in the military. I never caught up with the train and it was always expensive in lost days days pay and leave, after the inevitable disciplinary! 

Motto to Wednesday - ffs get onboard today and stay onboard until reaching the destination on the 21st May. 

Well I was going to use the bus analogy - running and jumping on the platform as it moved off, clinging onto the grip bars, but I thought our younger lot wouldn’t have a clue what I was talking about.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, doubleo said:

Spot on....

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, doubleo said:

Well I was going to use the bus analogy - running and jumping on the platform as it moved off, clinging onto the grip bars, but I thought our younger lot wouldn’t have a clue what I was talking about.

Sorry mate, tha's lost me theer. 

🥴